Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Entrepreneur

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
hey i sent a report that i got hacked from staff impersonation and i forgot some items that also got stolen? Do i send another hacker report or what?? I'm so confused...
This thread needs a link+banner to give to those asking about phishing PMs =3
User Assistant is a scam!!! Asks for your EMAIL PW and everything.
=X-Sparker + AquaKiller=
User Image

It's amazing that people actually still tries to impersonate staffs since the whole "colored admin usernames" system has been launched.
That system pretty much just defies all impersonation. =]

User Image

Problem is there are a lot of people who don't take the time to look at the color of the username, or know the color system at all, or they forget, that happens too.
LOL, I posted in my gaia journal about just this subject tonight. Some git running the site gala0nline.tk tried to phish me when I was in one of the games. I was rather insulted someone would try something so clumsy on me...

I'll be sure to add a link to this post to said journal posting.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
xoxBlueEyedGirl
hey i sent a report that i got hacked from staff impersonation and i forgot some items that also got stolen? Do i send another hacker report or what?? I'm so confused...

If you were hacked you need to send in a hack report form. Please do so asap! A pm report just lets us know that the person is sending out that sort of thing, they are not for reporting hacks and if you report one there it won't be properly handled.

ArwenRivendell: Anything that offers you free gold if you give your password is a scam. Gaia doesn't give out free gold. If for some miraculous reason it's not a scam, you can bet that it's illegal.

Seeker

Never wound ... what you can not kill!

i just got one of those , and im ashamed to say i actually gave them my password.
but i had another window open and changed it as soon as the sent massage confirmation message poped up so now its changed again , i change it about once a month

Because what does not kill you .. only makes you stronger !
I've never gotten one because my Private Messages are on Friends Only...Hmmm..-Takes it off friends only to see the fake reported message.-

Romantic Entrepreneur

8,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
terradi
xoxBlueEyedGirl

If you were hacked you need to send in a hack report form. Please do so asap! A pm report just lets us know that the person is sending out that sort of thing, they are not for reporting hacks and if you report one there it won't be properly handled.

ArwenRivendell: Anything that offers you free gold if you give your password is a scam. Gaia doesn't give out free gold. If for some miraculous reason it's not a scam, you can bet that it's illegal.

I did send a hack report.. But I forgot some items (pig plush, pixie wings) when I wrote down what was taken away. So do I send another report or just wait?
Ugh I wish I saw this earlier....

I just got hacked from most of my stuff like....15 minutes ago...luckily nothing of serious value was taken, and 5.5k gold.

Luckily I was able to change my password using my e-mail. I still have 500 gold left...I don't know why the guy just didn't take it all.

Report securityenforcer24 if you see him~ He's the one that sent me the e-mail.

Here's proof: Hacker
I fell for the Report one...where is this "Hacker Report Form" people speak of?

What happened and stuff:

Click Here[/ur]
I must be Extremly lucky not to come across these kinds of things.... well, i guess last nightwhen i saw a thread in this forum that said "FREE GOLD" by some guy... it said to go to Barton 05563 or something... well, like an idiot i went there to find nothing. nothing weird has happened in my account yet but even still... :l

Versatile Genius

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
It's not just PM's either. I can't tell you how many times in Rally I've gotten "challenges" that have either been blank or have been conversations between idiots who hacked the system so their chat shows up as challenges. (or the time the prize wheel got hacked).

I'm starting to think some of these scammers are attaching viruses, trojans, keyloggers, etc. onto their messages, and hope Gaia has some sort of check to make sure such messages don't make it to the recipient.

edit: I change my pw whenever I get one of those scam messages, just to be safe. (but I'm running out of combinations of letters and numbers for it...)
Hmm...I don't know whether the guy I reported got banned or not...

His profile isn't able to be viewed publicly, and he disabled PM's.

Maybe he's trying to shut himself off or something?

Versatile Genius

5,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Statustician 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
That makes no sense at all, he's asking for people's username and password yet leaving no way to give it to them? (The IQ of some of these scammers...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff