Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
Mashed Potato Jones
Blind Blindness
Hi, I just submitted my application and it gave me a message that my application was indeed submitted. However, because my computer's having issues, I'm just a wee bit paranoid. When I went back to the first page and clicked "apply," it did not say I had already submitted an application, but instead had the beginning part set up. I could contact a moderator, but I was wondering if anyone could give me a definitive answer as to whether the latter part is normal.

From what I recall, so long as you got the confirmation screen at the end, the one that had a copy of the non-disclosure agreement with your digital signature on it that instructed you to print it for your records, then you've submitted it. I know it's a bit of a bug in the system that it appears to allow you to submit another app even though you've already got a submission in. If you feel you need more clarification, then you can PM a moderator and ask them if your app has been submitted, and they'll be happy to tell you. You can find a list of moderators at the top of any forum, under the "View Forum Moderators" link. Be sure to PM only one moderator for this issue, no need to complicate it by getting multiples involved, as it won't get you an answer faster. If you want a faster answer, be sure to PM an online moderator.

Okay, thank you a lot. That makes me feel better. 3nodding

Profitable Informer

3,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Profitable 100
i see you need to be at least 18 and older well how come in real life im 18 but they wont let me sign up and become a volunteer do i hae to do a improvement or something

Intellectual Millionaire

10,550 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
so basically u have to be a highly active memeber on gaia to be able to obtain the 300 posts in 6 months and the certain number of reports withought spamming,use the power wisely and responsibly,and u dont get paid money just gaia gold.i'd say its a perfect job if ur bored and have nothing better to do irl and are dedicated to any social networks u find urself into.i think that job would be perfect for me,i'll have to look into this some more.i allready do report violaters so i guess thats a good start.all i have to do is wait a little.cut back on some of the spam repors and get on gaia more often becaus i am not an active player anymore

Malevolent Gaian

Master Kyuubi Kitsune
i see you need to be at least 18 and older well how come in real life im 18 but they wont let me sign up and become a volunteer do i hae to do a improvement or something

Be sure that you read the rest of the requirements in order to apply for becoming a moderator. Being eighteen years or older is just one of the requirements. There are also certain requirements your account has to meet before you'll be eligible to apply. You can find these out by reading the first two posts on the first page of this thread. That will tell you what you need to have in order to apply. Best of luck to you if you choose to apply.

Profitable Informer

3,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Profitable 100
alright i accept

Adored Regular

10,150 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Crystal Sparda

does a forum assistant still have to do the reporting requirement?

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100
Amai Kaze v2

There are no set requirements to become a forum assistant and there is no application form for that position. Having said that, reporting will show that you have a strong understanding of the ToS and show that you are keen to help the site so it's something that you should do whether it's a criteria or not if you hope to have a coloured username some day.

Adored Regular

10,150 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Sharkworld
Amai Kaze v2

There are no set requirements to become a forum assistant and there is no application form for that position. Having said that, reporting will show that you have a strong understanding of the ToS and show that you are keen to help the site so it's something that you should do whether it's a criteria or not if you hope to have a coloured username some day.

then how do you become a forum assistant

Loyal Fairy

Amai Kaze v2
Sharkworld
Amai Kaze v2

then how do you become a forum assistant

Read the front page.
Quote:
Q: I am not old enough to be a moderator on Gaia, but can I still be a helper/moderator assistant?

A: Moderator Assistants (MA) are now known as Forum Assistants (FA) and their sole responsibility is to move misplaced threads from their assigned forum. Unlike this application there is no public application process to become a Forum Assistant. Potential Forum Assistants may be approached by Gaia when needed/wanted. Please do not contact moderators asking to be made a FA.

Profitable Poster

4,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
If you speak more than one language, would that help at all? Thanks.

Weeaboo Informer

Multilingual moderators are definitely a plus. It's not required and doesn't increase one's chances of becoming a moderator, but it may prove useful in assisting with users if a someone becomes a moderator.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff