Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was wondering...
[is this the right forum, but beside it]
Can i buy Gaia cash with some of the prepaid cards?
I've been using them for some other online games, so was wondering if it's supported for this one?

O.G. Gaian

Yes, I've used prepaid cards in the past. Just make sure that you go to the card's website and set your address and such so that it'll match up. ^_~
faolan
Yes, I've used prepaid cards in the past. Just make sure that you go to the card's website and set your address and such so that it'll match up. ^_~

Which cards did you use? I use paysafe so I'm wondering if it works...
I'm not sure I understood you completely.. your address and such so that it'll match up. ? What do you mean by that?

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
What the Gaian means is it should say Gaia Cash Card. It should look like this:

User Image

It comes in different designs but it always says Gaia. It also comes in $10 and $25 only.

O.G. Gaian

purplemind
faolan

Which cards did you use? I use paysafe so I'm wondering if it works...
I'm not sure I understood you completely.. your address and such so that it'll match up. ? What do you mean by that?

I had a Visa prepaid awhile back -- can't remember the company it was through, but it was a reloadable one, not a gift card.

When you first "buy" a prepaid card -- say, from a check casher's or other merchant -- then the card itself is registered to that merchant. You can load money on it and use it at point-of-sale purchases with no problem, but when you use credit cards on the internet you have to enter your billing address at checkout. This is what trips a lot of people up, because they don't know that the card's still technically registered to the merchant they got it from, so when they enter their billing address to make a purchase, it doesn't match the billing address that the credit card company has on record for that card, and the sale won't go through.

I'd imagine that if you ordered the card from the bank or whatever, though, it would already be set up as yours. ^_~

JRockerLife
What the Gaian means is it should say Gaia Cash Card.

... How the hell did you come up with that interpretation?
So you're saying that official Gaia Card is the only prepaid card solution? crying
Where can one get it?

Dam... I was hoping it'll be a bit more open to other payment options. stare
I don't have a credit card and don't really need it so badly... so I was hoping to just use this card I already have for online gaming and purchases.

Thank you for your replies guys... smile

Helpful Gaian

User Image

No, there's no such thing as a Gaia prepaid card. What JRocker is on about are cash cards that can be purchased in certain stores (mostly in the US) and can be redeemed for Gaia cash. They come in different denominations.

However, what faolan means is explained in her last post. If you get a pre-paid card from a bank they likely will set it up with your details, but if you get one from elsewhere the it'll be set up with the merchants address instead of yours, which won't work when you use it through paypal. Faolans post is very clear about what she means.

User Image

User Image
HauntingEchoes
              User Image

No, there's no such thing as a Gaia prepaid card. What JRocker is on about are cash cards that can be purchased in certain stores (mostly in the US) (...)

Danke very much HauntingEchoes. That answers one of my questions.

HauntingEchoes

(...) which won't work when you use it through paypal. Faolans post is very clear about what she means.

User Image
User Image

I'm sorry it took me a lot to understand. I don't have much experience with paying for online games... I used paysafecard for Mafia Wars on Facebook as I heard from a friend it's easy for use. I was just hoping it's possible to pay with it here as well... I'm sorry for taking your time.

Point is, I gotta have a paypal account for Gaia? redface Don't keel me if I'm wrong, pls! lol

Helpful Gaian

User Image

All card transactions have to go through paypal. There's no getting around that I'm afraid.

User Image

User Image
HauntingEchoes
All card transactions have to go through paypal. There's no getting around that I'm afraid.

Maybe for this game... I used Paysafecard for others without any problems, that's why I was wondering concerning this one.

Thank you guys
Pay some Dollars to Gaia maybe by Bank Transfer or by Paypal. But Paypal is better. It is as save as Bank Transfer and it is faster. There is no Bureaucracy between the Payer and the Recipient.
Y4MB4lY4J4MBoR
Pay some Dollars to Gaia maybe by Bank Transfer or by Paypal. But Paypal is better. It is as save as Bank Transfer and it is faster. There is no Bureaucracy between the Payer and the Recipient.

But I need a credit card for PayPal, or a bank account, no? burning_eyes
I was saying that I have prepaid card which i use for other games - like instant refill - and only was wondering if it's possible here as well... I see it's not, so i'll either have to get the bank account and really start playing, or just stick with coins confused
I have no PayPal account and I'm used to prepaid cards. Many online games support paysafe but I wish there were some more emo

purplemind generated a random number between 1 and 1987 ... 1466!

Lilla_Lee
I have no PayPal account and I'm used to prepaid cards. Many online games support paysafe but I wish there were some more emo

That's exactly what I was thinking about! I use prepaid cards with other games as well. Gaia should really consider partnering with them... I see more and more gamers switching to that kind of payment. cheese_whine

Supportive Regular

17,925 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Conventioneer 300
purplemind
Lilla_Lee

That's exactly what I was thinking about! I use prepaid cards with other games as well. Gaia should really consider partnering with them... I see more and more gamers switching to that kind of payment. cheese_whine

This isn't an online game, so anything that works for those sites won't necessarily work here. However, as explained before, you should be able to use the prepaid cards, as long as they're properly activated, via the credit/debit card payment method, so your question has been answered. Any suggestions should be made in Site Feedback.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff