Welcome to Gaia! ::

Genius

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
You said they can't be "paid in real life." Does that mean we do get Gaia gold and/or cash?
UknowUwannaPieceOthis
You said they can't be "paid in real life." Does that mean we do get Gaia gold and/or cash?
♫ And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

From what I recall, a moderator has said before that modding duties do reward gold, but it's a very insignificant amount - closer to the amount that you'd get for browsing from page to page, say, than posting in the forums.

I doubt moderators are paid in Cash, because Cash is equivalent to real money, and Gaia does not pay their mod volunteers in real money at all.

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am ♫

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Nocturnal Melodies__ix
UknowUwannaPieceOthis

From what I recall, a moderator has said before that modding duties do reward gold, but it's a very insignificant amount - closer to the amount that you'd get for browsing from page to page, say, than posting in the forums.

I doubt moderators are paid in Cash, because Cash is equivalent to real money, and Gaia does not pay their mod volunteers in real money at all.

Correct! You'll get little gold, but its not alot.
And you're right, they don't get cash either.

Also,if you're looking to earn gold then perhaps play booty grab etc. They will earn more gold than modding.

Profitable Entrepreneur

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
When you're down on your luck...

The reason might be due to you having a non-mainstream e-mail provider.

Revolt, and all shall become clear!

Shoujo Reveler

8,375 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Junior Trader 100
its a yahoo address?

Partying Prophet

The electronic music forum and the life issues forum aren't modded like AT ALL. There are racist threads, misplaced threads, and trolling that just go completely unanswered for.

You should hire new mods in those areas.
Taliesiin
The electronic music forum and the life issues forum aren't modded like AT ALL. There are racist threads, misplaced threads, and trolling that just go completely unanswered for.

If you feel like an area is under-moderated, feel free to apply to be a mod if you meet the outlined requirements on the first page, as well as encouraging anyone and everyone you know that meets the requirements to apply as well. Mods are all volunteers, and the system doesn't work if people don't volunteer for it.

In the meantime, continue to report the problem without adding to it (don't post in misplaced threads, don't feed the trolls, etc), so that it can be taken care of. If the violations aren't being reported, then Gaia won't be aware of them and able to handle them.

Partying Prophet

Nocturnal Melodies__ix
Taliesiin

If you feel like an area is under-moderated, feel free to apply to be a mod if you meet the outlined requirements on the first page, as well as encouraging anyone and everyone you know that meets the requirements to apply as well. Mods are all volunteers, and the system doesn't work if people don't volunteer for it.

In the meantime, continue to report the problem without adding to it (don't post in misplaced threads, don't feed the trolls, etc), so that it can be taken care of. If the violations aren't being reported, then Gaia won't be aware of them and able to handle them.

They aren't accepting mod application right now though. sad

[K!ng]'s Partner

Omnipresent Elder

We are always accepting Mod apps.
coldheartedangel
We are always accepting Mod apps.

Hello, I was wondering about the Mod apps. How long does it usually take for the apps to be reviewed and to notify us?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff