Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
I have a question regarding warnings.
Say you have warnings (supposedly I do, though I don't remember why or when I even got them), do these warnings go away or expire after time?
I would like to apply for a moderator, but I can't do to things I must have done that I don't even remember doing or getting warned about =/

8,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
KittenGrey
I have a question regarding warnings.
Say you have warnings (supposedly I do, though I don't remember why or when I even got them), do these warnings go away or expire after time?
I would like to apply for a moderator, but I can't do to things I must have done that I don't even remember doing or getting warned about =/

They do eventually stop counting against you for the application...the longer time between the warning and your application, the better off you'll be as well. I believe you can PM a moderator and they can look into the warnings for you to let you know why you aren't able to apply just yet.
wai cool but um how do i know hw many posts i have made??

Invisible Prophet

Raven MoonBeam
User Image

You can find out in My Gaia section.
Stephanie Leonheart
Raven MoonBeam
User Image

You can find out in My Gaia section.

E ok thnx! heart

Invisible Prophet

Raven MoonBeam

E ok thnx! heart
User Image

You're welcome. =3

Witty Fatcat

Sharkworld
No need to quote the first post in order to ask a question here. It just stretches the page.

The reason the reports should be recent is because it shows you are actively trying to help the community now. We aren't looking for people who make the 100 reports and then stop because they meet the basic criteria. We want people who genuinely want to help Gaia as best as they can with the tools they have available to them. Which in the case of you guys is the report system.

I was discussing the 100 report requirement with people in this forum, and it was suggested that placing reports about spam or misplaced topics in the GD forum would not be quality enough to meet the criteria. Is that true?

The way that I see it, is it's helping Gaia and moderating it the only way I have the power to. Although everyone knows that the GD is a mess, that's the whole point of wanting moderators, isn't it? Reporting these threads, although there are many, is one step closer to getting the forum under control, the same way you would as a moderator.

Or am I completely off?

It's quite difficult to have 100 reports otherwise because there don't seem to be THAT many people breaking the rules. At least not where I spend most of my time. I see maybe one a week, but that would not meet the criteria if it's within the 6 month span.

Self-sustaining Simp

Secret Duckie

I was discussing the 100 report requirement with people in this forum, and it was suggested that placing reports about spam or misplaced topics in the GD forum would not be quality enough to meet the criteria. Is that true?

The way that I see it, is it's helping Gaia and moderating it the only way I have the power to. Although everyone knows that the GD is a mess, that's the whole point of wanting moderators, isn't it? Reporting these threads, although there are many, is one step closer to getting the forum under control, the same way you would as a moderator.

Or am I completely off?

It's quite difficult to have 100 reports otherwise because there don't seem to be THAT many people breaking the rules. At least not where I spend most of my time. I see maybe one a week, but that would not meet the criteria if it's within the 6 month span.

Reports in the GD forum count just as much as they do in any other. Ideally if you report in a few different places, it shows that you have a good understanding of the rules in general rather than in just one forum, but as long as the reports are valid, you won't be penalised based on which forums you're reporting in.

Witty Fatcat

That makes sense. Okay! Thank you! biggrin

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Just to add to that... Hot Topics are also usually quite a good place to see a lot of (albet less serious) rule breaking ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff