Eggs Collected :: 16O

User Image

I use my refresh button quite a lot on Gaia, and I was just given
a tip on hunting eggs that involves a ton of refreshing. It does work,
but I was wondering, can Gaia tell that I'm physically hitting the
refresh button? Or will a ton of refreshing make it look like I'm
botting?

As much as I would love to complete my egg hunt, I'd rather keep
my account if refreshing is going to affect it.

User Image

Click Here! Bump for 15OK! Last Post for 5OK!

Lord DoomRater's Darling

Light Dragoon

40,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dragon's Path 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
The anti-botting tools used I believe are a lot more intelligent than they used to be and I believe they generally look for refreshing at super-human rates (which usually indicates the use of a program/script/function rather than a person)... however, refreshing too quickly in a short amount of time by hand could start triggering the "Slowdown Hotshot" messages (if those are still around). If you receive one of the messages that state you are refreshing too quickly, that's when you need to slow down before triggering something you don't mean to. Getting one slowdown hotshot message shouldn't bring on a ban flag or anything as they happen sometimes innocently, but you should take it as your unofficial warning sign if you get there.

PS - Remember to not use any automated means of refreshing. If you aren't doing it by hand, you actually are botting.

Beloved Pirate

Also, refreshing to get multiple grants (even if it is just eggs) might be a bit no-no... I would ask a moderator if it is something you should actively be doing. It's one thing to accidentally do something, but to take advantage of a glitch like that is considered a ToS violation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff