Welcome to Gaia! ::

I run into an issue with someone who i donated too not even a week ago. Well how this started they approach me in T2 requesting if i will give them some gold because they have no way of being able to earn it. i told them no, however they ask again, and again. So i finally told them yes, but only on the condition that they would stop asking users for gold. They agreed, so i sent them a trade. after they receive it, they disappear. However i saw them about 8 minutes later begging someone else for gold, and when i confronted them about it, they stated that they were sorry they lied to me, but the amount i gave them wasn't going to cover it. . . Then made a bunch of more excuses about why they lied.

Well i saw them today in t2, his user name looked familiar and when i ask them, hey! aren't you that guy from the other day who ask me for gold? Things escalate from there. He got very defensive and angry stating about how i was an liar, about how i never meet him before, or even gave him any gold. until i brought up the fact that it's on record under my trade history that i did, and i have screen shots that say other wise about you begging for gold. Even then he tried to make me look like an liar about what happen.

Yes. i understand that i donated to him, and that donations are consider to be gifts. But can something be done if someone is trying to make you out to be a complete an other lair in front of everyone?

*edit*

Before anyone else deices to post please know that, i am only looking for an yes or no answer to weather or not something can be done if someone is trying to make you out to be an complete and other liar, in front of everyone. . .
I usually report solicitation as spam. If they become persistent, I can elevate it to harassment. I also put them on ignore.

I think though it feels like there is a scam going on, it may not be seen that way. I should have kept that thread where a discussion about it was held to illustrate the nuances. sweatdrop
UNSUB
I usually report solicitation as spam. If they become persistent, I can elevate it to harassment. I also put them on ignore.

I think though it feels like there is a scam going on, it may not be seen that way. I should have kept that thread where a discussion about it was held to illustrate the nuances. sweatdrop

So i guess nothing can be done about this, huh? emo

Wizard

Why not just put this guy on ignore? It sounds like he's not going to stop begging, and you're not going to get your gold back. There's no use in picking a fight when it can be avoided.

If the person continues to try to contact you with any more harassment, then report him for abuse/harassment. Though you should only report him if:
Quote:
• You are continuing to receive abusive messages or comments, or continue to have abusive comments posted in the forums about your person, after you have asked the user or group of users making the comments to stop the behavior.
• You have received a message, comment, or have in any way been contacted by another member of Gaia and the abuser has made threats against your person or your Gaia account.
• A user or group of users continues to contact you on Gaia after you have asked them to stop contacting you, and you have put him/her/them on your ignore list. This includes being contacted by the abuser on a secondary (or mule) account.
Only if the user persistently begs for gold from the same person is it beginning to tiptoe into harassment. It isn't scamming to beg for gold, get gold, then ask others for gold. There is slim to nil chances that they'd be able to keep up your conditions for your donation. Begging is very common on-site, so it'd make it difficult for newbies to gain gold without spending RL cash on gold generators. Simply put, the terms of the agreement were unreasonable on your end, and approaching the user and accusing them of scamming is slightly abusive.
aramaa
Why not just put this guy on ignore? It sounds like he's not going to stop begging, and you're not going to get your gold back. There's no use in picking a fight when it can be avoided.

If the person continues to try to contact you with any more harassment, then report him for abuse/harassment. Though you should only report him if:
Quote:
• You are continuing to receive abusive messages or comments, or continue to have abusive comments posted in the forums about your person, after you have asked the user or group of users making the comments to stop the behavior.
• You have received a message, comment, or have in any way been contacted by another member of Gaia and the abuser has made threats against your person or your Gaia account.
• A user or group of users continues to contact you on Gaia after you have asked them to stop contacting you, and you have put him/her/them on your ignore list. This includes being contacted by the abuser on a secondary (or mule) account.

Picking a fight when it can be avoided? Can you please explain to me about how stopping to ask someone a question in the virtual spaces is consider picking a fight?
CrystaI Sparda
Only if the user persistently begs for gold from the same person is it beginning to tiptoe into harassment. It isn't scamming to beg for gold, get gold, then ask others for gold. There is slim to nil chances that they'd be able to keep up your conditions for your donation. Begging is very common on-site, so it'd make it difficult for newbies to gain gold without spending RL cash on gold generators. Simply put, the terms of the agreement were unreasonable on your end, and approaching the user and accusing them of scamming is slightly abusive.

did you even bother to even read what i said? if you would know i never stated that anyone was scamming, and the only reason why i approach them was to ask them a question .. .

Big Bunny

you could have just added them to ignore

y u being so defensive? lmao

Fuzzy Dragon

Begging for gold is nothing unusual. Unless they are harassing you there really isn't anything you can do other than ignore them or tell them to go to the charity threads for that stuff. Personally I tell beggars No, I worked for my gold and tell them to booty grab. I tend not to hear back from them after that.

Wizard

its_your_fault_not_mine
Picking a fight when it can be avoided? Can you please explain to me about how stopping to ask someone a question in the virtual spaces is consider picking a fight?

I know what you're getting at. This guy is the type of person who's only going to get defensive, and maybe even aggressive, when confronted. I just meant that trying to argue with that kind of person is useless because I doubt he's ever gonna listen. So it's just like, save yourself a headache and just ignore him.
Sorry if what I said came off the wrong way.
aramaa
its_your_fault_not_mine

I know what you're getting at. This guy is the type of person who's only going to get defensive, and maybe even aggressive, when confronted. I just meant that trying to argue with that kind of person is useless because I doubt he's ever gonna listen. So it's just like, save yourself a headache and just ignore him.
Sorry if what I said came off the wrong way.

It doesn't really matter to me anymore, mainly because no one even bother to answer my question i even had about this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff