Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demigod

Are there any rules regarding false inflation within the Market Place?
I'm just incredibly frustrated over there being no ways to avoid false inflation on this website because I'm questing several items and I always trust users go by ABP - maybe this is because I'm an oldie because that's the RIGHT way to do it, but now it seems even the smaller items that interest me more are getting inflated up to 10x their average bought price and/or worth

Can said users be warned for doing this or is there nothing to be done?
If so, that is honestly the last straw.

Kindly Gaian

Simply put, no: there are no rules that dictate what price people can and cannot set for the items they wish to sell on the marketplace.
        It is only considered 'false inflation' if a user lists a store-bought item for more than its buy-price, and then actively goes around saying his sale is a good deal. In that case the user is misrepresenting the actual value of said item.

However, right now, it is difficult to say what the 'actual' value of most items is,
        considering the current inflation of pretty much everything, as well as the supply-and-demand of even the 'little items'. People can list their items for whatever they will, and it all comes down whether someone is willing to buy it for that price or not. If people don't buy it, then listing the items that high would be useless.
        But considering the limited number of listings for certain items, that price might actually be valid.

What you can do is simply not buy the item(s) for their current price and just wait to see what the price will be later. Or you could try and find a different way to get the item, for example, the Alchemy feature allows you to craft old Chance Items which could potentially grant you an older 'small' item that is currently not on the market and/or inflated.

Demigod

Scit

ah! thanks for the response smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out