I don't play at all 0.065468549422336 6.5% [ 51 ]
What's zOMG? 0.0051347881899872 0.5% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 779 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

7,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Member 100
Well gaia as much as it surprises me seems to have an fear of making money off of something fun.

That said alot of my friends (myself included) only really come on gaia for zOMG

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'll admit, I don't play zOMG myself, but I can see the potentional in it. A few more CS releases for it could really help gaias cash intake.

Nyadriel's King

Apocalyptic Shapeshifter

49,200 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Brick Breaker 50
  • Waffles! 25
Last I heard, they dont keep up with the servers on the weekends. Having only one or two working when most people are home who do - or would play...

Plus there is that issue that many people are waiting for that second chapter, which would bring back interest.

They are also not taking into account that the players dip in attendance when they are on vacation.

Dapper Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
I personally love Zomg, I really cannot understand why they don't see the fact people like it will play it specially if they increase content.

Though to me they have stuck everything in to being cash shop whores. I have bought Gcash before don't get me wrong I perfectly understand making money and such but I am at the point that they do way to much updating to that then gaia at all. I like the items and was even thinking about buying that auto cash but I am going to stand on principal stop donating right now with couple other friends. Just feel they fell into a path of oh look money...

I think zomg needs couple more people to help fill it in, the game itself is really good idea it has a level system I haven't seen any were, there is usually always people ready to do instances. Just throw in some more devs have them make stuff and there you go an easy buildup of players. Might take awhile I understand the development and testing is never easy but should never be given up on. I like the game to much would completely play more if I had some more to do, I still do instances with friend who need the help but there is only so many times you wanna do papa saw before wanting to stabby stab someone.

Quotable Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
Like I said in another thread I started, the REAL value of zOMG is that it broadens Gaia's userbase. Gaia shouldn't be marketing it to Gaia regulars - it should be using it to bring people who wouldn't otherwise be interested in the site, to the site.

9,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I don't even like zOMG and this view pisses me off. It just doesn't make sense. They're doing this with the rest Gaia's Games and just about every other feature that isn't updated regularly too.

It's like how the Public Transportation in my area is getting budget cuts 'cause people aren't using public transportation as much but people aren't using public transportation as much because the cuts are starting to make it inconvenient to use.

Can someone tell me how this view makes one iota of sense? *throws hands up in frustration* Are they really that afraid to put money aside, like you would if you were planning on opening a business, or heck, even buying a house and make the investment? The worst thing that happens is that it doesn't work and you lose that portion of money you set aside, but they seriously can't tell me that one of the most popular games on this site isn't zOMG. If you're not hearing someone talk about zOMG, they're talking about Booty Grab. Seriously. *headdesk*

Assimilated Wolf

Completely agrees. Can't really say much else. If Gaia wants people to stay interested they need make an effort to make it/keep it interesting. Maybe having a solo-er mode.

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
I do wonder how hard it is to train someone to understand the coding of games like zOMG. Surely they could train a few extra people to help set up some new scripts.

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
I think if zOMG dies, I might not come back. It's where I relax now.
I think they just gave up on it. I don't know why, be it the 'lack' of profit or what, but if they'd work on it I'm sure more people will play. Then if they make it epic, more people would join the site to play. More players=more money. But you can't get something out of nothing- they need to add some new content.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
They dangle CS updates and bundles at us all the time to get us to buy them.

Why don't they do that with updates to a pretty good game? Fix the current glitches, give more content and more purpose to the game. Then, more people would play it.

More content + more people playing and asking friends to join = MORE money since more people are seeing the CS announcements. Seems that Gaia has a potential CS mine that they are completely ignoring by not investing the time and effort on their side of the fence.

To make money, you have to invest it and time into the product, Gaia ... that's Business 101.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Owlie

Ring recolors for $2.50? Someone out there wants a pink divinity and will pay for it.

DO WANT.

But purple.

This is a seriously awesome idea.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250

I wouldn't mind more zOMG related items being related. How about a purple crystal behind us? I'd love to have some rings for our avatars, and maybe have a frozen attack pose. The recolored rings sound awesome though whee

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
MoonRosePetal

I don't mind them releasing rings in the cash shop but they should not expire. That completely ruined buying that last heart ring because why would I want to spend $2.50 on a ring that expires? The recolored rings sound awesome though whee

What do you mean on expiring rings?

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
Lady Kayura
MoonRosePetal

I don't mind them releasing rings in the cash shop but they should not expire. That completely ruined buying that last heart ring because why would I want to spend $2.50 on a ring that expires? The recolored rings sound awesome though whee

What do you mean on expiring rings?

Never mind. For some reason, I thought the Sweetheart ring expired after x amount of uses. sweatdrop

Okay, fine.

I'll do something about it. >o

/disappears into cat cave

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out