Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Creature

I see a lot of signatures lately where people put their avi art like over a code box like this but I don't understand how you place art over it. I just think it's really cool and wanna try it in my own signature with some transparent background having art, so if someone could show me how to code that. Like maybe just use an example image to show me how it works, I can quote to see the coding if need be. But yeah just curious how people do that.

Skilled Genius

User Image
above line art by ducklicker

Questionable Creature

Knight Yoshi

So code boxes just automatically do it next to imgleft pics? I always left locate my images now when I've got avi art down there displayed down there to be able to to hit 500 height and keep text and a small banner on the right, just never tried it before with a code box.

Skilled Genius

Naya Merai
Knight Yoshi

So code boxes just automatically do it next to imgleft pics? I always left locate my images now when I've got avi art down there displayed down there to be able to to hit 500 height and keep text and a small banner on the right, just never tried it before with a code box.

Semi-technical explanation that nobody probably cares about lol

The code box doesn't do anything. It sits there as it normally would. The IMGLEFT tag just uses CSS to create a floating (left) image which will go all the way to the edge. Text will shift and wrap around a floating element (image in this case), but block elements (the code box) doesn't change. If you had a transparent image you'd see it would still span the width of the container. As seen below.

User Image
Hello World

The image has a transparent space to the left, other wise the black would be on the edge.

Questionable Creature

Knight Yoshi
Naya Merai
Knight Yoshi

The code box doesn't do anything. It sits there as it normally would. The IMGLEFT tag just uses CSS to create a floating (left) image which will go all the way to the edge. Text will shift and wrap around a floating element (image in this case), but block elements (the code box) doesn't change. If you had a transparent image you'd see it would still span the width of the container. As seen below.

User Image
Hello World

The image above has a transparent space to the left, other wise the black would be on the edge.

So you can't modify the code box's size at all, it just stays as is? And okay thanks for the help.

Skilled Genius

Naya Merai
Knight Yoshi
Naya Merai
Knight Yoshi

User Image
Hello World

The image above has a transparent space to the left, other wise the black would be on the edge.

So you can't modify the code box's size at all, it just stays as is? And okay thanks for the help.

Well I mean you can make it bigger with some line breaks and wrap some BBC around it, but that's about the extent of it.

User Image

Hello World

Questionable Creature

Knight Yoshi

Okay thanks again for the help <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items