Welcome to Gaia! ::

It seems that the bid function in the marketplace is NOT working. After the item has expired the seller must accept to complete the transaction. My question is: Is there any way to see through the vend ID who I won items from? I did not realize this was the case until well after I had won the bids, and now my gold is trapped in the bid with no way to contact the seller. Can anybody help?
Bump

Does anybody know how to find the seller?

Eloquent Lunatic

If I read you right, I think you can just go into your personal trade history. I'll check.

Shirtless Explorer

9,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Hi ^_^

First of all- bumping isn't needed in the Q & F and sometimes may get you flamed, eep!

If you win a bid on an item you should recieve a pm stating so, and i believe who you won it from (though I'm not positive i'll have to go check). Not sure if this helps, but maybe i didn't quite understand your problem sweatdrop
It doesn't go through the bank though, I went into the log and clicked on the ID, but it just took me to a log of the bids, and only shows the other bidders.
The only way I can see is to get the ID number from your log, and then check the history of all the expired items that are things you bid on until you find a match. sweatdrop
Quote:
Hi ^_^

First of all- bumping isn't needed in the Q & F and sometimes may get you flamed, eep!

If you win a bid on an item you should recieve a pm stating so. Not sure if this helps, but maybe i didn't quite understand your problem sweatdrop

If no one has responded in an hour and fifty minutes, it's okay to bump wink

And I didn't get a PM, because the expire never accepted. It's like my gold has been bid on this item, and it's expired, but it's not completing the transaction. I think I can go look it up though, thanks for making me think of that.

Shirtless Explorer

9,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I was incorrect the pm does not tell the seller and when you go to the id it only states the other bidders, sorry i wasn't very helpful, lol.

Eloquent Lunatic

Quote:
It doesn't go through the bank though, I went into the log and clicked on the ID, but it just took me to a log of the bids, and only shows the other bidders.

Did you go into your store and look at the transaction log? It should have your bid history.... and you'd only get a PM if you won the item because the seller selected you as a winner, no?

OR, failing that you could search to see who's selling those particular items and see if that joggs your memory or you find yourself as a bidder in their store? sweatdrop
Quote:
The only way I can see is to get the ID number from your log, and then check the history of all the expired items that are things you bid on until you find a match. sweatdrop

That's what I'm going to do. It's a good idea, I never even thought of that. Thanks smile
Quote:
Quote:

Did you go into your store and look at the transaction log? It should have your bid history.... and you'd only get a PM if you won the item because the seller selected you as a winner, no?

OR, failing that you could search to see who's selling those particular items and see if that joggs your memory or you find yourself as a bidder in their store? sweatdrop

Yes, I did. I just don't know why the expire accept isn't working, forcing the seller to manually accept the bid. I'm trying to see if I can find the item on the marketplace (as an expired item) and find the seller that way.
Well, the item cannot be found in the marketplace, and it's not in my inventory, so I guess I'll just have to cut my losses. Maybe the seller will see it still in their store some day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff