Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Star

Watervoir

Sorry to bug you. I have a few questions.

First of all, will we be notified if our application has been declined? So that, even if it's been 9 months since we submitted, as long as we haven't gotten a notification saying it was declined then we shouldn't put another application through?

Secondly, what are the activity requirements to be a moderator? Sometimes I become scarce when school picks up. Or would all of this be disclosed at the time of our acceptance?

Lastly, I just tried to open up the application, but... "Sorry, you may not apply to be a moderator because your account has had several warnings in the last six months. You may try to apply again after May 15, 2015. Please refresh yourself on our site's Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines until then. You can find them at the bottom of every Gaia Online webpage."

However...I have never received a warning.
Unless your topics getting moved counts as warning? Which seems very unfair.
viscountice

Quote:
Sorry to bug you. I have a few questions.

You didn't ask me, but I know some of these answers. 3nodding

Quote:
First of all, will we be notified if our application has been declined? So that, even if it's been 9 months since we submitted, as long as we haven't gotten a notification saying it was declined then we shouldn't put another application through?

Yes. As long as you haven't gotten a reply, it's still being reviewed. You'll be notified if it's declined or accepted.

Quote:
Secondly, what are the activity requirements to be a moderator? Sometimes I become scarce when school picks up. Or would all of this be disclosed at the time of our acceptance?

I don't know the exact requirements (since I'm not a moderator), but I believe that once you become one, you can just tell them if you're gonna become inactive. Also, if you resign, I believe you can always come back (as long as you left on good terms.

Quote:
Lastly, I just tried to open up the application, but... "Sorry, you may not apply to be a moderator because your account has had several warnings in the last six months. You may try to apply again after May 15, 2015. Please refresh yourself on our site's Terms of Service and Rules and Guidelines until then. You can find them at the bottom of every Gaia Online webpage."

This thread may be of help.

Ice-Cold Star

TheGazSpaz

Quote:

This thread may be of help.

WHEW.
Thank you so much for the answers!
I PMed a Site Moderator so I'll keep an eye out for a response. If I don't hear anything I'll probably PM Zero Omega or someone else of higher rank.
viscountice

You gotta at least commit a couple hours or so a day/week to what I've heard about activity requirements.

Yes, you're free to resign if life gets too crazy for you, and Gaia is understanding of schooling and to what I hear will be cool with if you gotta worry bout school life over Gaia life. A ton of mods do this, so don't feel pressured or worried.

You'll know who to send an e-mail to when/if you get accepted into mod training if you ever do resign or need to "take a break". I read that they'll recheck your record to be sure you haven't broken any rules or become a troll since your time off the mod team. If everything is good, then you're free to come back on as a mod. However if you leave on bad terms you may not be able to come back on as a site moderator.

Don't quote me on all this as I have read old posts to get this info, A ton of my info is coming from real former mods or current mods who have posted here.

Feline Bookworm

viscountice
First of all, will we be notified if our application has been declined?
TheGazSpaz
Yes. As long as you haven't gotten a reply, it's still being reviewed. You'll be notified if it's declined or accepted.

Not necessarily. I applied in July/August of 2O13 and then went on a brief hiatus from the
site in November 2O13 for a few months. I never heard back but when I asked an Omni Mod what was
happening with it they told me it was declined due to inactivity. I wasn't informed of this until I asked.
I'm not sure if it was a one off or they assumed I wasn't coming back or something along those lines,
but just a heads up that you don't always get a notification about being declined in the case of
inactivity.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Literatic
viscountice
First of all, will we be notified if our application has been declined?
TheGazSpaz

Not necessarily. I applied in July/August of 2O13 and then went on a brief hiatus from the
site in November 2O13 for a few months. I never heard back but when I asked an Omni Mod what was
happening with it they told me it was declined due to inactivity. I wasn't informed of this until I asked.
I'm not sure if it was a one off or they assumed I wasn't coming back or something along those lines,
but just a heads up that you don't always get a notification about being declined in the case of
inactivity.

The only way you wouldn't be notified is if you don't access your account from the time the acceptance/declination PM is sent, to 2 weeks after. PMs only stay in the sender's outbox for a week or two, then they're deleted, so it is possible for someone to miss an acceptance/declination PM if they go on a somewhat short hiatus. If a user isn't active when they're sent the PM, the staff aren't required to continue to attempt to contact them any further about the matter.

Feline Bookworm

Crystal Sparda

The only way you wouldn't be notified is if you don't access your account from the time the acceptance/declination PM is sent, to 2 weeks after. PMs only stay in the sender's outbox for a week or two, then they're deleted, so it is possible for someone to miss an acceptance/declination PM if they go on a somewhat short hiatus. If a user isn't active when they're sent the PM, the staff aren't required to continue to attempt to contact them any further about the matter.

Ohh, I had no idea about PMs being deleted from the outbox if they're not seen in that time
limit, that certainly explains it then! I wasn't annoyed by the lack of a PM about it, I just wanted
to inform that from what I could tell one wasn't always received. It seems a shame that one might
send a personal PM out to someone and have it be deleted after a time if the person is away though,
that certainly explains a few things for me! Thanks for clearing it up!
Literatic
Crystal Sparda

Ohh, I had no idea about PMs being deleted from the outbox if they're not seen in that time
limit, that certainly explains it then! I wasn't annoyed by the lack of a PM about it, I just wanted
to inform that from what I could tell one wasn't always received. It seems a shame that one might
send a personal PM out to someone and have it be deleted after a time if the person is away though,
that certainly explains a few things for me! Thanks for clearing it up!

They sent me a PM and said I was too inactive the past few times I've applied and went on a short break. It's not only you who has been declined for that I'm sure. razz It's automatically declined if they deem you too inactive to continue on with mod training, etc

Feline Bookworm

ChocolatexDoll
They sent me a PM and said I was too inactive the past few times I've applied and went on a short break. It's not only you who has been declined for that I'm sure. razz It's automatically declined if they deem you too inactive to continue on with mod training, etc

Oh I'm sure they've declined many people for that reason! It takes a fair while for them to get
around to responding, someone's whole circumstances can have changed in that time, unfortunately!
Literatic

Yes, indeed.

The only thing that bothers me sort of in a way is what if the person does have outstanding qualities to be accepted, but he/she went on a vacation from Gaia for a month or so? I feel that as long as you're in the quality standards department and are passable as a mod leaving them an acceptance PM wouldn't hurt since I wouldn't picture you'd need to respond right away.

Not sure how well this would work, but most people who do go away on vacation from here tend to come back.

That's just a personal thing of mine, though. razz

Feline Bookworm

ChocolatexDoll
Yes, indeed.

The only thing that bothers me sort of in a way is what if the person does have outstanding qualities to be accepted, but he/she went on a vacation from Gaia for a month or so? I feel that as long as you're in the quality standards department and are passable as a mod leaving them an acceptance PM wouldn't hurt since I wouldn't picture you'd need to respond right away.

Not sure how well this would work, but most people who do go away on vacation from here tend to come back.

That's just a personal thing of mine, though. razz

That would definitely be a good change, they could even say something to the effect of
"You've been accepted however we notice you've been absent from Gaia for x amount, if you're still
interested in becoming a moderator get back to us within x amount of days or your application will
be passed by."
So it gives people a bit of a chance after waiting so long for a response, y'know?

Dangerous Millionaire

6,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Excuse me I need help! When I was in towns 2 I was suddenly disconnected with a message saying "You have been disconnected by a moderator or member of staff. This is just a warning."

I just joined in towns 2, I didnt troll or did anything wrong, I was equipping my "box" item and pretending to spy on other people.

I didnt know but, IS THERE A RULE IN GAIA THAT YOU CANT BE A BOX? THEN REMOVE THAT ITEM IN THE MARKETPLACE >:L

your all being racist to me crying

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Kirito Soloer Fallen
Excuse me I need help! When I was in towns 2 I was suddenly disconnected with a message saying "You have been disconnected by a moderator or member of staff. This is just a warning."

I just joined in towns 2, I didnt troll or did anything wrong, I was equipping my "box" item and pretending to spy on other people.

I didnt know but, IS THERE A RULE IN GAIA THAT YOU CANT BE A BOX? THEN REMOVE THAT ITEM IN THE MARKETPLACE >:L

your all being racist to me crying

Just because this place has moderators in it doesn't mean the post you have is going to get answered. It's actually considered kind of rude to post things like this in here. It's always best to make your own thread and ask this kind of question.

It means you got kicked out of the flash space: it's a system that's designed to kick out trolls/hackers/bots. Were you also using the chat function? It's possible you might have said something that triggered the anti-hacker/bot/troll system in towns that got you kicked. There's no rule that says that you can't be a box, but there is a rule in which you cannot dress your avatars to suggest sexual activity (that's sexually explicit content and earns you a warning)
Also, Gaia doesn't tolerate racism either. I'm pretty sure a user being racist towards another user is a form of trolling, and can be reported.

But nonetheless, if you're curious as to why you were kicked from the flash space, you should PM a moderator and ask.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff