Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,900 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Hello ,

So far I have two questions , but I'm pretty sure at least , the first one might be asked frequently .
1 . Do I need a specific account worth to become a moderator ? It seems to be a crazy answer , but from my look , most moderators I see have a high account worth . ( not very high sometimes ) . So I just wondered .
2 . I clicked the link the become a moderator , and I read the questions , just so that I know what I'm doing , and it told me that I'm not 18 at the moment , so I have to try at a later date . But , I can assure you that I am 18 . Is it because of the Month and the Day I was born on ?

Weeaboo Informer

1. Not at all! In fact, there was an old moderator who only dressed in peasant clothing. The account worth won't play any part of someone becoming a moderator and won't even be thought of when reviewed since it plays no part in a user being able to moderate or not.

2. If you check your Account Settings, is your birthday correct there? If not, and it doesn't reflect you being at least 18, that's the reason you can't continue.
Xelvin
I have a question. If you are a moderator and you do your best. Are you getting an higher rank or something? Something like. Your a Moderator Assistant, you will become an Omni Moderator or something?

from what i know its not the same thing hun but you'd think so lol idk how that works really to be honest but what i do know is gaia requires you to report a certain amout of reports in non flash areas like your profile or maybe here in forums too im not sure.

Malevolent Gaian

Xenerei
Xelvin
I have a question. If you are a moderator and you do your best. Are you getting an higher rank or something? Something like. Your a Moderator Assistant, you will become an Omni Moderator or something?

from what i know its not the same thing hun but you'd think so lol idk how that works really to be honest but what i do know is gaia requires you to report a certain amout of reports in non flash areas like your profile or maybe here in forums too im not sure.

In order to fill out the Moderator Application, one must fill out 100 reports accurately. Of these 100 reports, 50 of them should be in non-flash areas of Gaia, such as the forums.

From what I understand, there really is no rank among the moderators, the only difference is the duties that are assigned to each type. Omni Moderators handle hacking and scamming, as well as being responsible for training new moderators. Global Moderators handle abuse reports, and the Site Moderators are in charge of handling reports that come out of the forums and other areas of the site. They work together, and no one out ranks the other. The only group that sits above them is the Admin, who are responsible for the moderator teams.
When The time does come do You think I will Ever Get The chance to become a Mod , when You happen to be looking for volunteers ?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

3P1C FAILUR3
When The time does come do You think I will Ever Get The chance to become a Mod , when You happen to be looking for volunteers ?

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Users could give you their opinions on you becoming a mod,
but the ultimate decision is made by the admin and moderators themselves.
As long as you apply and meet the requirements, you could have a shot,
but there are some things that might change the admin/mod's mind
about accepting someone, such as behavior, attitude, and how motivated you are.
If you're strong willed, but easily get frustrated and blow up at users,
then your chances at getting accepted could go down.
Just report violations, make sure you qualify, apply, and don't get
in trouble and you could possibly become a moderator soon! 3nodding

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
Crystal Sparda
3P1C FAILUR3

╔════════════════════════════════════╗

Users could give you their opinions on you becoming a mod,
but the ultimate decision is made by the admin and moderators themselves.
As long as you apply and meet the requirements, you could have a shot,
but there are some things that might change the admin/mod's mind
about accepting someone, such as behavior, attitude, and how motivated you are.
If you're strong willed, but easily get frustrated and blow up at users,
then your chances at getting accepted could go down.
Just report violations, make sure you qualify, apply, and don't get
in trouble and you could possibly become a moderator soon! 3nodding

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

Not Getting in Trouble? No Problem Ahaa . I hope I REALLY Hope I cna Become one , c: . Not for anything but to Keep Gaia Safe .

Divine Nymph

7,150 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Divine Donator 100
what kind of training do you have to go through?
and what qualifications are a must have in order to be able to even begin
and do you have to attend anything?

Toothsome Hunter

19,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Megathread 100
Bringitz
what kind of training do you have to go through?
and what qualifications are a must have in order to be able to even begin
and do you have to attend anything?

The specifics of the training will be explained to those to are accepted. Naturally you need to be tought about how the moderator tools work and how to handle various different ToS violations. While you won't be expected to attend anything in person (moderators live all over the world) there will be times where you have to be available to be taught about your new duties. Again how this takes place will all be explained. Work commitments and timezones are of course factored into the equation here.
As for qualifications, you must meet all the ones specified within the first two posts of this thread. You will not be accepted unless you do. You'll also want to be patient, mature, fine with reading long walls of text & good at dealing with a variety of situations in a calm and professional manner. It's also good to have a strong understanding of the ToS for obvious reasons.

Lavish Consumer

11,000 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
How do I know how many things I've reported?

Toothsome Lover

14,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Love Machine 150
HarlequinPink
How do I know how many things I've reported?

You can PM any moderator to ask how many reports you have made. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces