Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Raider

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hey there!

Since the new announcement, I've been trying to log into my old account, Marron_Everard, however since I've forgotten the password and followed the appropriate instructions, it told me that "You are blocked from Gaia until you turn 13".

I can confirm I am well over 13 now and have been for the last 9 years. I can confirm the email address I use for the Marron_Everard account, but that's about it, since I have not accessed said account since 2009.

I attempted to recover this once before, however it required I submit information regarding the account itself (ie the birthday that I "listed", secret questions or answers or some other like?) and because during that time, it had still been a considerable amount of time since I even went on Gaia, I could not recall any of the required questions for verification, I believe I was denied.

What other steps can I take to verify my claim? Should I forward the screenshot for the email access (which is a personal email attached to other communities, such as LinkedIn, Twitter and so on), and the email itself to a Gaia technician? An ID to verify my age? Or should I just give up on trying to access this account?

If such is the case, is it possible to just delete the account entirely? It is just a drain on your servers and a useless blip of space being used up and probably won't be used ever if the case is that I cannot access it?

In hindsight I realise how very suspect my entire claim is : But I honestly cannot help that once upon a time I was 15 and wanted to fib about my age to seem more "mature".

If nothing can be done, either in re-enabling this account or deleting it entirely, then I thank you for your investigations and consideration anyway.

Dangerous Raider

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
if it says you're blocked until 13 then what you have to do is give proof you're over 12. something like a pic of you holding a photo ID (block out any sensitive info of course) and a sign with your username (and of course make sure your username and ID are readable) and include that in a ticket.

if you get banned for being under 13 they really don't want proof it's your account, they want proof you're at least 13.

Dangerous Raider

6,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mugetsu Ookamiza
if it says you're blocked until 13 then what you have to do is give proof you're over 12. something like a pic of you holding a photo ID (block out any sensitive info of course) and a sign with your username (and of course make sure your username and ID are readable) and include that in a ticket.

if you get banned for being under 13 they really don't want proof it's your account, they want proof you're at least 13.

Huh, never thought of it that way. Thanks for that. Is there something in the FAQ or an Official Post floating around somewhere that says they want ID though? I wanna hear it from the Gaia Techs directly before I start shooting off personal information.

Big Noob

Decertatio
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Huh, never thought of it that way. Thanks for that. Is there something in the FAQ or an Official Post floating around somewhere that says they want ID though? I wanna hear it from the Gaia Techs directly before I start shooting off personal information.

If you have other credentials to prove your age accurately and without question, they would ask for those.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff