Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Bunny

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Novice Attacker 150
I don't mean to bug if this is already a thread... however I was looking for zOMG on the game screen and I cannot find it. can someone please tell me if it was removed or if it's just my computer not loading it. Thanks confused

Valiant Jackling

It was taken down for major maintenance several weeks ago. There's no set date for its return

Princess Kunzite's Princess

Spoiled Pandahime

Zaphirael
I don't mean to bug if this is already a thread... however I was looking for zOMG on the game screen and I cannot find it. can someone please tell me if it was removed or if it's just my computer not loading it. Thanks confused
Announcement about maintenance; http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/zomg-maintenance-begins-september-30/t.93989199/
Also do note this is a user run forum, no admins coming through here

Tipsy Lunatic

Down for maintenance. When it will be back, only admin knows. It's been almost a month already.

Invisible Genius

10,775 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
as with towns 2, zomg 2? its been down too long, either they have that under way and are testing it and maybe new scripts, or with the sale thats going on, they are in need of funds and are down devs and staff.

Angelic Hunter

11,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
I asked for a specific date or ammount of time for the maintenance and who was working on zomg in the last AtS and I was ignored.... So, I think their answer would be somewhere along the lines of: we're going to take as long as we want so stfu and wait.

Valiant Jackling

Haru_DeathReaper
I asked for a specific date or ammount of time for the maintenance and who was working on zomg in the last AtS and I was ignored.... So, I think their answer would be somewhere along the lines of: we're going to take as long as we want so stfu and wait.

There is no need to over-think things to the point of being so cynical. They're staff is slim and they are doing multiple projects at the same time. zOMG also went without a devoted maintenance team for YEARS, so the bugs have likely piled up. Fixing bugs and glitches often results in further issues needing to be addressed.

Be patient.

For all we know Gaia might have a one manned team working on it. Lanzer is working from home, for instance. He could be working on it himself, which, obviously would take longer than a several people working on it (not that it would matter if several people were working on it AND general every day maintenance and coding, too)

Angelic Hunter

11,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Erailea
Haru_DeathReaper

There is no need to over-think things to the point of being so cynical. They're staff is slim and they are doing multiple projects at the same time. zOMG also went without a devoted maintenance team for YEARS, so the bugs have likely piled up. Fixing bugs and glitches often results in further issues needing to be addressed.

Be patient.

For all we know Gaia might have a one manned team working on it. Lanzer is working from home, for instance. He could be working on it himself, which, obviously would take longer than a several people working on it (not that it would matter if several people were working on it AND general every day maintenance and coding, too)

one man working on a huge part of gaia. That's what I've guessed since they dont really want to put much effort into anything else other than cranking out lots of LQ items for the cash shop.

Valiant Jackling

Haru_DeathReaper
Erailea
Haru_DeathReaper

Be patient.

one man working on a huge part of gaia. That's what I've guessed since they dont really want to put much effort into anything else other than cranking out lots of LQ items for the cash shop.

Please stop posting in the Q&A if all you are interested in doing is spread hatred for the site and mythical wars.

Gaia is short staffed. They were were letting people go constantly for years. This is probably the first year where they've brought in substantial enough money to potentially hire, and keep, staff. If you've ever worked at a small studio, or know people who do, you'd know the amount of strain placed on artists and developers to get things out. The big difference here is Gaia doesn't have a deadline for their work. Other studios do, as they are taking in work from other parties and have to pay a fine when the deadline isn't met.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff