Welcome to Gaia! ::

hello i've been tryin to apply for a mod for about 2 days now but it still wont open up. it says 'Authentication Error

Sorry, but we're not accepting applications at this time. Please try again later.'
i have read the faq, im over 18. and i have all those requirements. is it becuz i live in australia the time openin slots are dif becuz the afternoon on gaia is like really early in the mornin for me can this be resolved ?

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
That just means applications aren't open at the moment and to try again later. The fact that you're in Australia isn't something that will change anything, I'm in New Zealand and managed to apply.

Nationality is not an issue.
thx for answering leo, so there's someone staying up 24/7 reading the application n open it at random times durin the whole day when they're finished ?
i just noticed i was 9hrs infront of the gmt time of gaia ><

Seeker

6,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image

If I had to guess, I'd think that the application opens when the current batch has been sorted through, so they don't get too backed up in the review process.
System works like this.
User submits application. System holds it. Admins review the application on their own time. When it's accepted or declined, that application is moved out of the line, and there is now a new spot in the line for anybody else to submit an application. They don't go around announcing when there is open space.
Edit: This is also answered by question twelve of the FAQ.
will there be more mods as gaia becomes even bigger and a need for people to keep things right?
alandi101
will there be more mods as gaia becomes even bigger and a need for people to keep things right?

That's part of the reason behind opening up applications to the entire site. Yes, we're looking for more mods.
mcm
alandi101

That's part of the reason behind opening up applications to the entire site. Yes, we're looking for more mods.

how many are you going to take in to the mods
oh ok. but when the application is accepted/declined and a new spot is open depends on wat time the admin reads it?
is the admin online at around 2am-11am their time ? bcuz if not then my time slot wont work, i check thru the morning till night and it still never works. i goto the page every 5-10 minutes but never any luk.

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Lililooloo2
oh ok. but when the application is accepted/declined and a new spot is open depends on wat time the admin reads it?
is the admin online at around 2am-11am their time ? bcuz if not then my time slot wont work, i check thru the morning till night and it still never works. i goto the page every 5-10 minutes but never any luk.

Just be patient, patience is key.

Honestly, you're checking too soon and it'll drive you mad. There's not going to be any change 10 minutes from now, nor 10 minutes after that.

It takes longer to review a group of applications than it does take to submit them, so there will be large periods of nothing happening.

At most I would say check once every few of days, it's not to be changing any sooner than that.

When they are open they tend to stay open for a while (as far as I know) since they're not announced not a lot of people notice immediately.
oh ok. do you know when theyre goin to stop receivin applications? i hope it's not soon >< i really want to apply

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Lililooloo2
oh ok. do you know when theyre goin to stop receivin applications? i hope it's not soon >< i really want to apply

Honestly, I don't think they're going to close it anytime soon. Unless they say something indicating that they're done, honestly, I'd assume that the applications are open. They're looking for a lot of new moderators, in part to replace ones that have left, in part just to grow the team.

Just keep trying. Eventually you'll be able to apply.
iFreakeh_Gummi3Bear
I have a question do the admins pick people to send the applications to people who never done anything wrong on gaia?

I don't quite follow. The application isn't sent to anyone, individual users choose to apply by themselves.
Depending on the severity and frequency of the warnings you have received, as well as how recent the last ones were, you may or may not be accepted to training.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff