Welcome to Gaia! ::

Grabber

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I see lots of posts with Pictures on the side and on the top says " USERNAME SAYS:"

How do they do that? Do they post it on every time they post? Or can you make it on there everytime you post?

Malevolent Gaian

They are using the ImgLeft and ImgRight BBCode tags in order to snap an image to the left or right of their post to create the posting style. They can post it there everytime, but there are a lot of people who use a toolbar of sorts to automatically apply this post style to every post they create, I believe.

Invisible Nerd

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
Mashed Potato Jones
They are using the ImgLeft and ImgRight BBCode tags in order to snap an image to the left or right of their post to create the posting style. They can post it there everytime, but there are a lot of people who use a toolbar of sorts to automatically apply this post style to every post they create, I believe.

emotion_kirakira How do ya do that??

Cupcakechan's Husband

Tipsy Pirate

16,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

people are using BBcode to edit their post styles. The more fancy ones are probably preset using a Gaia toolbar. The most popular one would be the TekTek Toolbar. There are others that I cannot remember at the moment. But with this toolbar install it will allow you to add a preset post style for every post with just the click of a button. For example. My post style is:
[imgleft]http://tinyurl.com/7m9yhrp[/imgleft]

[align=center][b][size=11](POST TEXT HERE)[/size][/b][/align]
[imgright]http://tinyurl.com/7dnkcyw[/imgright]

instead of typing all that jazz every time I make a post, I use a post format that I can set using one of the Gaia toolbars. Tektek is the one I'm using.

Malevolent Gaian

Nymphamarina
Mashed Potato Jones

The ImgLeft and ImgRight BBCode tags actually have short cut buttons in the formatting tools for every post, so it's very easy to do. They work a lot like the regular IMG tag, but instead of displacing text to go below it, it allows text to go beside of it. Here are the examples of the tags.

ImgLeft
[imgleft]Image URL goes here[/imgleft]

ImgRight
[imgright]Image URL goes here[/imgright]

Toast Ninja above me has posted a great example of a posting style.

Invisible Nerd

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
Mashed Potato Jones
Nymphamarina
Mashed Potato Jones

The ImgLeft and ImgRight BBCode tags actually have short cut buttons in the formatting tools for every post, so it's very easy to do. They work a lot like the regular IMG tag, but instead of displacing text to go below it, it allows text to go beside of it. Here are the examples of the tags.

ImgLeft
[imgleft]Image URL goes here[/imgleft]

ImgRight
[imgright]Image URL goes here[/imgright]

Toast Ninja above me has posted a great example of a posting style.

Yeah, thats what i was asking about, I always copy and paste my post style codes >.> It gets annoying, i didnt know you could get something for that >.< Thanks!

Invisible Nerd

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
Toast Ninja

people are using BBcode to edit their post styles. The more fancy ones are probably preset using a Gaia toolbar. The most popular one would be the TekTek Toolbar. There are others that I cannot remember at the moment. But with this toolbar install it will allow you to add a preset post style for every post with just the click of a button. For example. My post style is:

instead of typing all that jazz every time I make a post, I use a post format that I can set using one of the Gaia toolbars. Tektek is the one I'm using.

Do you know any that work with IE?

Cupcakechan's Husband

Tipsy Pirate

16,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Married 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
Nymphamarina
Toast Ninja

I haven't used IE in years, but to my knowledge FF and Chrome are the big Addon supporters. And as far as I know the Tek Tek addon is only for FF. The others (which I can't remember the name of off the top of my head) I know are definitely compatible with FF but I'm unaware whether or not they support Chrome.

Invisible Nerd

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
Toast Ninja
Nymphamarina
Toast Ninja

I haven't used IE in years, but to my knowledge FF and Chrome are the big Addon supporters. And as far as I know the Tek Tek addon is only for FF. The others (which I can't remember the name of off the top of my head) I know are definitely compatible with FF but I'm unaware whether or not they support Chrome.

Rawr. Then I may just have to download FF >.< Thank you!

Invisible Nerd

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
Toast Ninja

One last thing, So sorry! D: How do you set the format with the tektek toolbar?

Salty Sweetheart

Nymphamarina
Toast Ninja

When you have the tektek toolbar up top, just click Options, then Setup Options, then place your format in the boxes and make sure it shows up where you want with the AutoFormat settings tab.

Invisible Nerd

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
rinlee
Nymphamarina
Toast Ninja

When you have the tektek toolbar up top, just click Options, then Setup Options, then place your format in the boxes and make sure it shows up where you want with the AutoFormat settings tab.

^-^ Thanks!!

Hallowed Fox

20,250 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Battle: KO 200
Nymphamarina
rinlee
Nymphamarina
Toast Ninja

^-^ Thanks!!

look up bettergaia just like that in forums

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas