Welcome to Gaia! ::

I didn't know how to word it, but basically I've been rping with a friend over PM's and Gaia has this really stupid thing where that if you don't delete the messages from before the site will delete the end of your new message, squandering precious words and time and story and RUINING EVERYTHING and this literally happened to me and I lost tons of paragraphs and I'm totally crushed about it. You never know when it will do it, it just reaches a certain limit and BAM! apparently your whole message isn't entirely received by the other person, and you don't know about it until you check your 'Sent' or get a PM asking why your response is so short!!

I've tried everything by going back into history and pressing random buttons but I've cleared my history recently so I can't go back far enough.. I'm devastated. Is there a way to go back into the site and idk, retrieve the bit that had been lost by the exchange in messages?

If not, can someone please do something about this? It's really annoying and it isn't the first time it's happened. I remember Gaia used to delete the beginnings of the message if it got far too long instead of the end bit, why on earth did it change!?

I'm praying someone knows how to handle this.
Otherwise I'm gonna go crumble onto the floor into a pile of devastation since I can hardly remember what I even wrote to properly rewrite it again.

/dead
Unfortunatly there is no way to retrive deleted messages / unreceived messages. It is one of those, "lessons learned" before you've sent them or trash them.

You can check your "sent" or "outbox" for past sent or recent sent messages to go back and review what you last said and reforward a new message. Other than that you'd may have to continue where you had left off either on another page.

Shameless Man-Lover

There is nothing that anyone can do, really. Sorry. I know how terrible losing roleplaying text is. Part of the reason I stopped roleplaying in PM's a long time ago.

I would suggest making a private form for you and your friend, use email or try Skype messaging. All of these things will not delete your messages without your consent :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff