Welcome to Gaia! ::

Are you also trying to get an inactive account back?

yes 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
no 0.5 50.0% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

On the 22nd of last month (3/22/14) I was feeling a little nostalgic and decided I wanted to come back to my old accounts (yes, plural; I was one of those users that made several avatars for cosplay and roleplay purposes) after an absence of over two years. Of course I would find that because I had been gone so long, all five of them had been frozen. So I immediately made tickets for all of them (two of which have dead emails but, aside from the one I used last, all of them are clearly connected from links within their profiles to each other).

This is not really a problem since, while it would be nice to get my old accounts back (which had all my items over a couple years that were worth a lot and two of the five accounts had, if I remember correctly, all collectible rings at the time and most if not all at level 10 in zOMG), I am very patient, and have finals to focus on anyway. But since it has been over a week (the amount of time it stated that it would take for my tickets to be addressed) I was just wondering if there was a more realistic estimate for me to look to? I realize that with this account freezing system that is probably very new there are sure to be many, many more people like me who are backing up the system, so I expect a month at least, but it would be nice if I had a more accurate estimate so that I don't have to check the email for this account every day (it's my secondary email; I didn't want to be spammed by gaia in the email I use for school and work purposes).

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Typical rule is to wait a month before contacting someone about it. Reactivations take a while though due to large number of them. Welcome back!
It has been a month... Who do I contact? I hesitate to send more tickets because I don't want to back up the system further

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
recoveringmyoldaccounts
It has been a month... Who do I contact? I hesitate to send more tickets because I don't want to back up the system further
if you want to contact anyone, only paid staff (admins, NOT mods) can check the ticket system. however, contacting them won't really speed things up any since there IS a huge backlog (made all the worse by a large number of people filing multiple tickets) and will likely only be told to be patient and that they'll get to your ticket when they get done with the tickets of those who filed before you.
Yeah, that makes sense... While it would be nice to know how many people are in front of me, I probably just won't say anything. Thank you!

Heart Mage

25,075 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
just wait... i had t owait around a month+ for my to be looked at and around a year + to get solved

Invisible Abomination

21,350 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Someone said it takes around 5 months for their ticket to be answered.
yes i am also trying to get an inactive acct reactivated and no one can seem to help and looking at the q and a forum its clear that alot of users are not one bit happy
i personally think this feature has outlived its usefulness
ll STAY FADED ll
yes i am also trying to get an inactive acct reactivated and no one can seem to help and looking at the q and a forum its clear that alot of users are not one bit happy

Well I mean, I understand the need for it. I'm sure it helps them clean their servers or something like that, I don't really know I'm just giving them the benefit of a doubt... I just want my items back, really! But I'm willing to wait. It sounds like it could be a while before my cases are even looked at

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
recoveringmyoldaccounts
ll STAY FADED ll

Well I mean, I understand the need for it. I'm sure it helps them clean their servers or something like that, I don't really know I'm just giving them the benefit of a doubt... I just want my items back, really! But I'm willing to wait. It sounds like it could be a while before my cases are even looked at
it's not about "cleaning their servers." the inactivity freeze was implemented because of hackers seriously starting to target inactive accounts, causing users to report their account as hacked when they finally got back to it only to find out that their account got hacked long enough ago they couldn't get any of their items or gold back. (the 30 day limit mentioned for reporting hackings is because after the first month it gets harder to track what happened to the gold/items after they've had a chance to exchange hands so many times.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff