Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noob

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Tycoon 200
Will accounts' bans count when applying?

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100
o Kiddo o
Will accounts' bans count when applying?

Of course, in fact if the ban occurred within the last year you may well find the system will not let you apply. Any and all ToS infractions will be taken into account when reviewing your application.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
I would prefer if a Mod answered my question...(or should I just PM one?)

Would the current warnings on my account disqualify me from being accepted even if I'm allowed to apply?

Malevolent Gaian

dreamsk

Would the current warnings on my account disqualify me from being accepted even if I'm allowed to apply?

It's best to PM one as to when you were warned and what for, as they will most likely be taken into account in your application. They don't always check in on this thread, so the best way to get their attention is to send one a PM.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Mashed Potato Jones
dreamsk

It's best to PM one as to when you were warned and what for, as they will most likely be taken into account in your application. They don't always check in on this thread, so the best way to get their attention is to send one a PM.
But would they know what is accepted/declined in the mod application? confused Would it be better to ask someone involved in the application process, though I'm no sure who?

Malevolent Gaian

dreamsk
Mashed Potato Jones
dreamsk

But would they know what is accepted/declined in the mod application? confused Would it be better to ask someone involved in the application process, though I'm no sure who?

They have a general idea, though there is nothing really concrete. It's best to PM a moderator and talk with them about your concerns. If you feel that they aren't your best resource, you can always shoot an email to usertalk@gaiaonline.com with your questions.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Mashed Potato Jones
dreamsk
Mashed Potato Jones
dreamsk

They have a general idea, though there is nothing really concrete. It's best to PM a moderator and talk with them about your concerns. If you feel that they aren't your best resource, you can always shoot an email to usertalk@gaiaonline.com with your questions.
I asked one Mod who was talking in another thread about the application and all I got was a "possibly" (one word reply) that I would be declined. sweatdrop I guess I'll try PM'ing and see what happens.

Malevolent Gaian

dreamsk
I asked one Mod who was talking in another thread about the application and all I got was a "possibly" (one word reply) that I would be declined. sweatdrop I guess I'll try PM'ing and see what happens.

It's a possibility, but this is something that you should really keep to yourself, as things of this nature said between a moderator and you should be kept private. It's really just for you and the moderator to know. The only other way to know if you'll be declined, is to try applying for yourself. You never know if you're going to get it, if you don't even try. If you don't make it in, don't fret. Just work on the areas they tell you to improve upon, and try again six months later when you can apply again.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Mashed Potato Jones
dreamsk

It's a possibility, but this is something that you should really keep to yourself, as things of this nature said between a moderator and you should be kept private. It's really just for you and the moderator to know. The only other way to know if you'll be declined, is to try applying for yourself. You never know if you're going to get it, if you don't even try. If you don't make it in, don't fret. Just work on the areas they tell you to improve upon, and try again six months later when you can apply again.
Just a yes or a no would have been vastly more informative than a maybe. Of course they're not going to list the warnings I have and say thats why I'm not going to be admitted in the forums, but I'd just want to know if I'd get a chance. But as well if it's the offenses that they're rejecting me for, they're permanent and there's no way I could improve in any way to get rid of them to be accepted the second time I apply. You're correct though that I should at least try.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

dreamsk
Just a yes or a no would have been vastly more informative than a maybe. Of course they're not going to list the warnings I have and say thats why I'm not going to be admitted in the forums, but I'd just want to know if I'd get a chance. But as well if it's the offenses that they're rejecting me for, they're permanent and there's no way I could improve in any way to get rid of them to be accepted the second time I apply. You're correct though that I should at least try.

I'm quite sure you can ask what you were specifically warned for.

Gaia acknowledges the fact that users have the capacity to change in attitude and behaviour over time.
Yes, warnings do stay on your record but there are users who do not have perfectly clean records who became mods.
(This has been said a few times earlier on by mods/past mods in this FAQ, so it's not just conjecture.)

In terms of improvement, no you can't get rid of the warnings you have but you can work your hardest to not demonstrate that kind of behaviour again.
You're essentially learning from your past mistakes and just aiming to be a helpful user.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
gum disease
dreamsk

I'm quite sure you can ask what you were specifically warned for.

Gaia acknowledges the fact that users have the capacity to change in attitude and behaviour over time.
Yes, warnings do stay on your record but there are users who do not have perfectly clean records who became mods.
(This has been said a few times earlier on by mods/past mods in this FAQ, so it's not just conjecture.)

In terms of improvement, no you can't get rid of the warnings you have but you can work your hardest to not demonstrate that kind of behaviour again.
You're essentially learning from your past mistakes and just aiming to be a helpful user.
I know what I was warned for, I just wanted to know if they would permanently disqualify me from being accepted. Thanks for that info though. wink

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I want to apply to become a moderator heart

Malevolent Gaian

Miu Kurosaki

That's very nice! If you're looking to have the opportunity to become a Site Moderator here for Gaia Online, then I do suggest that you read the first post of this thread. It will tell you everything that you need to know.

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Miu Kurosaki

User ImageUser Image

As long as you qualify, according to the qualifications listed on the first page,
                      you may continue on to the mod application link.
                      According to your profile's "About Me" though, you say you're 16 years old.
                      In order to apply, you must be at least 18 years of age to
                      sign the non-disclosure agreement and fill out an application.
                      Any false information you provide will automatically get your application rejected,
                      so there isn't a way to get around the age requirement.

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Crystal Sparda
Miu Kurosaki

User ImageUser Image

As long as you qualify, according to the qualifications listed on the first page,
                      you may continue on to the mod application link.
                      According to your profile's "About Me" though, you say you're 16 years old.
                      In order to apply, you must be at least 18 years of age to
                      sign the non-disclosure agreement and fill out an application.
                      Any false information you provide will automatically get your application rejected,
                      so there isn't a way to get around the age requirement.
The True is that I'm 20 now but i forgot to edit "about me" sry about it sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff