Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hopefully one of you will be able to help me with this.

So far i havent gotten a msg back from anyone and its really making me upset. My name is Cassidy and I have an account which its username is l-Cassidy-l . I had that acct for over 2 yrs now, but recently a random person added me and has been friendly with me sense then, He told me about a friend of his who was quitting and what not and was giving away free gold. I knew it was a scam so I decided I would report him and his friend and hopefully catch them in the act. I made this acct and trasfered over my more valuable items and gave them my password. I signed back in and he told me I was going to get banned. Which i thought was funny because i was in the process of reporting him and his " Helper " . I logged back into my acct after and changed my password thinking I could regain control over my acct and transfer my stuff over and cancel this one. I can no longer log into my acct. Did i get banned or did they out smart me? I really would like to get my acct back and not have this stupid one :/ . Im trying to be patient but this is really driving me crazy, Im on this site every day and so its really upsetting when I cant talk to my friends :/ . Please reply soon! I would really like to get this issue fixed!

O.G. Gaian

Geeky Eskimo
Did i get banned or did they out smart me?

The latter. This part:

Quote:
I made this acct... and gave them my password.

Now you know better. You don't. Ever. Give. ANYONE. Your password. If the person was asking for your password, that was what you should have reported.

The link to the hacking report form is at the bottom of the main forums page. Make sure to answer each of the questions (if you leave any blank when you hit submit, the page only refreshes).
faolan
Geeky Eskimo

The latter. This part:

Quote:

Now you know better. You don't. Ever. Give. ANYONE. Your password. If the person was asking for your password, that was what you should have reported.

The link to the hacking report form is at the bottom of the main forums page. Make sure to answer each of the questions (if you leave any blank when you hit submit, the page only refreshes).

That is why i moved my items onto this acct. And i tryed messaging them but they still havent replyed. Ive been hacked before thats why i knew to move my items.

Smoker

DO NOT. GIVE ANYONE. YOUR PASSWORD. EVER.

Anyway, if it says something like " Oops, it looks like your account has been banned" (or something along those lines) then your account was banned. If it just says " Incorrect Username or Password" you got out smarted

Friendly Bunny

Geeky Eskimo
faolan
Geeky Eskimo

The latter. This part:

Quote:

That is why i moved my items onto this acct. And i tryed messaging them but they still havent replyed. Ive been hacked before thats why i knew to move my items.

I don't know why you would give them your password in the first place. All you had to do was report them for password phishing and move on.

Who hasn't replied?

Did you fill out the hacking link provided?
Kazie-chan
Geeky Eskimo
faolan
Geeky Eskimo

The latter. This part:

Quote:

I don't know why you would give them your password in the first place. All you had to do was report them for password phishing and move on.

Who hasn't replied?

I already filled one out. Legit the next person who says not to give away my password. >;l . No Fricken Duh. I didnt think they would actually do anything.

Friendly Bunny

Geeky Eskimo
Kazie-chan
Geeky Eskimo
faolan
Geeky Eskimo

The latter. This part:

Quote:

Who hasn't replied?

I already filled one out. Legit the next person who says not to give away my password. >;l . No Fricken Duh. I didnt think they would actually do anything.

They were password phishing and you thought if you gave them your password they'd just not do anything? That's like telling a shady looking person to hold your 100$ bill while you run in the store.
As long as you got a conformation number all you can do is wait. Make sure to only file one report and if you haven't heard back about it in a month you can PM a moderator.

Friendly Wench

You don't ever need to catch someone in the act. Gaia will ban people if they even ask for your password in most cases. And don't be rude to the people saying never give out your password, it's pretty much the golden rule on Gaia and is told to you many many times after joining.

Dangerous Businessman

8,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Hopefully, you get back your items from your other account and have that person ban his account.
S-n-i-i-p-e-r
Hopefully, you get back your items from your other account and have that person ban his account.

Thank You!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces