Welcome to Gaia! ::

i meant gaia

Tipsy Humorist

How can I become a Forum Assistant? Preferably for "The Garage" forum. And would a history of failed Mod applications prevent me from it?

Malevolent Gaian

KiTTY Reckless
How can I become a Forum Assistant? Preferably for "The Garage" forum. And would a history of failed Mod applications prevent me from it?

There is no set way to become a permanent Forum Assistant, as they are appointed as they are needed. I do not believe a history of failed moderator applications would prevent you from it, unless the reasons behind the rejections are ones that would not be favorable attributes in a Forum assistant.

Dapper Genius

I submitted my application several months ago but I never heard anything back. It's still letting me get to the application page, but I'm 100% sure I submitted it. Does anyone know what's going on here? n.n;

Friendly Gaian

Mogaar
I submitted my application several months ago but I never heard anything back. It's still letting me get to the application page, but I'm 100% sure I submitted it. Does anyone know what's going on here? n.n;

Kyle Riley and Triley...

As it covers in the FAQ, patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to the applications. Way back when they first introduced the applications, it took well over six months for them to get a response to me. So far this time, it's been since maybe April.

Anyway, what it comes down to is that they review the applications on a basis as they are needed, and I'm sure that there are so many applications that it takes them a while to review each one, and narrow it down to the pool of applicants that they would like to choose. A lot of work goes in to researching the applicant, including their post history, (possibly) profile comments, and I'm sure they look in to previous accounts/mules as well.

The short version? Lots of work goes in to reviewing the applications, and they only do so when they feel the need for more Moderators. They definitely will get around to you, though it may be a good bit of a wait!

Good luck!

...Together since August 29, 2006.

Dapper Genius

Triley
Mogaar

Kyle Riley and Triley...

As it covers in the FAQ, patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to the applications. Way back when they first introduced the applications, it took well over six months for them to get a response to me. So far this time, it's been since maybe April.

Anyway, what it comes down to is that they review the applications on a basis as they are needed, and I'm sure that there are so many applications that it takes them a while to review each one, and narrow it down to the pool of applicants that they would like to choose. A lot of work goes in to researching the applicant, including their post history, (possibly) profile comments, and I'm sure they look in to previous accounts/mules as well.

The short version? Lots of work goes in to reviewing the applications, and they only do so when they feel the need for more Moderators. They definitely will get around to you, though it may be a good bit of a wait!

Good luck!

...Together since August 29, 2006.

Thank you. I was just trying to make sure there wasn't some issue and it didn't send or something. But if they took people in back in around April then I probably mist it by just a little bit. Because I filled my app out in April.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff