Welcome to Gaia! ::

Relentless Glitch

O.T.L.
A poll that less than a hundred people responded to really doesn't have a valid enough sample size to reach a definitive conclusion about how many people really couldn't play zOMG. A group that small, compared to what the userbase should be (even at the vastly reduced traffic Gaia is receiving nowadays, they're still claiming ~15,000 users online at a time; 100 users is a pittance next to that), isn't nearly enough information to draw a valid conclusion. (Just look at all the polls conducted by users regarding gold generators; they're all overwhelmingly negative - like, 90% or more against, and usually with more than 100 people responding - but Gaia dismisses the results as not being actual data because "some users like them".)

And Gaia isn't being entirely truthful on this matter. If your claim that you know people who used zOMG to hack other users is accurate, it runs completely counter to Gaia's claims that the exploit in zOMG was found before anyone ever used it. Which also means that they left the system running with such a major security hole for months before taking it down (running counter to their claims that they couldn't bring zOMG back because protecting the users was just so goshdarn important to them). (That they continued to sell powerups for Cash during those months... well, let's just say one can see what was really important to them...) (Not that their story makes much sense even without any accounts being hacked via the exploit, but I covered that in the linked thread.)

Either way, Gaia is not being truthful in this matter, when there's really no reason for them to have not come clean about the situation.

I second your skepticism regarding that poll. I saw that poll a long time ago when he made it. It was only placed in z!F and not all the players of zOMG even go there and those who did may not even have bothered answering. I doubt it gives a proper accounting of the opinion of the users interested in zOMG. I have a feeling the results are also quite padded to reach the conclusion he wanted. The poll is pretty much invalid due to many factors.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
It sucks, but it's gone.

They took it down so they could get to it, to reach through to it, but they found a huge glitch: this glitch---thankfully unexploited---was something that could allow users to hack not only into their gaia accounts, but other personal information. It had to go.

Also your requests at having zOMG! come back are bad. Orbs and rings more common than gold are basically efforts that make the game---if it made a comeback---useless.

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Everyone likes for ZOMG to come back.

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
Dalia Royce
O.T.L.
A poll that less than a hundred people responded to really doesn't have a valid enough sample size to reach a definitive conclusion about how many people really couldn't play zOMG. A group that small, compared to what the userbase should be (even at the vastly reduced traffic Gaia is receiving nowadays, they're still claiming ~15,000 users online at a time; 100 users is a pittance next to that), isn't nearly enough information to draw a valid conclusion. (Just look at all the polls conducted by users regarding gold generators; they're all overwhelmingly negative - like, 90% or more against, and usually with more than 100 people responding - but Gaia dismisses the results as not being actual data because "some users like them".)

And Gaia isn't being entirely truthful on this matter. If your claim that you know people who used zOMG to hack other users is accurate, it runs completely counter to Gaia's claims that the exploit in zOMG was found before anyone ever used it. Which also means that they left the system running with such a major security hole for months before taking it down (running counter to their claims that they couldn't bring zOMG back because protecting the users was just so goshdarn important to them). (That they continued to sell powerups for Cash during those months... well, let's just say one can see what was really important to them...) (Not that their story makes much sense even without any accounts being hacked via the exploit, but I covered that in the linked thread.)

Either way, Gaia is not being truthful in this matter, when there's really no reason for them to have not come clean about the situation.

I second your skepticism regarding that poll. I saw that poll a long time ago when he made it. It was only placed in z!F and not all the players of zOMG even go there and those who did may not even have bothered answering. I doubt it gives a proper accounting of the opinion of the users interested in zOMG. I have a feeling the results are also quite padded to reach the conclusion he wanted. The poll is pretty much invalid due to many factors.

I'm in agreement with the pair of you. That poll really isn't worth taking seriously.

to the OP: zOMG is gone. It sucks, we all know it sucks, and honestly the way it was handled was very bad, I feel like Gaia definitely should have done things differently.
However we just need to deal with it. Lets face it, with the recent developments of GaiaOnline the past few years, zOMG was hanging by a thread, and they finally found a convenient reason to ditch it. It's not coming back, we could make a petition and have every person sign it, and they still wouldn't bring it back. There are many reasons for this, but the bottom line is, it's gone.
one of the few reasons I stayed on gaia was cause of zomg. It was a fun mini game that allow me to make items. or get them in a daily spin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff