Welcome to Gaia! ::

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

ShabbyBurrito
I understand you MUST be 18, but say you just turned 18 and you turn in an application on your birthday, would it count or do you have to wait for some time?

If you're 18 when you're sending in the application, it's fine. So yes, you could send it on your (18th) birthday if you really wanted to. User Image

Invisible Gawker

6,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
gum disease
ShabbyBurrito
I understand you MUST be 18, but say you just turned 18 and you turn in an application on your birthday, would it count or do you have to wait for some time?

If you're 18 when you're sending in the application, it's fine. So yes, you could send it on your (18th) birthday if you really wanted to. User Image

thanks c:

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Would anyone know who I should contact to make sure that my application did, in fact, go through properly?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Definitive Destiny
Would anyone know who I should contact to make sure that my application did, in fact, go through properly?

Any moderator can tell you. Just click the [View Forum Moderators] link at the top of any forum page and locate an online moderator and click to message them.
So about the warnings? Does having one trolling warning affect your application?

Weeaboo Informer

A user's account history will play a part in the application review process.

Cute Pup

12,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
GunnStray
So about the warnings? Does having one trolling warning affect your application?

Depending what your warnings about. Obviously if its a recent warning, it will affect your application.

Hilarious Lunatic

7,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Medalist 100
Okay I've been waiting
So when is this going to be put into action or what ever?

"We may in the future create a separate method for you to get us your parent or legal guardian’s signature so you can apply, but until a system exists you cannot apply if you're under 18."

Until a system exists? I mean this would be nice but I don't understand how it could work. Would my mom just like scan a picture of her signature and I upload it to Gaia? I mean lol. I've been waiting on something being done on this for quite some time but I don't think anyone's made any attempt at making it happen.
And I would just love to be an Artist/Forum Assistant/Minor Moderator or whatever without having to wait a bunch of years. |:

Malevolent Gaian

wunks
Okay I've been waiting

"We may in the future create a separate method for you to get us your parent or legal guardian’s signature so you can apply, but until a system exists you cannot apply if you're under 18."

Until a system exists? I mean this would be nice but I don't understand how it could work. Would my mom just like scan a picture of her signature and I upload it to Gaia? I mean lol. I've been waiting on something being done on this for quite some time but I don't think anyone's made any attempt at making it happen.
And I would just love to be an Artist/Forum Assistant/Minor Moderator or whatever without having to wait a bunch of years. |:

If I had to guess...it probably would be a legally binding document that would be filled bout by the parent/guardian that would then be submitted digitally by a scan, or even by post...as to when it'll go into action...I think only the Admins would have any insight into that one.
Mashed Potato Jones
wunks
Okay I've been waiting

If I had to guess...it probably would be a legally binding document that would be filled bout by the parent/guardian that would then be submitted digitally by a scan, or even by post...as to when it'll go into action...I think only the Admins would have any insight into that one.

It's been "May" for four or five years now. I haven't heard anything about any plans for that one to happen yet.
Isabella Van Helsing 2
So, I know it says in the FAQ that mods don't get paid, but I heard somewhere that they get paid in gaia gold. Is there any truth to this at all?

^This?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

Homicidal Orange
Isabella Van Helsing 2
So, I know it says in the FAQ that mods don't get paid, but I heard somewhere that they get paid in gaia gold. Is there any truth to this at all?

^This?

User ImageUser Image

Morbid Gnome answered this pretty well on the previous page.

"We don't get paid real money, but we do receive Gaia gold in the form of mod pay.
                      Not enough to make us rich(you'd earn far more as a normal user playing BG or the like),
                      but it's a small 'thank you' for what we do."
                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- Morbid Gnome

Fairyptian's Subordinate

Hey, I'm really thinking about applying. In the past I've got my trading pass disabled, since I used to vend a lot and this is something that happens frequenly when refreshing a lot or if you get illegit items without knowing. Do you think this could be a problem? I mean, I never got a warning because of it, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Flameinexile's Waifu

Romantic Whisperer

Rosiels
Hey, I'm really thinking about applying. In the past I've got my trading pass disabled, since I used to vend a lot and this is something that happens frequenly when refreshing a lot or if you get illegit items without knowing. Do you think this could be a problem? I mean, I never got a warning because of it, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

I dont see that effecting your ap...only warnings etc will. Just make sure you meet all the criteria ^_^

Fairyptian's Subordinate

angelfromdown-under
Rosiels

I dont see that effecting your ap...only warnings etc will. Just make sure you meet all the criteria ^_^
Thanks. biggrin
I think I've only got one warning and it was a very long time ago.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff