Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stylish Fashionista

The fact that I have three types of adblocks is ridiculous and it looks like I need to install a fourth one. I have adblock, adblock plus and adblock pro. I restarted my computer after it decided to just close out of my browser and I come back to Gaia and have ads constantly popping up. It's ridiculous. What is going on? I'm sure it's just my computer or it could be Gaia. Anyone else have this problem?

Problem solved.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
What adds? could you screenshot them please? are you sure that isn't some malware pushing the ads?

Stylish Fashionista

One of the ads is IMVU which comes out of nowhere when I go from page to page on Gaia. And mostly when I am replying or making a topic this......what looks to be like some clothing site, it pops up at the very top of the page with a list horizontally about whatever. I'm running a scan on my computer right now. But this all started to happen after I got a new monitor last week for my computer. I'm thinking it could be Malware but it only happens on Gaia. No where else.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
Adblock plus catches all ads for me and since yours stopped working recently sounds to me that is more likely to be malware or maybe there is a conflict between ad blockers since you have more than one.

Do you know if somebody else reported that behavior with ads on gaia?

Stylish Fashionista

I think I just figured out what the problem was. I went to my extensions and saw some that were installed by a third party. It could have happened when I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. The first time I did it a lot of things that wasn't Google were installed. So that could have been it. I just removed them and I haven't seen anymore ads since.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
Avalon75
I think I just figured out what the problem was. I went to my extensions and saw some that were installed by a third party. It could have happened when I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Chrome. The first time I did it a lot of things that wasn't Google were installed. So that could have been it. I just removed them and I haven't seen anymore ads since.

Some of those extensions are a pain to remove, keep in mind that sometimes they leave malicious content even after being removed from the browser. Spy Bot and Malware bytes are two great free tools to remove most of them but a search of the specific extension can give you good removal guides to be sure everything is gone smile

Stylish Fashionista

Galphath
Avalon75

Some of those extensions are a pain to remove, keep in mind that sometimes they leave malicious content even after being removed from the browser. Spy Bot and Malware bytes are two great free tools to remove most of them but a search of the specific extension can give you good removal guides to be sure everything is gone smile

Thanks. i have spybot and was just running ad aware but then my dad came in and gave me his product to use called webroot and that worked great. My computer speed even picked up.

Supernatural Trickster

29,125 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Survivor 150
Avalon75
Galphath
Avalon75

Thanks. i have spybot and was just running ad aware but then my dad came in and gave me his product to use called webroot and that worked great. My computer speed even picked up.

Awesome biggrin i'm glad it worked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces