Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Hellos. I'm chocos 3nodding and as you may know, I'm new to the site and I wish I could learn more about it, so I have some questions to ask and things to learn.
First of, lets start with appearance questions sweatdrop
*How can I get special items?
[For example, I've seen some of you guys have faces and blushes and items and hairs etc... that are not from the store. How did you get those? Can I get them with gold?]
*What happens if I buy some eyeballs? <---Answer please! gonk
[So...I want to buy some eyes (Inquisitive eyes or something like that...) from the store but I'm not sure because I don't know how this site works and what if they ''replenish'' the items and the eyes that I bought get lost forever since you can ONLY change them in the store? Do they change eyes in the store, or leave them forever and only bring in new items?) <--Same doubt with hair. emo
~~~~~~~
Now, normal questions:
*How does role-play work?
[I've visited some topics in the role-play area and think they are awesome, but I can't seem to join in. The stories are fine but I'm extremely confused on how people make preset characters. Can someone also answer something really important about this: I would like to role-play with my current avatar instead of a preset person the owner of the role-play thread has created. exclaim Is there any role-play rooms? exclaim I would really like for here to have some if not. Maybe make my room pretty and just open it to the public, make a new thread inviting people to my room and make a journal entry with the role-play information? Please answer if you can!!!]

~Thank you so much for your time redface
Hello & Welcome!

Please refer to the Gaia Help Center, you will find what you need to know there.

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Silasson
Hello & Welcome!

Please refer to the Gaia Help Center, you will find what you need to know there.
Thank you for informing me 3nodding but um...how to say... so far I've checked a little and I don't think they have answer for my specific case so far ;u;...
I'll continue checking but if I could, it would come a little...handy(?) to have someone answer me in the subject of my specified questions ^ ^
Thank you for your support! heart
chocos03
Silasson
Hello & Welcome!

Thank you for informing me 3nodding but um...how to say... so far I've checked a little and I don't think they have answer for my specific case so far ;u;...
I'll continue checking but if I could, it would come a little...handy(?) to have someone answer me in the subject of my specified questions ^ ^

I will assist you as best I can, feel free to ask me anything.

Newbie Noob

3,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Silasson
chocos03
Silasson
Hello & Welcome!

I will assist you as best I can, feel free to ask me anything.
Thank you very much! 3nodding
if you could, I would like to know (for now) the things I wrote in the thread, but if I have any other doubts I would certainly accept your help blaugh
chocos03
1. How can I get special items?

2. What happens if I buy some eyeballs?

3. How does role-play work?

1. After you have been a member for 3 days and have confirmed your email, you will be able to purchase a trading pass (500 GG). That pass allows you to use the marketplace as well as trade with other users.

The specialty items can be found in the marketplace and sometimes from the cash shop. If you would like to know more about cash, use the link I provided earlier.

2. When you purchase any hair or eye styles from the Salon Durem, your avatar will automatically wear that style. If in the future you decide you want different styles then decide you want the old one, you will have to buy it again. They never leave the shop and are really cheap.

3. If you would like to roleplay, find a roleplay forum, group, or guild, and they can show you how. Each roleplay is different, so the rules of how it works are up to them.

Shy Cutie-Pie

Hello and welcome to Gaia ^^

Popular Streaker

chocos03

No clue. Marketplace seems a nice place to start, though.

chocos03
*What happens if I buy some eyeballs?

Well, any non-item eyes are completely changeable and all of them replenish and never run out. Item eyes (items that when equipped change your eyes) are as well, but they count as items.

chocos03
*How does role-play work?
[I've visited some topics in the role-play area and think they are awesome, but I can't seem to join in. The stories are fine but I'm extremely confused on how people make preset characters. Can someone also answer something really important about this: I would like to role-play with my current avatar instead of a preset person the owner of the role-play thread has created. exclaim Is there any role-play rooms?

Actually, I happen to be in a guild that does roleplays. We're pretty free-form in roleplay style, character creation and customization, and we're running fairly low on people to do things with, so everyone and anyone (especially you for asking) is welcome to check it out. We can help newcomers out who don't know how to roleplay.

This is the guild page. You can check it out from here.

Hope I've helped.

Invisible Abomination

21,350 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
chocos03
[For example, I've seen some of you guys have faces and blushes and items and hairs etc... that are not from the store. How did you get those? Can I get them with gold?]
*What happens if I buy some eyeballs? <---Answer please! gonk
[So...I want to buy some eyes (Inquisitive eyes or something like that...) from the store but I'm not sure because I don't know how this site works and what if they ''replenish'' the items and the eyes that I bought get lost forever since you can ONLY change them in the store? Do they change eyes in the store, or leave them forever and only bring in new items?) <--Same doubt with hair. emo

1st Question=save a lot of money then go to their account to see the things they equipped and click it to redirect to marketplace and then buy it.
2nd Question=browse through the stores (salon durem I think) find it then buy it then voila.. instantly equipped.

Dapper Darling

23,825 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Hairs, skins, and eyes can be either your base avatar or an item.

You can change your base avatar by purchasing hair and eyes from Salon Durem (whose options never run out or disappear) or skins from Skin Tyte (ditto).

Over your base avatar you can lay items that change your mouth, skin, hair, arms, legs, etc. For example, I am wearing a skin from Padmavati's Lotus and hair from SDPlus #163 Jaws.

When I go into dress up and take off all my items, I look like this:

User Image

By special items I assume you mean non-shop items?
There are a few ways you can get those.

~ Event items are given away by the site for free during special events, we just finished up an Easter event that awarded items for clicking on eggs that NPCs posted. Each event has its own rules for how to get items.
~ Sponsor items are items that other companies pay Gaia to make and are usually given out after watching a short advertisement for the product or answering a quiz or poll. These items are usually found in the announcements so keep a look out for them!
~ Daily Chance grant items: Some items are unique to the daily chance cart at the top of each landing page. There are also unique daily grants you can get from aquariums (if you have fish in your tank) and zOMG! (if you know which NPCs to talk to, zOMG! is a bit complicated.)
~ Exchange items are items sort of found in the shops. Some shops like Ruby's Rack, The Ol' Fishin' Hole and H.R. Wesley have a button in them to take you to a place where you can exchange game items for avatar items. Trash picked up in towns can become paper hats; fish from the fishing game can become a large assortment of hats, eyes, etc; and credits from the word bump game can be traded in for caps and gowns to name a few.
~ Grant link items come from lots of places, they can be slightly secret so keep your ears and eyes open for people talking about them and sharing a link. Here's one to get you started.
~ Cash shop items are items that you just straight up pay gaia money to have. The cash shop (La Victoire) is always changing stock so items that are no longer in the cash shop will cost more gold on the marketplace because they are harder to get.
~ RIG items are basically cash shop items but they can only be found by buying a certain item that gives a random grant after playing a game of chance. It's hard to describe if you've never used one. It's a bit like opening a box that could contain ugly items or super awesome items but you're never sure which.

You can, of course, buy ALL of these on the marketplace if other users are willing to part with them. Some can cost quite a bit of gold so find a way to make it that you enjoy. :3

Stellar Succubus

No items ever leave the gold stores, so you're safe!

Some things like skin potions that only have one use won't equip/be used automatically like hair and eyes are, they'll be under the 'special' tab in your inventory where you will have to 'use' the item. (single use only, click on it in your inventory to use it.)

When I say inventory, I don't mean your avatar dress up page, I mean the coat hanger icon in My Gaia ^_^

As for special items, they're usually available in the Marketplace or Exchange Forum, for gold. But to get them faster, you can use Gaia Cash when they're available.

There are different special items available from the cash shop, some are very limited and rare, and can only be gotten from a Gacha box style Chance game where you don't get to choose the item.

Others are limited releases, such as Monthly Collectibles, Evolving Items and Rapid Evolving Items, as well as regular Cash Shop releases.

These may be in the cash shop for longer and can be bought directly from there when they're available.

Most, if not all of these items are likely to be sold on the marketplace or in the exchange for gold, but users decide how much to charge and some are so rare that people will charge many millions of gold for them.

I hope that adds to what others have told you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff