Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Star

Watervoir

Sorry to bug you. I have a few questions.

First of all, will we be notified if our application has been declined? So that, even if it's been 9 months since we submitted, as long as we haven't gotten a notification saying it was declined then we shouldn't put another application through?

Secondly, what are the activity requirements to be a moderator? Sometimes I become scarce when school picks up. Or would all of this be disclosed at the time of our acceptance?

Lastly, I just tried to open up the application, but... "Sorry, you may not apply to be a moderator because your account has had several warnings in the last six months. You may try to apply again after May 15, 2015. Please refresh yourself on our site's Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines until then. You can find them at the bottom of every Gaia Online webpage."

However...I have never received a warning.
Unless your topics getting moved counts as warning? Which seems very unfair.

Rich Millionaire

viscountice

Quote:
Sorry to bug you. I have a few questions.

You didn't ask me, but I know some of these answers. 3nodding

Quote:
First of all, will we be notified if our application has been declined? So that, even if it's been 9 months since we submitted, as long as we haven't gotten a notification saying it was declined then we shouldn't put another application through?

Yes. As long as you haven't gotten a reply, it's still being reviewed. You'll be notified if it's declined or accepted.

Quote:
Secondly, what are the activity requirements to be a moderator? Sometimes I become scarce when school picks up. Or would all of this be disclosed at the time of our acceptance?

I don't know the exact requirements (since I'm not a moderator), but I believe that once you become one, you can just tell them if you're gonna become inactive. Also, if you resign, I believe you can always come back (as long as you left on good terms.

Quote:
Lastly, I just tried to open up the application, but... "Sorry, you may not apply to be a moderator because your account has had several warnings in the last six months. You may try to apply again after May 15, 2015. Please refresh yourself on our site's Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines until then. You can find them at the bottom of every Gaia Online webpage."

This thread may be of help.

Ice-Cold Star

TheGazSpaz

Quote:

This thread may be of help.

WHEW.
Thank you so much for the answers!
I PMed a Site Moderator so I'll keep an eye out for a response. If I don't hear anything I'll probably PM Zero Omega or someone else of higher rank.
viscountice

You gotta at least commit a couple hours or so a day/week to what I've heard about activity requirements.

Yes, you're free to resign if life gets too crazy for you, and Gaia is understanding of schooling and to what I hear will be cool with if you gotta worry bout school life over Gaia life. A ton of mods do this, so don't feel pressured or worried.

You'll know who to send an e-mail to when/if you get accepted into mod training if you ever do resign or need to "take a break". I read that they'll recheck your record to be sure you haven't broken any rules or become a troll since your time off the mod team. If everything is good, then you're free to come back on as a mod. However if you leave on bad terms you may not be able to come back on as a site moderator.

Don't quote me on all this as I have read old posts to get this info, A ton of my info is coming from real former mods or current mods who have posted here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff