Welcome to Gaia! ::

I remember i got one once, and i talked to the person. I was mean to him at first then randomly i was like, "so anyways, how are you today?" and he was all like "THAT IS BEYOND THE SUBJECT!!!!! NOW.... ((blah blah blah))"

Then I tricked him saying:
Username: [insert name here]
Password: *************************************************

He was pissed.

lol.

But it looks like he put real thought in it!
Chrmd Gurl
I've gotten about 2 of these messages, one of them [knowing I just started Gaia] I almost fell for it. And then the second came along and I replied to them "Your not a moderator, I don't trust you. I'm not giving my password."

I didn't get a reply after that though. D:

It helped out alot :B

I made my reply a bit more offensive. sweatdrop
demonic254
hackers are idiots , my cousin once got his email hacked and he called me...in the middle of the night mind you and asked me whether he was online or not. when i said he was, he totally freaked out and start yelling [yes yelling] in the phone.
to make it more worst the hacker, asked for my username and password. which i didnt give but i changed the subject.
saying that i liked him [not, it was my cousin's avi for heaven's sake] and wanted to meet him in town. stupid thing was, he replied to my 'confession' saying that he was willingly to become my 'boyfriend' and my cousin and i was like "ROTFLMAO". after debating to meet up with me, which he refused , i said "i know your a hacker" and he was "what are you talking about, its me the one you know" .........stupid reply..........
after fighting using pms, he finally gave up when he said "oh dont be silly~ im your cousin" and i was "he would NEVER say that" which is true.and i wrote some words on the pm only my cousin and i could understand as asian. and he was pissed lol. then gave back the email...but the email only worked 1 month later.

eek wow, that's hilarious
I always make out my replys VERY, VERY offensive to them. I had one reply back without an admin picture mrgreen .
Once upon a time, when i was more naive, i was hacked.
I clicked on a link and it told me to put my password in.
My computer is a piece of crap sometimes, so i figured it did it.
(once in a while i get signed out of myspace or facebook without me doing it.
But this time, i was getting hacked).

I lost about 100k-150k.
Fortunately, i changed my email and sent the password back to my account,
and changed my password before he got all my items sold, and transferred the money to his account.
But since he sold all my items for so cheap, i lost a great deal.

Now that ive been on the boom with my items lately, i protect myself a lot more >_>

I have an uberlong password that no one will guess.
i dont click on external links from this site unless its from a friend i know outside of gaia.

But, because of all the hacking, gaia has started to become less fun.
I'm always worried abotu getting hacked and its making me sad.
Ive already had 3 friends leave the site because it wasnt worth getting hacked.

And i liked gaia when it was a lot smaller, and a tight-knit community.
Now, with over 12035729573295872597265 friggin members,
You cant get to know people cuz all they want is gold... =[[
I think the Admins should ban the IP address of all the scammers reported and tried guilty. That would discourage scammers quite a bit. Or do they already do this and I don't know about it?

In response to someone towards the beginning. I'm 13. Just because a Gaian is 13 doesn't mean they are complete wimps, just not wanting to get banned. The very thought is ridiculous. I mean, there will always be those that are blind to the fact that things don't make sense and do them anyway. If the allowed age was restricted to 15, wouldn't people start saying that 15-year-olds aren't mature enough to know what's a scammer and what isn't? Why do we think maturity has anything to do with this at all?
There's probably 16-year-olds who get hacked, 25-year-olds, 40-year-olds, etc-year-olds who are caught in the scams too. It's not right to categorize this to a single age group! (Or two, because that seems to be going over 14-year-olds as well.)
Mirenithil
...leads me to believe Gaia really needs to raise the minimum age allowed to register on the site - and ENFORCE IT. Absolutely nobody under age, say, 15...

Fuuchouin Kazuki
...13 year olds can be easily scared into giving their passwords away. To the more mature Gaians this all seems obvious, but to a 13 year old they just don't want to be banned.

Another thing. 13-year-olds know how to lie too. Not all of us are 100% innocent. There's no real way to 'ENFORCE IT' as said above.
oooh that happened to me before :O
as ditzy as i can be i did fall for that cuz i was scared of really losin my account.
i know thats stupid but i can be sometimes.. its not like im the only one who has ever fell for that. i lost my gold, most of my good items.. and they changed my password, luckly i did get out of it. i went to the forgot my password thing and they sent it to my email (which luckly wasnt changed) i got back on changed my password immediatley! phew that was soo close ^_^

just dont fall for it people.
EternalSoul_175
Chrmd Gurl
I've gotten about 2 of these messages, one of them [knowing I just started Gaia] I almost fell for it. And then the second came along and I replied to them "Your not a moderator, I don't trust you. I'm not giving my password."

I didn't get a reply after that though. D:

It helped out alot :B

I made my reply a bit more offensive. sweatdrop

You shouldn't do that since the more offensive you are, the more he'll get mad. And then he would have a goal to hack you and steal all of your stuff, pretending to be you and changing your password, if he's that offended.

I said it KINDLY. But I think it pissed her off.

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
yeah that helpess

6,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
I think I have a hacker problem! My hacker is very skilled because he or she is using the Rally forms to try and hack me! It says that I have won something and when I click on it the page leads me to the front Gaia log in screen. Nothing seem to be out of place, well except the fact that I "have" to log in again. However, I don't and I can still play around on the forms, I even have a form were others are claiming to have had the same thing happen to them, what should I do? I have already reported it but theres no name for it and it only comes when someone challenges you. The person who challenges you doesn't seem to be a bot, they are active Gaians that have collectibles, friends, they even complement your racing skills. Is this the ultimate hacker or something similar to the Enchanted Box, please help.

Special Galaxy

8,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
weeeelllllll...... I don`t really know....^w^
xXFiR3FLYXx
I think the Admins should ban the IP address of all the scammers reported and tried guilty. That would discourage scammers quite a bit. Or do they already do this and I don't know about it?

In response to someone towards the beginning. I'm 13. Just because a Gaian is 13 doesn't mean they are complete wimps, just not wanting to get banned. The very thought is ridiculous. I mean, there will always be those that are blind to the fact that things don't make sense and do them anyway. If the allowed age was restricted to 15, wouldn't people start saying that 15-year-olds aren't mature enough to know what's a scammer and what isn't? Why do we think maturity has anything to do with this at all?
There's probably 16-year-olds who get hacked, 25-year-olds, 40-year-olds, etc-year-olds who are caught in the scams too. It's not right to categorize this to a single age group! (Or two, because that seems to be going over 14-year-olds as well.)
Mirenithil
...leads me to believe Gaia really needs to raise the minimum age allowed to register on the site - and ENFORCE IT. Absolutely nobody under age, say, 15...

Fuuchouin Kazuki
...13 year olds can be easily scared into giving their passwords away. To the more mature Gaians this all seems obvious, but to a 13 year old they just don't want to be banned.

Another thing. 13-year-olds know how to lie too. Not all of us are 100% innocent. There's no real way to 'ENFORCE IT' as said above.

Excuse me? This is a huge insult. I'm 13 and I definetley realized it was a fake since the dudes avatar was a knock off [noob] and his spelling and grammar were way off. I have gotten 2 of these and it was obvious that they were planning on hacking me.
I agree that we need this pasted up as a little thing for new users so that they can keep safe too.
Kina Sohma
demonic254
hackers are idiots , my cousin once got his email hacked and he called me...in the middle of the night mind you and asked me whether he was online or not. when i said he was, he totally freaked out and start yelling [yes yelling] in the phone.
to make it more worst the hacker, asked for my username and password. which i didnt give but i changed the subject.
saying that i liked him [not, it was my cousin's avi for heaven's sake] and wanted to meet him in town. stupid thing was, he replied to my 'confession' saying that he was willingly to become my 'boyfriend' and my cousin and i was like "ROTFLMAO". after debating to meet up with me, which he refused , i said "i know your a hacker" and he was "what are you talking about, its me the one you know" .........stupid reply..........
after fighting using pms, he finally gave up when he said "oh dont be silly~ im your cousin" and i was "he would NEVER say that" which is true.and i wrote some words on the pm only my cousin and i could understand as asian. and he was pissed lol. then gave back the email...but the email only worked 1 month later.

eek wow, that's hilarious

good times~ good times~ and im still laughing on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff