Welcome to Gaia! ::

[K!ng]'s Partner

Omnipresent Elder

dee ban
coldheartedangel
We are always accepting Mod apps.

Hello, I was wondering about the Mod apps. How long does it usually take for the apps to be reviewed and to notify us?
It depends when they are running new rounds. I don't think there are going to be any more this year, since we are just finishing one now. I waited i think 6 months to hear back from mine. The longer the better though, they do rejections pretty fast most of the time =)
coldheartedangel
dee ban
coldheartedangel

Hello, I was wondering about the Mod apps. How long does it usually take for the apps to be reviewed and to notify us?
It depends when they are running new rounds. I don't think there are going to be any more this year, since we are just finishing one now. I waited i think 6 months to hear back from mine. The longer the better though, they do rejections pretty fast most of the time =)

Oh, that's a bummer. I actually started my series of "100 reports" a few months ago and I am now about more than half way done. I guess it is still good to continue reporting. Thank you for taking your time replying ^.^

[K!ng]'s Partner

Omnipresent Elder

dee ban
coldheartedangel
dee ban
coldheartedangel

Oh, that's a bummer. I actually started my series of "100 reports" a few months ago and I am now about more than half way done. I guess it is still good to continue reporting. Thank you for taking your time replying ^.^
It is definitely good to keep reporting. It does not look good if you hit 100 and stop.

Invisible Elocutionist

21,515 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
I wish I could apply. I turn eighteen in Feb. I hope that is a good time of the year to apply. I have over 200 hundred reports and still counting.

Malevolent Gaian

Sifu Chyaku
I wish I could apply. I turn eighteen in Feb. I hope that is a good time of the year to apply. I have over 200 hundred reports and still counting.

You'll just have to be patient and wait until you turn eighteen. Until then, keep doing what you're doing, but do note that it's not so much the quantity of things that you report, but the quality and accuracy of the reports as well. Be mindful to keep your reports accurate and I'm sure you'll do great things.

Dangerous Businessman

I would like to moderator.I use to be one on the old site i was but i quit so.
XxYouDreamxX
I would like to moderator.I use to be one on the old site i was but i quit so.
♫ And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

If you want to be a mod and meet all the criteria outlined in the first couple posts in the sticky, go ahead and apply. ^^

Though it's worth noting that Gaia doesn't take prior moderating experience on other websites into account very heavily when reviewing applications.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am ♫

Revered Noob

coldheartedangel
I see you're a Site Moderator. What do you do as that? c:

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
It has been almost 2.1 years since I first applied to be a moderator.
I got a message that my first application had been glitched, and to reapply, and that my application would be reviewed since it had been submitted earlier but lost

I resubmitted it.
1.1 years later, I am still waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.
And waiting.
Definitive Destiny
It has been almost 2.1 years since I first applied to be a moderator.
I got a message that my first application had been glitched, and to reapply, and that my application would be reviewed since it had been submitted earlier but lost

I resubmitted it.
1.1 years later, I am still waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.
And waiting.

Wow, that makes my 8 months looks like no time at all. cat_sweatdrop
I hope we both hear something soon. At least you've shown you can be patient. c:

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Cindycate
coldheartedangel
I see you're a Site Moderator. What do you do as that? c:

I know I'm not cold but this is what site moderators do:

Quote:
Site Moderators
Responsible for specific forums on the site, as listed above, handle Terms of Service Violations and thread move requests. These moderators also cover Gaia games, chat rooms, towns, and other features of Gaia.

You can read more about what different types of staff do on the [View Forum Moderators] page at the top of every forum.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
I have a question. You know how you must have 300 posts to be a moderator but it does not count if you bump up your posts to get 300 posts. What if you you part of your 300 posts are helping other people with achievements, like putting "bump" or nonsense so that other people can get their achievements such as popular thread and hive mind ect. Do they not count as posts?

Sparkly Phantom

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
Those are still bump posts, and so by rights probably aren't counted. 300 posts of actual content is the impression given by the front page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff