Welcome to Gaia! ::

helpful indeed.. 4laugh

Perfect Mage

10,275 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
3nodding
I got one PM like this. I was very concerned, something seemed off. I wisely checked the rules, before replying. I reported the sender, then informed the sender of my choice of actions. I was almost caught by one of these PMs. And I regularly see the "Admins don't ask for password" thing. Thanks for this thread. Now, how many will continue to get caught in these? I hope 0.
wow..i recieved like 5 pm's like that and i always reported them since then they never tried again twisted
rolleyes rolleyes At las! I can truly say good job!!! Household has had 1 attempt and that was dealt with appropriate response. Thanx
it´s really helpful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ooooo i wish i knew that sooner.'Free Gold' it said.NOW I NO THAT IF THEYR GIVING U GOLD Y THE HECK WOULD THEY NEED UR PASSWORD!!!

Persistent Prophet

23,115 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Tycoon 200
uno190
ok herez the thing this is good and all but do they think ever if the people playing gaia were ever younger than 12 imean my sis playz and shez 7 so they should make a child frendly part of gaia and/or a child freindly verson of this post and thats all i got for now.

SCAMMERZ ARE ALL NOOBS AND SHOULD BE KILLED AND SENT INTO SPACE TO ROT FOR ALL ETERNITY BECAUZE IF THEY WENT 2 HELL THE PROBBOBLY LIKE IT AND SCAM SAITAN that makes saitan mad evil

plz donate katana it would make me soooo vary happy smile
User Image

how did your sister get on if she's seven? theres a thing on the join page that doest allow younger -than 13 year olds sign up, and 4 good reasons. there some stuff on here that isnt age apropriate for 16 year olds (thanks to trolls and the likes)
Art By Zetsubou Ninja

Damnit i'v been quoted
Wil draw for Goti/katana
Well we can all sit here and feel sorry for our selves or we can stand
up and announce something to the Admins. Saying that like everyone
should have one of them on there side or something J.I.C OR they
should make it to where Gaia cant be hacked anymore no matter what! lol
I got sent one of those fake messages before, I didn't fall for it though.
Sunlight223
is there a admin called avi_admen156, because i have been getting harassed by the same person who has multiple accounts and avi_admen156 i think is one of them that she uses and her name isn`t in orange.
haha that avi_admen156 didnt spell "admin" correctly hahahaha...
i dont think thats an admin....
Crest Fallen Sun
Lord Death Vincent
EvilFuzzyKitty
mad You are both really insensitive jerks. Some of these scams are really convincing and someone who is new to the site might not know better. And really, does anyone really deserve to be scammed?! Maybe it's you who deserves it for being so insensitive.

You're joking... right? I mean, literally. You think that half these people got scammed because of how CONVINCING that garbage is? These people got scammed because they were too lazy to simply spend a few minutes checking over information that should help them. And no one is saying that they deserve it; stop making us look like we're the bad guys. We just think that those people should have took to the time to read the rules; check out everything that tells them about scammers; and assure themselves safty. I mean; there are a BILLION things out there that shows who's an admin, mod, whatever, and who isn't. If the colored writing in their name isn't enough, or the quote under the name of what they do is also not enough, or any of the other information; then these are truly moronic people and should either spend their valuable, free time learning about Gaia's rules; or just not coming on if they don't want to be scammed; but don't want to read the rules. I don't know if they exactly deserve it under any personal feelings; but under viewing the situation of how idiotic they were I think they deserve it for not thinking clearly and not knowing things that they should already know.

I can understand that is isn't fair, nor in any way fun. I haven't got hacked yet, and have yet to actually fall victim of a good, repeat good, scam. But they should have at least known better. And I also feel that the scammers wouldn't just go for a new member. They attack those who have a lot of fancy, rather pleasant looking stuff on them. Why go after someone who has yet to afford expensive stuff; then people who actually can get this stuff.

Also; on another note. I understand that some of these items are not important in anyway. Yet, they are pixels. But some of these pixels was bought with real money; like some of my stuff. And that is what none of us want. To have our hard earned cash wasted because someone actually stole something that we bought with real money. stare

That is absolutely ridiculous that someone would call an administrator insensitive. Lord Death Vincent, your entire post is very well written out- and the points that you made in there are completely valid- including and especially that last paragraph.

Excuse me but I did NOT call an adminstrator insensitive. I was talking about two people that posted on here saying that anyone who falls for a scam deserves to have their stuff stolen. I did not by any means mention the admin who made this thread when I called these people insensitive. Why would I call an admin insensitive for making a thread warning people about scammers?
Sometimes I think it is down right silly how other people will try to get passwords and usernames.

Gaia does plainly have several messages that warn against this, not to mention that in general, official, mass websites like this never need to ask for a password anyways.

I have run my own site and am a moderator on another, and let me tell you, if a mod or admin is looking to block/ban you, they don't even need your password to do it. We have our ways.
its funny,
The possibility of a scamer looking at this and going DAMN IT!!
I've gotten those before I sent two paragraphs saying Your a noob, and cussing the b*****d out.
There all idiots.

Sorry to those who were stupid enough to fall for it
Lol I already know this. One time someone tried to hack me by using that "You've been reported and if you don't reply you'll get banned." It's almost exactly what the admin said. I hope this will help people who doesn't know about these type of scams.
Thank you so much for trying to help spot hackers. My niece got hacked in the olympics and they tried the same with me but I knew not to give out my info. So just thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff