Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

I got a few things that confuse me about notices:

1. I've been on a few times each day and it seems I'll get a notice that a thread I'm subscribed to has gotten new posts. I have it set for notices, but the new posts are my posts that I'd made the last time I was checking the thread gonk

2. Other times, I'll already be in the the thread and chatting away with other members, then I'll open a new tab (for say browsing the marketplace) and on that tab I get a flood of notices about the topic (either quotes, which I can understand, or the topic has new posts) but the topic itself hasn't changed since I opened the new tab! (and now it will say at the top I've got X number of new notices) gonk

3. Also, I'll be browsing shops, trying on clothes while waiting for a notice that someone's responded to me in a thread. When I'll get no notice for some time, I go to browse the topic anyway (usually refresh it to see if people just went offline), there were new posts without a notice! sweatdrop

I'm not really understanding how the notices pick and choose when to let me know a topic has been updated. sweatdrop I can somewhat come up with an explanation for problem #1, as when I long in at different times of the day, I might be on a different computer. But then, does that mean notices require cookies? confused

Familiar Friend

Another example:
I posted this thread while I was on break today (at work) and then subscribed to it. (Can't exactly subscribe to a thread that doesn't exist yet, right?) I checked back at the thread before my break was over, and then went back to work.

Now I come home, and I had two notices. One of them was stating there were 'new posts' on this thread! My thoughts were, of course, "Yay! Someone said something about my problem!" But then I clicked on the link to this thread, and it was still just the original post. gonk

Familiar Friend

Third example (or so):
I'd been watching this thread and two others all afternoon / evening but took a few hours break. No one was posting for some time anyway. I come back by first refreshing the topics I was watching, then I check the "Site Q&A" forum in general, and poof! I have 5 new notices. Each notice was to something I'd already reviewed several hours ago when I was last on, and back then, I didn't get a notice.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
i also get notices out of nowhere for my contest thread, saying someone has posted in it,
but i'll go to check it out, and i'm the last one to post, and it was literally from hours ago.
hopefully someone will know what's up and let us both know <3

Familiar Friend

A good mock timeline would be something like this:

12pm - I'm watching the thread, people are posting.

1pm - I'm still watching the thread, people aren't posting any more.

2pm - People still aren't posting, so I give up and take a break.

6pm - I come back from break and refresh all the pages of the topics. None have anything new. Still only the posts from 12pm. After refreshing those pages I get the several notices that all of those pages have new posts. But none of them do. sweatdrop

Familiar Friend

*moves topic back to page 1 since it is unresolved* I guess I ask the hard questions... sweatdrop

Familiar Friend

SieSatta
*moves topic back to page 1 since it is unresolved* I guess I ask the hard questions... sweatdrop
Again sweatdrop

Familiar Friend

SieSatta
SieSatta
Again sweatdrop
Again. sweatdrop

......Is this maybe something for the bug report section?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff