Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

Mashed Potato Jones
Veras Gunn
There's something I've been wondering recently. I used to be a moderator, went through the application, went through all of the necessary stages, and moderated for a few months then decided to quit a few years ago. Recently, because of the response time to reports in the gaming discussion forum, I've been considering coming a moderator again, however I am unclear if that would mean I would have to apply and go through the whole shindig all over again. Is there anyone who is apart of the staff here that can tell me what exactly I would need to do to get back in?

I would recommend that you PM one of the admin about this issue directly, as they will be the ones to talk to when it comes to becoming a moderator again, I believe. I think the best person to contact would be Zero Omega, but I'm sure any one of the admin would be able to direct you in the right direction.
I have sent a PM to a member of the staff that I recall being involved in overseeing new moderators, but I have not received a response from him despite it being received. I suppose trying someone else might not hurt, but I do not think indiscriminately messaging various members of the Gaia staff would be something they appreciate. That being said, I might try Zero Omega, and if I don't get a reply to the PM from him or the other I'll just hope someone from the staff can respond here.

Edit: I have received a response from the original member of the staff that I contacted, so I suppose I have the response I need. Disregard this.

Beloved Phantom

what are "non-Flash reports" and why do we need them in order to apply?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

BattyCupcake
what are "non-Flash reports" and why do we need them in order to apply?

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            They are reports filed on the site (not the virtual worlds like Virtual Hollywood and Towns).
            A few examples would be threads or posts that contain spam or are misplaced.
            Filing reports lets the admin know what violations you know how to report
            and gets you prepared for the duties of being a mod.

Malevolent Gaian

So I've answered quite a few questions here...but never before have I had one come up until now.

Since my application was not up for review for the current, ongoing training round, will my application roll over and still be eligible for review for the next training round? If so, what six month period of reports will be counted towards it? The six months prior to the date I submitted my application, or the six months prior to the application being reviewed?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Mashed Potato Jones

So I've answered quite a few questions here...but never before have I had one come up until now.

Since my application was not up for review for the current, ongoing training round, will my application roll over and still be eligible for review for the next training round, and if so, what six month period of reports will be counted towards it, the six months prior to the date I submitted my application, or the six months prior to the application being reviewed?

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            You shouldn't need to reapply unless an admin specifically asks you to.
            As long as you submitted your app and got a confirmation, you should be good.
            The best thing to do is just continue reporting, just to show you're still active in that area.
            I'd imagine that the 100 required reports are so that you can access the application.
            It took almost 7 months for them to fully review and send me a reply (I had reapplied back in March),
            so if you applied a little less than 7 months ago, you might've been a tad later than the reviewed applicants.

As Zero has briefly mentioned, they're doing training a bit differently this round,
            so maybe things will be more efficient and you could be reviewed sooner. sweatdrop

Malevolent Gaian

Crystal Sparda
Mashed Potato Jones

Since my application was not up for review for the current, ongoing training round, will my application roll over and still be eligible for review for the next training round, and if so, what six month period of reports will be counted towards it, the six months prior to the date I submitted my application, or the six months prior to the application being reviewed?

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            The best thing to do is just continue reporting, just to show you're still active in that area.
            I'd imagine that the 100 required reports are so that you can access the application.
            It took almost 7 months for them to fully review and send me a reply (I had reapplied back in March),
            so if you applied a little less than 7 months ago, you might've been a tad later than the reviewed applicants.

As Zero has briefly mentioned, they're doing training a bit differently this round,
            so maybe things will be more efficient and you could be reviewed sooner. sweatdrop

I'm not too sure about that to be honest, he also said this.

I was seeking clarification. I'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Mashed Potato Jones
Crystal Sparda
Mashed Potato Jones

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════

Its 6 months when the ap is reviewed.
So just keep up your reporting and you will be fine.

Malevolent Gaian

angelfromdown-under
Mashed Potato Jones
Crystal Sparda
Mashed Potato Jones

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════

Its 6 months when the ap is reviewed.
So just keep up your reporting and you will be fine.

Thank you angel. I'm still remaining hopeful.

Cheery Pyromaniac

29,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
How exactly would one go about applying to be a moderator? I've been doing my best to read up on the process and how it would work, but I'm still not entirely sure. I believe I fit all the requirements, apart the amount of reports I've made. I'm very interested in being a moderator, but I believe I require more information.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Cheer For Revenge
How exactly would one go about applying to be a moderator? I've been doing my best to read up on the process and how it would work, but I'm still not entirely sure. I believe I fit all the requirements, apart the amount of reports I've made. I'm very interested in being a moderator, but I believe I require more information.

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            All information that you need to know is listed in the second post of this thread. 3nodding
            The 100 reports are required, so for now, it is best to work on getting those in. wink
            Once you finish reading all of that second post, you'll know how to apply and what to do so you can apply. emotion_bigheart

Cheery Pyromaniac

29,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Crystal Sparda
Cheer For Revenge

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            All information that you need to know is listed in the second post of this thread. 3nodding
            The 100 reports are required, so for now, it is best to work on getting those in. wink
            Once you finish reading all of that second post, you'll know how to apply and what to do so you can apply. emotion_bigheart

Oh thanks <3 I'm working on those reports as best I can, I don't want to be reporting things that don't warrant a report. I don't know exactly how to figure out how many reports I have, is there a way of figuring that out?

Edit: Wow, I feel silly. The answer was quite literally right in front of me.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Cheer For Revenge
Oh thanks <3 I'm working on those reports as best I can, I don't want to be reporting things that don't warrant a report. I don't know exactly how to figure out how many reports I have, is there a way of figuring that out?

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            One of the easiest ways to tell if something is a violation is to read up on the Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines.
            If you're reporting threads and posts, always check the forum's Rules & Guidelines in the stickies, just to be sure. 3nodding
            To find out how many reports you've made, you can PM any moderator with a green name and ask them.
            Here is a link to the list of the Questions & Assistance forum moderators, if you'd like to ask one of them.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

Crystal Sparda

Crystal, I don't think they need to PM mods any more for their report count. The app won't let you apply if you don't have the minimum required reports - it'll say the following message:

Quote:
Sorry, you must have filed at least 100 total reports, 50 of which MUST be in non-Flash areas, in the last six months in order to apply. You currently have X non-Flash reports and X total reports.

Either way once they've got the required amount, it'll allow them to apply like normal. emotion_zombie heart

Cheery Pyromaniac

29,315 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Crystal Sparda
Cheer For Revenge

Ϲ ʀ ʏ s т Α ʟ ♥ ◕ ω ◕
          ╒═════════════════════
            One of the easiest ways to tell if something is a violation is to read up on the Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines.
            If you're reporting threads and posts, always check the forum's Rules & Guidelines in the stickies, just to be sure. 3nodding
            To find out how many reports you've made, you can PM any moderator with a green name and ask them.
            Here is a link to the list of the Questions & Assistance forum moderators, if you'd like to ask one of them.

Thank you! smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces