Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I refresh a fishing game before it is saved, thereby emptying my bucket (i.e. I don't get to keep anything, but it restarts my game) is that cheating? I prefer a mod/admin answer to be 100% sure.
I would think so, since it's one bait, one game, and restarting the game turns it into two. But that's my read on Kaia9's latest update.
If you don't keep the bucket...

Erm, not sure. I'll wait for someone else to make the call on this one.

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yes, it is. There is an announcement about this. Do not do it, as it is exploiting a bug, and is a bannable offense.

Wintry Dragon

I think the reseting bit has been tackled by Kaia in the announcements.
Doesn't seem like cheating to me, no one gets hurt. They should just simply add a "Throw fish back" option to the game, IMO.
i agree with the guy in the monical
Einrick
Yes, it is. There is an announcement about this. Do not do it, as it is exploiting a bug, and is a bannable offense.

The announcement is talking about restarting after your fish are saved. I'm talking about before they're saved. I do read the announcements. I want an answer about the specific situation I outlined.
*Sniff* I have a name, you know... crying
*Is hurt... inside...*
J/K.
They need more fishing spots. The shadows under the water should match the fish, too.
Confectionary Delight #15
*Sniff* I have a name, you know... crying
*Is hurt... inside...*
J/K.
They need more fishing spots. The shadows under the water should match the fish, too.

Ehh.. I think they did that on purpose and don't let you SEE what you are catching, so that you have to try and guess by other means. Ie: how hard the fish is pulling, how long it pulls from side to side, etc...
Well, I think I'd be able to see a tire under the water sweatdrop . If it was just the shadow, it'd still be pretty hard to tell the fish, but a sharp eye could release a boot in time.
Well, I think I'd be able to see a tire under the water sweatdrop . If it was just the shadow, it'd still be pretty hard to tell the fish, but a sharp eye could release a boot in time.

Well, this should really go in the fishing forum now.. but um.. I saw a tip somewhere that the fish pull consistently for the same amount of time from to side back and forth, whereas the junk is less consistent. I tried it out and found it to be true. wink
Well...think about it.

If you're not keeping the fish, then you're not exploiting the bug. You're technically not doing anything wrong in my opinion because you gain absolutely nothing from restarting the game and getting no fish.

That's just me though. sweatdrop
You obviously have never been fishing IRL. In many fishing spots the water is so murky that you can't even see your hand after you immerse it up to your wrist. It's not as easy as you might think to see the fish before you catch it.
I believe it IS cheating.

Think like this, when you do that, you're making sure that you allways catch the fish YOU WANT, not the fish you're suposed to catch, otherwise you'll just restart the game....

then again i can be wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces