19,500 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Magical Girl 50
I just got this one a second ago.. ._.

To: Viaria-chan
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Subject: Warning

Hello, this is an auto message sent to you from the admin team [group 2] because your account has been reported for: attempted hacking, scamming, trolling, and life threatening

Our reports are never 100% accurate but we need to run a quick review of your account, checking the trade, and marketplace history, and all u have to do is fill this form out,

username:

password:

email address:

Usually admins never ask for your password but for serious cases like this we have no choice. If you fail to respond to this message 5 minutes after opening, your account can, and will be banned along with your IP address.

ATTENTION!
We are very careful and want to make sure you are safe; this is the reason this message pops up. BUT, your case is very rare, and in these cases we have no choice but for you to fill the form, it is very important you understand this.

Royal Werewolf

43,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
Viaria-chan
I just got this one a second ago.. ._.

To: Viaria-chan
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:23 pm
Subject: Warning

Hello, this is an auto message sent to you from the admin team [group 2] because your account has been reported for: attempted hacking, scamming, trolling, and life threatening

Our reports are never 100% accurate but we need to run a quick review of your account, checking the trade, and marketplace history, and all u have to do is fill this form out,

username:

password:

email address:

Usually admins never ask for your password but for serious cases like this we have no choice. If you fail to respond to this message 5 minutes after opening, your account can, and will be banned along with your IP address.

ATTENTION!
We are very careful and want to make sure you are safe; this is the reason this message pops up. BUT, your case is very rare, and in these cases we have no choice but for you to fill the form, it is very important you understand this.

Report them!!!! I got something like that before and I reported them and it was fun!!! I don't know why, but it was!
some people are just idiots to fall for such petty acts of the world. useless!!!

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not really. Some people just really don't know. You can help being ignorant of a rule, but not everyone joins this site just to read all of its rules, tips, and tricks. I've never been sent that type of message before, but if I had, then I would have really worried that an admin really was out to ban me because someone had false-reported me! I still wouldn't give my password out, but I admit that I'd be worried.

Be suspicious about any warning like that, whether from an admin or not, especially if it is a false accusation. I would email the main gaia site, or do something about it. I'm not one who likes to be scammed. mad
thanks for the tips smile

5,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
people barely pm me or comment on my profile anymore (i think my page scares people..... O_O) but a few mounthes back i got a few messiges with the person claiming to be admin asking for my password. and when i was like "take your games elsewhere, they wont work on me" they dident reply. thought ide bring it up.

JaxM15 rolled 5 100-sided dice: 32, 26, 65, 61, 43 Total: 227 (5-500)

Durem Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
mcm
Why is this thread open...?

ITS OPEN SO PEOPLE WONT GET HACKED! Someone stole my password once and stole most of my items and gold. I wasn't able to get on to Gaia for DAYS. When I finally got on, I went to Gaia Towns, that person would say something that I didn't type in. It was normally in blue italics.... it was kinda scary. I reported the person I thought was the hacker ('cause I knew that guy, he was a total creep at my school) and I couldn't recover any of my items/gold. It was like starting Gaia Online all over from the beggining. People should really pay attention to this stuff! I had to change my password to something so difficult no one would know it, sometimes I don't even know it!
I have been on gaia from almost the begining that this site was created . ( account number 5 ) . People are scammed because they are with a certain group and make generalizations. I never ever had a message in all the 5 years I have been here. So I hope I never will get one. People probably are afraid that I will report them.
luckily for me,i only got one. i was lucky my sister realized it was fake,as i got the pm a year or so ago

Lady Within's Husband

Mythical Shapeshifter

15,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I am just posting this here, asrecieved my very first scam attempt and I am afraid I might have messed up in reporting them. The screen froze so I hit refresh and my browser did a wonky dance or something. Anyways, I was posting in their profile, and of course they were deleting it immediatly afterwards until they just disabled it. Soooo...Here is the user so folks might have a better warning against them. Honestly...they could have at least attempted to use proper grammer....

Quote:
To: Yousei Akki
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 pm
Subject: You have been reported

Hello i help the Admins
i work with the people who ban and un-ban people
and we have had many reports on your avi. that you have been asking people for their passwords.
So if you do not want to loose your avitar and everything with it
please give us your Username and Password so we can check to
see if you really did anything.
it will only take about 5 min.

Thanks

what i can understand confused

3,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
O.o................It has been duly noted..>> and saved in the memory warehouse.....
so...what if some one didnt report imedietly and sho the hacker would try to banned them for reasons that were'nt true.....would that person get banned for something they didnt do? wait...im so confused with myself......nevermind...... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff