Welcome to Gaia! ::

Paul Diggles

I thought you were banned...

I was, a long, long time ago, for like, a week, or something.
Inquisitor Czevak
Paul Diggles

I thought you were banned...

I was, a long, long time ago, for like, a week, or something.

Ah. Chairman Yang is banned, right?

Paul I
a-n-d-r-e-a

I agree. I think there is a time and place for banning, but admins are taking it too far. Personally, I think they should investigate a little more before they ban someone.

That would take a lot of time, and there's only a certain number of admins (and those are the ones who would have to do it, as they own Gaia, not the mods). If there were a way to determine a mule account from a main account, it would be easier to determine (in theory) who was just scamming.

But there really isn't any way around doing across-the-board bans, unfortunately.
LittleMoonSpirit
a-n-d-r-e-a

I agree. I think there is a time and place for banning, but admins are taking it too far. Personally, I think they should investigate a little more before they ban someone.

That would take a lot of time, and there's only a certain number of admins (and those are the ones who would have to do it, as they own Gaia, not the mods). If there were a way to determine a mule account from a main account, it would be easier to determine (in theory) who was just scamming.

But there really isn't any way around doing across-the-board bans, unfortunately.

Umm . . . That's called laziness, not a justification for unjust across-the-board banning. The way to fix the problem you just cited is install more admins, or mods who can ban. At least TRY to think for 5 seconds before you post something like this next time. If they're making rules, the enforcement of which causes unecessary greef for everyone else then they need to find a different way of enforcing the rule, or get rid of the rule altogether. In this case, they just need to get rid of the part where it hurts others.

Basically, given the size of Gaia, the most they can hope for is thorough review of wrongdoings sighted. If they see wrong-doing, they need to fully investigate it, and properly deal with it. No one on Gaia should have to fear banning for inadvertently purchasing hot-goods.

The irony here is that it's not like there are really goods to be hot here . . . its all just electronic impulses, which means that for example, if I inadvertently bought those envelopes from a credit-card theif, then there's no reason to take away what I bought. It's not like Gaia can return those letters to the person from whom the actual money was stolen, and I still payed MY legitament Gaian Gold for them. At most, they can refund my gold, but if I wanted the item, then that's just unfair to me.

Either way, that's a really ******** pathetic way for someone who stole a credit-card to use it . . . There's no real-life value to the thank-you letters. Spending $5000 to get 2000 Thankyou-letters is just insane.
Banning people who trade with people who take advantage of these things is unfair, but then again, how would the mods know that you aren't part of it.
yes i do think that they are taking it a bit to seriously but hey what you going to do if they dont't be cautious then ppl will start to take advantage of the system
I think some of the banning is a little out of hand. It's not fair of mods to ban people because of somebody elses crime. Like that whole fishing thing. if someone sends you gold, that you are UNAWARE they took unfairly, wouldn't you take it? you shouldn't be banned for someone elses mistake. that's really not fair.

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Cart Raider 100
G.Maria.S
I think some of the banning is a little out of hand. It's not fair of mods to ban people because of somebody elses crime. Like that whole fishing thing. if someone sends you gold, that you are UNAWARE they took unfairly, wouldn't you take it? you shouldn't be banned for someone elses mistake. that's really not fair.

Yeah, it's daft.
What about 'innocent until proven guilty'. If you didn't know and they can't prove you knew, you shouldn't be banned.
I think it's fair, the moderators and admins have no idea if you part of a scheme to use someone's account to hack the system. It's to be safe.

On the other hand, why does it matter if you hack for personal gain as long it doesn't affect others negatively?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff