Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Carnivore

24,265 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
So I play FFXIV and I want to try finding people who also play or were thinking about starting to play. They have a recruit a friend campaign going on where someone who already plays (me) can give a friend code to a new person so they start with some special gear and get 2 weeks of free play. What I'm wondering is if it is okay to post about their campaign and to give the code to new people who want to try it out? I wouldn't be charging anyone anything to do it or nothing like that, I just want people from gaia to come play with me on FFXIV too. I love both games and it would be awesome to have friends that play both. I just am unsure if promoting another game like that is against the terms of service for gaia. Any info would be appreciated! Thank you!

User ImageUser ImageHappy Holidays!User ImageUser Image
That's a bit of a gray area, where a lot of it may depend on how you present things*. What I would recommend is messaging a mod, probably one from the Gaming Discussion section.

*The way you've done so in here, it's really pushing on off-site advertising

Thieving Carnivore

24,265 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
~ Aki - Fairy ~
That's a bit of a gray area, where a lot of it may depend on how you present things*. What I would recommend is messaging a mod, probably one from the Gaming Discussion section.

*The way you've done so in here, it's really pushing on off-site advertising

Thank you for the direction. 3nodding

Clockwork Astronomer

You can casually mention that you play it in the Gaming Discussion forum I guess? And ask if people want to play with you?
I'm not sure. I wasn't aware that advertising was against the TOS as long as it was done in the proper forum. I talk about my recolor account all the time, I hope that's not against the TOS to talk about. burning_eyes

Thieving Carnivore

24,265 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
DemonicOverture
You can casually mention that you play it in the Gaming Discussion forum I guess? And ask if people want to play with you?
I'm not sure. I wasn't aware that advertising was against the TOS as long as it was done in the proper forum. I talk about my recolor account all the time, I hope that's not against the TOS to talk about. burning_eyes

I think you can talk about it but you just can't post links that offer free stuff or ads for other games? Like, me asking for ppl to come play cuz there is a special promotion right now could be considered against it i think because it could be considered advertising i think. I don't think I'm allowed to post the trial stuff cuz it is a free thing for a non gaia game. I just duno cuz there are final fantasy themed items so i duno if they do business together or something and would be okay with it. :-/
I just want more friends there and here crying
lol
Cuz I'm talking to some of the people i know on ffxiv and they are like, "wth is gaia?" I want them to come see my moogle avi and be in awe hahaha

Self-sustaining Simp

From your description, it sounds like offsite advertising with a referral link/code which is something Gaia doesn't allow. If you haven't already though, you should PM a mod and explain the situation so they can give you a clear and official answer.

If you don't know where to find a list of mods, there's one at the very top of every forum that you can view by clicking the "[View Forum Moderators]" link. This is the list of mods for the chatterbox, for example: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/moderators/23/chatterbox/
It's best to PM an online site moderator for the quickest response, but any mod can answer this for you. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff