Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
I can't for the life of me get a video to work in any of my posts and I know it's possible to embedded a video into a post because I've seen people do it. Yet now that I want to do it I can't seem to find anyone with a video in their post for me to quote so I can see how they do it.

I've tried putting a youtube video up by using the url oin the address bar and by using the url given in the share option. Both times I'll put Unable to identify Vimeo video URL. around them but still nothing. So what's the secret because it's apparently not the youtube button?

Weeaboo Informer

The Youtube button and manually using the tags you posted work fine for posting Youtube videos. Keep in mind the video won't show in the preview of the post, it'll only show once the post is submitted.

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
Darien S.
The Youtube button and manually using the tags you posted work fine for posting Youtube videos. Keep in mind the video won't show in the preview of the post, it'll only show once the post is submitted.

That's just it though, I posted it and all I saw was the text code...maybe the third time will be the charm.

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
I'm going to try posting it here and see if it works.

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
And then it works here...ok then so at least I'm doing it right.

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
It must be because I was trying to do it in a guild before. So I guess one can't post them in guilds.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kowai Wolf
It must be because I was trying to do it in a guild before. So I guess one can't post them in guilds.
guilds are different from forums because it's older and not updated. my auto-formatting for gaia also doesn't work in guilds.

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
Morbid Obesity
guilds are different from forums because it's older and not updated. my auto-formatting for gaia also doesn't work in guilds.

That makes sense. Though you think with all the updates they do constantly to Gaia they could work on updating guilds. Then again my knowledge of that kind of programming is very limited so maybe they can't.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kowai Wolf
Morbid Obesity

That makes sense. Though you think with all the updates they do constantly to Gaia they could work on updating guilds. Then again my knowledge of that kind of programming is very limited so maybe they can't.
i have no idea if they can, can't, or won't. maybe you could ask if they're planning on updating guilds at all during the next "ask-the-admin". to get the notice that ATA is starting, make sure you have your Dev Alerts ON.

Daisuke Wolf's Queen

Witty Shapeshifter

15,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Champion 300
Morbid Obesity

i have no idea if they can, can't, or won't. maybe you could ask if they're planning on updating guilds at all during the next "ask-the-admin". to get the notice that ATA is starting, make sure you have your Dev Alerts ON.

Right thanks. I also might make a suggestion the next Gaia panel I go to at a convention. They always seem to pass out these forms asking for you opinions on things on gaia and asking if you have any suggestions for the site. Not sure how well they pay attention to those forms but they must use them otherwise they wouldn't waste so much paper.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff