Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Noob

I'm trying to decide if I want to apply to be a moderator again...It was fun when I was a mod, but I don't know if I've been reporting enough to get by now. Hahahaha, I'll probably change my mind by tomorrow, but it's a nice idea to roll around in my head. rofl

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
DC-Chan

I'm trying to decide if I want to apply to be a moderator again...It was fun when I was a mod, but I don't know if I've been reporting enough to get by now. Hahahaha, I'll probably change my mind by tomorrow, but it's a nice idea to roll around in my head. rofl

When you apply it will let you know if you've reached the minimum reporting quota. 3nodding

Mega Noob

Arlette Mori
DC-Chan

When you apply it will let you know if you've reached the minimum reporting quota. 3nodding

Ahhhh! Thank you so much! I'll think about it more once I've been reporting for a little. Again, most likely won't get chosen even if I do apply since they'd have to re-train me. gonk

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
DC-Chan
Arlette Mori
DC-Chan

Ahhhh! Thank you so much! I'll think about it more once I've been reporting for a little. Again, most likely won't get chosen even if I do apply since they'd have to re-train me. gonk

You never know unless you apply. ninja

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
DC-Chan

Easier than training people anew, I imagine. Plus, they know how you did the first time around. smile

Last I checked I totally didn't make reporting quota (but also I just kind of wanted to know exactly what would happen if I clicked the button, because I knew it wouldn't send in an insta-apply).

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
If you make it all the way to becoming a mod (which I'd eventually like to do when my history gets cleared so I can apply x])
Can you choose which forum you are modding? or are you stuck with a certain forum?

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
sup-qt
If you make it all the way to becoming a mod (which I'd eventually like to do when my history gets cleared so I can apply x])
Can you choose which forum you are modding? or are you stuck with a certain forum?

I don't know how the system works now (left the mod team in 2010), but I'd imagine a mix of the two.

Gaia used to let mods choose their forums of interest. However, if your forum was very quiet, there just wouldn't be enough to do, so you'd need to venture away from your favorite places so that you could get enough reports. Or sometimes it would become clear that a place needed a few extra hands and people would volunteer. I liked wandering from forum to forum, so I actually did a lot of my forum selection that way.

At this point, Gaia might have specific forums it's looking to recruit for or certain types of reports it wants the mod squad to prioritize, but I can't imagine that they'd refuse to let you choose a favorite forum or two of your own.
Crap, I wanted to become a moderator.... But I'm only 13....
I'm really interested in becoming a moderator but I haven't made enough reports. However, I have read that you get banned making too many reports. Can someone explain or give me advice?

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
A Dark Untouchable Beauty
I'm really interested in becoming a moderator but I haven't made enough reports. However, I have read that you get banned making too many reports. Can someone explain or give me advice?

That's actually quite false.

Making too many reports? Pah-lease. As long as your reports are valid when reporting and you're honestly reporting the content in good faith, you will not get in trouble. Making reports just to get another user in trouble or just using them over and over again to clog up the system will get you a warning or a ban.
When I applied back in 2013 I had plenty of reports. I haven't gotten a response yet but I doubt I have 100... Will the application show the reports I did before I applied AND after?
TheGazSpaz
When I applied back in 2013 I had plenty of reports. I haven't gotten a response yet but I doubt I have 100... Will the application show the reports I did before I applied AND after?

Yes. All reports are logged, they will be able to see every report you have made, before and after, and will take them into consideration.
What is the difference btw a regular report and a non-flash report?
A Dark Untouchable Beauty
What is the difference btw a regular report and a non-flash report?

Regular reports include reporting topics & posts, they are non-flash reports by default. Flash reports are made in flash spaces such as towns, rally, or games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff