Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Phantom

11,600 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm having a problem with another gaia user, shes accused me of something I didn't do and she's been harassing me and my shop customers.
I have removed the supposedly "stolen" art and apologized for whatever I may have done. and simply asked her to remove her post from my shop so that I may just continue drawing without any further problems. She refused to remove her post blocked me from furthering messaging her and has been messaging my customers whom in which one has told me herself that this user messaged her.

I don't want any problems. I would just like to speak with a Mod or anyone with gaia site knowledge who could let me know what I could do to stop this?
I haven't done anything wrong. I removed the piece thinking she would stop and she has yet to stop.
I asked some of my friends if she could ban me for this, and a few have said she could depending on the Mod.

So please I've done all I feel I can. I removed the piece and apologized to her.
I've been a happy gaia user for going on 3 years now.
If someone could help me out and let me know what I can do to not be banned and just stop this problem, I'd be very happy.

Thank you for reading.

Helpful Gaian

Add the user to your ignore list, that will prevent them from posting in your thread. If they persist in trying to contact you, then you can report them for harassment.

Unfortunately, you can't stop them from messaging your other customers. But if they don't want to be messaged by the user, they can also add them to their ignore lists, but that's really up to them.

User Image

User Image

Devoted Phantom

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
HauntingEchoes
Add the user to your ignore list, that will prevent them from posting in your thread. If they persist in trying to contact you, then you can report them for harassment.

Unfortunately, you can't stop them from messaging your other customers. But if they don't want to be messaged by the user, they can also add them to their ignore lists, but that's really up to them.

User Image

User Image

I've ignored her, I'm not sure about if any of my customers have. I can't see her post anymore, and I guess that's from the result of her ignoring me.

Can she get me banned for this though?

Helpful Gaian

From what you've described, no.

And it wouldn't even depend on the mod. The art was in question, you removed it. You've done your bit.

It's hard to know based on the little information you gave though.

User Image

Devoted Phantom

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
HauntingEchoes

From what you've described, no.

And it wouldn't even depend on the mod. The art was in question, you removed it. You've done your bit.

It's hard to know based on the little information you gave though.

User Image

Well I don't want to give her name. But from what exploded in my face, was that apparently my art shop banner was stolen art, that I "traced" I was messaged by the artist on DA and a bunch of others demanding I take it down. I didn't want problems so I did.
Now in my art shop the buyer of the said stolen art posted "thanks for removing my art" I simply asked her if she could remove that post and continue with me in private messages. She messaged me saying she will not remove the post and that I stole her bought art without asking permission.
However I did not steal anything. I found the image on my sisters flash drive. I re drew the pose and add my own hair clothes and designs, everything was my own. I only re drew it on to paper based from what was I looking at on my computer. I explained this to her. and she refused to listen. and in result blocked me. So I figured things were over. I have not re-posted the drawing because I don't want any problems. But in truth I spent a lot of time on it and would like to use it with out and her friends hate mailing me and disliking my shop and messaging my customers not to buy art from me.

Helpful Gaian

User Image
The whole art theft thing strikes me as something you could PM a mod about, I would PM one from the art shops forum (to find one click the green "view forum moderators" link at the top of that particular forum - I only suggest one from there since they'd likely be more accustomed to dealing with that type of issue) and ask for their input on the matter, explain the issue, and show them your image and the one you based it off and get their input on the matter.

There's not a lot you can do to stop the person messaging others though, they're within their rights to message other users if they want to.
Unless you actually took her art and used it as-is in your banner, you did nothing wrong. No one artist owns a specific pose, otherwise it'd be impossible for anyone to draw without being a thief. They own the character in the picture and the art itself, but not the pose the character is in.

Devoted Phantom

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
~Rzx~282~
Unless you actually took her art and used it as-is in your banner, you did nothing wrong. No one artist owns a specific pose, otherwise it'd be impossible for anyone to draw without being a thief. They own the character in the picture and the art itself, but not the pose the character is in.

So I can't possibly be banned for it, but yet I'm still ruined because now no matter what I post no matter where I'm still being hated and messaged by anyone who likes her. And from what it seems shes pretty popular. What would you suggest about laying low without having to completely change accounts.

Stellar Succubus

Eyeballing can still be considered the same as tracing. If you look at someone else's pose and copy it from sight, that's eyeballing. It's not "theft" and it wasn't their art as such, but it's considered a bit... impolite.

Doesn't matter though. They contacted you with a request and you did as you were requested. It should have ended there. Anything they've done beyond that is harassment and you should report them for it.

If the post in your art shop has a no chatting policy, or you think the post they made is harassing to you (the one about removing stolen art) you can report their post for harassment. Even something as simple as stating that you removed their art can be construed as harassment because they had dealt with you privately until after you removed the art (I gather from what you are saying) so to post in your thread like that can only mean they intended to post something to upset you. They could have continued to deal with it privately.

(This is how I would view it, though. I'm not and have never been a moderator.)

Their posts are blocked to you because you've put them on ignore. When you ignore someone, they cannot see anything you do and you cannot see anything they do. To see that post you'll have to unblock them briefly to report it.

Devoted Phantom

11,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
VVhip

I understand what your saying about Eyeballing, however the art as a whole wasn't copied or anything so to speak. I only used the pose of the art. For example: I have a poster in room of Yuki from vampire knight. Now if I'm looking at the poster and I draw the pose she is in, but not draw the character herself. Add my own hair, clothes and face designs, is it considered eyeballing or stealing of any kind? I personally would not consider it to be.
And now anytime I post in forums I'm disliked and hated. Bad mouthed. When in truth I worked really hard on it. I didn't steal anyone's ideas. I re drew the pose. I changed it up even. Moved the position of the arms, changed the size of the large thighs and thinned them out, changed the thin caves and thickened them. I re portioned the entire body structure. One detail I did keep and re drew exactly was the way the tail was positioned.
The hair was my Gaia avatars hair, the corset is highwire belladonna, however instead of black and pink it's Purple and pink. and etc, but none the less I didn't steal the drawing or her character design.
I removed the piece, that I spent hours on. Did as she asked. But she has yet to stop all of the hate.
I contacted a Site Mod, and I'm waiting for a reply as of right now.

Stellar Succubus

xXxLady ButterflyxXx
VVhip

I understand what your saying about Eyeballing, however the art as a whole wasn't copied or anything so to speak. I only used the pose of the art. For example: I have a poster in room of Yuki from vampire knight. Now if I'm looking at the poster and I draw the pose she is in, but not draw the character herself. Add my own hair, clothes and face designs, is it considered eyeballing or stealing of any kind? I personally would not consider it to be.
And now anytime I post in forums I'm disliked and hated. Bad mouthed. When in truth I worked really hard on it. I didn't steal anyone's ideas. I re drew the pose. I changed it up even. Moved the position of the arms, changed the size of the large thighs and thinned them out, changed the thin caves and thickened them. I re portioned the entire body structure. One detail I did keep and re drew exactly was the way the tail was positioned.
The hair was my Gaia avatars hair, the corset is highwire belladonna, however instead of black and pink it's Purple and pink. and etc, but none the less I didn't steal the drawing or her character design.
I removed the piece, that I spent hours on. Did as she asked. But she has yet to stop all of the hate.
I contacted a Site Mod, and I'm waiting for a reply as of right now.

I haven't seen the art you're referring to, so I can only take your word for it, as would a moderator unless you show them. Eyeballing or not, they had no grounds to approach you in the way they've done after you removed the work.

They are within their rights to request you to remove the work. You don't have to obey, if, as you've said, the work was very different. They may report you anyway, as would be procedure if there was any art theft as per the rules and guidelines, and then it would be up to a moderator to decide.what to do with the case.

But it is in my opinion that anything public they did after they communicated with you privately and you took down the work that bothered them, was unnecessary and thus harassment. You're well within your rights to report them for it. If you want her comment deleted, report it and explain the situation in the comment box.

You can report anyone harassing you over this matter, if they directly attack you. If they make a comment about you in another thread, if you see anything like that, report it.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
SleeperCellEnigma
What you did is called "using a reference". A PERFECTLY acceptable device that even professional artists use. Trust me, my brother has his masters in art and I have a makeup artists license. We use other peoples drawings/photos as inspiration.
Stolen work is where you take an artists EXACT picture, and claim it's your own. Re-drawing the picture, even if it looks exactly the same, is still your artwork, you just can't sell that particular picture. Whoever is flaming you is entirely in the wrong and is probably jealous of your artistic skills. It sounds like they're trying to shut down peoples art shops to direct other gaians to their own.
In my opinion, you have every right to report this person.

I agree with this lady!

I have traced sketches too (But only because I wanted to practice a new coloring style).

However the person that is flaming you with unnecessary hatred is being irrational about it.

Just report her for harassment. Because from the looks of it, it sounds like she won't stop at all....:/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff