Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
So i get on today and i go to change up my avatar a bit and i try to put on my favorite tail from my zotiacal 5th gen i had witch was the only one that i had then for some reason, the items are not the same. instead of there being the normal red items and fox tail there was now cream colored female clothing. i check the market place to see whats going on and i find out that the items i had are now in the 6th gen which i never had. what the heck is going on here? and can i get my item back to normal?
That's because it's still evolving. It does so once a month, gaining new poses and (temporarily) losing the old ones (should get all the poses when it's done I believe).

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
gens don't change, but the stage an evolving item is at will change periodically until it gets to the final stage when all the options become available.

gen stands for generation, which indicates a fixed position (generation 1 will always be generation 1, 2 will always be 2, and so on, regardless of what stage of life they're at). it's like trying to figure out your family with your grandma and grandpa as the first generation, then your parents as the second, you as the third, your kids as the fourth, and so on. you don't magically become some generation other than the third once you move from childhood to adulthood, do you? you just change which stage of life you're at.

Tipsy Lunatic

To sum up the above replays, your item is an Evolving Item, which is the 5th Generation. This means it's five stages behind the 1st gen. The 1st gen. gets a new pose once a month, the 2nd gen. gets the pose 1st had the month before, 3rd gen. gets what 2nd had, etc.
Zodiacl Equinox will take a year to finish evolving, so all poses will not be unlocked and wearable until then. Hope this clears the info. up for you.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
so what this means is that i wont be able to get my tail back until i buy the 6th gen or until it finishes even tho the tail i had was on the 5th gen before and is now on 6.
DJToasterWaffle
so what this means is that i wont be able to get my tail back until i buy the 6th gen or until it finishes even tho the tail i had was on the 5th gen before and is now on 6.

Pretty much. But keep in mind that if you get the 6th gen the same thing will happen next month where they'll move on a stage (five will get the items four currently has, six will get the ones five has, seven will potentially come out with the ones six has).
Also remember that like the rest of the stages, the completion where all items become unlocked will also be staggered (so if Gen 1 [the original] finishes in January, Gen 2 will be Feb, Gen 3 March and so on [note: I don't know when it started so I don't know when it ends, I just chose a month])

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
You can go buy the 6th gen if you want, but just keep in mind that eventually the 6th gen will also lose the tail pose you want and move to the poses you're stuck on now until it finishes evolving.
You're better off just waiting until the thing is done evolving or invest in buying the 1st gen version, otherwise you'll end up continuously buying later gens until you eventually get to the last gen and you'll still end up having to wait for it to finish evolving.

Fashionable Lunatic

11,925 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
well thanks for all the help people, i never actually had an evolution item so i didn't know what was going on. anyone want to help me get the 1st gen XD no not really ill try my best to get it myself, but if you do want to help i wont stop you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff