Welcome to Gaia! ::

Has anyone else noticed that their computer has been runing slower since they joined gaia?
my friends and i have all gotten a virus from gaia and r computers have been running as slow as hell
You shouldn't be getting viruses from Gaia. Gaia is completely safe. sweatdrop
My computer runs fine until my brother goes on a different site, so Gaia can't be it.
I chalked it up to yahoo....I only use yahoo and gaia. I was told told gaia can't give viruses unless you go offsite, but some of the ads lead to sites that can bug your computer.
weird, i just go on gaia and i got it so, i don't know
i just assumed sweatdrop
you may have gotten viruses from other sites you all visit..but gaia is very safe thus far...I have a firewall and multiple spyware and virus dectors going all the time to make sure I atleast have a fighting chance of imprisoning viruses and gaia hasn't let me down yet
<center>0.o

Gaia has never effected any computer that I've used to go on it. It may be a program that yer using, or something.
</center>
Gaia is perfectly clean, and it can't give you viruses unless you download anything from it, and you don't have to download anything to run gaia...
nothing ish happening to my computer.
Other people are getting things like that too. After I go on gaia, I get popups. some of them match up with ads on the pages, others are random. I can't tell where they're coming from, but try clearing your cookies and things like that, maybe it's just things building up.

Fashionable Strawberry

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Olive Picklefeather
you may have gotten viruses from other sites you all visit..but gaia is very safe thus far...I have a firewall and multiple spyware and virus dectors going all the time to make sure I atleast have a fighting chance of imprisoning viruses and gaia hasn't let me down yet

Same here. I also have popup blockers on everything but sites I specify are okay, such as Gaia, and I've not gotten anything unusual. It's a good idea to clear your cache and stuff regularly and do virus scans regularly (Norton tends to do it at set times each week if you allow it to do so.) And just don't go "cruising" the internet, really. Just go to places you know or sites that have URLS that sound fairly normal. If you start going to weird sites, you're more likely tp pick up some spyware. At least that's how I am on the internet, and I've not had too many problems. *shrug*
Maybe your friend is looking at naughty things on the computer while surfing gaia! blaugh
i get horrible spyware here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces