Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have an image that I've been using in a post style, and a few days ago I uploaded a new version of it to my Photobucket account. I didn't change the filename, so as far as Gaia's concerned, it's the same file. How long will it take for the image that I see in my posts to match the version that I see on Photobucket? (Will Gaia recache it eventually?) It wasn't a particularly noticeable change, but it was important, so I'd like to not have the old version floating around for longer than it needs to.

Feral Elder

The cache is on your computer, not Gaia.
My browser's cache gets cleared every time I close it. What I mean is, when you right-click an image in a post and choose 'properties' or 'view image information,' the URL for the image begins with "http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/" rather than whatever domain the image was originally uploaded to. It seems like it's being cached somewhere on / by Gaia. Or am I just misreading this?

I do see the new version of the image when I view it on Photobucket. Putting the same URL into my posts shows the old version.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff