Total Votes:[ 779 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Lanzer's Journal Oct-15
zOMG - As the team is wrapped up on the Halloween update, word is that they're finishing up on the Coliseum update. Still looking at a few more weeks of development until the new update's ready.

Lanzer's journal

I still wish we knew that at least ONE developer was working full time.

Lanzer AtA
zOMG is understaffed unfortunately, it's going to be this way unless the interest for the feature increases.

Interest in the feature is declining because zOMG is not being updated.

zOMG is not being updated because interest in the feature is declining.

Do you guys not see the problem here? Gaians aren't going to start suddenly be more interested in a feature that hasn't gotten new content in such a very long time.

So essentially you're sending zOMG to it's doom- you won't assign devs to it because it doesn't have enough interest, and because you're not assigning devs to it, it's practically guaranteed that it will die. [HEY MISTER CEO, HIRE MORE DEVELOPERS]

zOMG had a great future, and i really think Gaia could have made a LOT of money off of it.

Ring recolors for $2.50? Someone out there wants a pink divinity and will pay for it.

Selling revives and orb multipliers and such- aren't you making money from that already?

I'm so disappointed that zOMG is being sentenced to death- after waiting (for me) FOUR YEARS for it to come out.

There are 1300+ signatures on the Enlarge the zOMG Dev Team Petition.

A thread for ad clicking: zOMGains for Gaia

There is even a guild for saving zOMG.

z!Spot, a guild for getting more people to play.

The SS Speed Run thread that is posted in a LOT.

Opinion polling the GCD about zOMG:

ZOMG...
Needs more attention/content not less 83.9% [ 308 ]
Needs to just die already 6.0% [ 22 ]
Undecided as I don't play at all 10.1% [ 37 ]
Total Votes: 367

HOW MUCH MORE INTERESTED COULD WE BE?

---------------------------------

Lady Kayura
Owlie
Ring recolors for $2.50? Someone out there wants a pink divinity and will pay for it.

DO WANT.

But purple.

This is a seriously awesome idea.

Soprano Mochi Kitty
Check out these threads on what the devs want to add to zOMG!, but can't until bronstahd's return:

Buccaneer Boardwalk Release. Thread created June 21.
Introducing Gambino Island - Image Heavy. Thread created July 9.
Headstart ticket to Buccaneer Boardwalk with poll. Thread created July 19.
New Instanced Area - Durem Mines. Thread created August 17.
zOMG! is BADLY in need of scriptors. The artists can show us the newly planned areas, but they'll never get implemented without scriptors, and poor bronstahd is overwhelmed.

Rya Dracosin
Wouldn't take much more out of their time aside from adding in a few more loot items in each area (to bring attention back to each area) and coding them in. Would take as much time possibly as their regular bundles do, and they'd be earning money from it. As long as they revisited the recipes every so often, or even had a zomg rig (now wouldn't that bring more attention if the rare item was a special recipe or even a ring?).

yaoinut
I can't understand how gaia doesn't see the potentional in zOMG. I'm sure when the easter event was on, people must have flocked there for the items, which shows new content and new ideas bring people in.

Quarantine Corentine
It's like how the Public Transportation in my area is getting budget cuts 'cause people aren't using public transportation as much but people aren't using public transportation as much because the cuts are starting to make it inconvenient to use.

Red Kutai
I've been arguing for some time that there's a huge discrepancy between the number of Gaia's users who are interested in zOMG! and the number of users who actually play.

Catanaition N. D.
If there was a little more support for soloists I would be a lot more interested in playing. I have never had an interest in parties in any MMO I have played and the fact that Gaia not only expects you to play in crews but keeps things secret in hopes that one player will figure it out and pass it on to all the other players is quite simply dumb.

faolan
So. Gaia. Who's in charge there these days? He or she needs to remember to take their ADD medication, honestly. Projects are announced....and peter out. Ocean Party sure was abandoned in a hurry -- even the forum here has practically an inch of dust all over it. Spring Cleaning done yet? If developers aren't quitting left and right, they probably deserve some huge thanks (and huger apologies) from whichever senior administrator it is who's micro-managing the dev teams -- literally -- to death. No, I can't say for sure that's the cause. But the results coming down remind me a lot of my own experiences with busybody higher-ups who were so "hands-on," they choked a project to death.

Abandoning zOMG? It really feels like a betrayal, Gaia. Maybe even a slap in the face.

So I ask only this: if that is what administrative decision is to be, that the administrator responsible for the decision come to Anime Expo next July so we can each return the gesture.

Ruuj
You know, instead of always implementing these stupid forum changes that, much of the time, the majority of the community didn't even want in the first place.

Lunatic

I will cross an orbit in the darkness of the silver night,
until I have ended everything with everything and all stands still.
Same. I am sure that if it was consistently updated I'd surely play it again.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
There's supposed to be an event for halloween. As long as the servers aren't being retarded and there's enough of them, i bet there'll be tons of people on it then. If that's not enough to show that there's interest, then there never will be anything, because it takes NEW CONTENT, as mentioned, to bring interest.

It don't even have to be new areas, necessarily. Rotate out loot and recipes. Bring in new loot and new recipes (a bunch of em) and people will begin playing again.

Heck, bring out cash shop recipes that require loot (and special loot that isn't already floating around in the mp currently) and you'll prolly gain a bunch of attention that way.

zomg better not die, because it was talked about for AGES, and now it's being dumped to the side of the road.

If Gaia pulls the plug on zOMG, i'll be disgusted.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Complete agreement. What, exactly, do they expect us to do? If they want to increase interest, then let's see some devs reassigned there for some nice holiday event action, and see about adding even a small new area, and maybe some new recipes to create. 3nodding

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Rya Dracosin
There's supposed to be an event for halloween. As long as the servers aren't being retarded and there's enough of them, i bet there'll be tons of people on it then. If that's not enough to show that there's interest, then there never will be anything, because it takes NEW CONTENT, as mentioned, to bring interest.

It don't even have to be new areas, necessarily. Rotate out loot and recipes. Bring in new loot and new recipes (a bunch of em) and people will begin playing again.

Heck, bring out cash shop recipes that require loot (and special loot that isn't already floating around in the mp currently) and you'll prolly gain a bunch of attention that way.

zomg better not die, because it was talked about for AGES, and now it's being dumped to the side of the road.

Yes! New recipes, or new loot- we don't even need new areas. Maybe a few new quests. Just something.

I like the idea of cash shop recipes that require new kinds of loot. Recipes for items that people actually want to wear (not bassken waders)

Pyroshii's Oppa

Sparkly Vampire

Gaia can do a ballyhoo (from adventure quest)

Get videos, have people watch them in zOMG for a small amount of loot, recipes, ect, while they get payed for videos watched.

Lunatic

Rya Dracosin

If Gaia pulls the plug on zOMG, i'llBasically half of Gaia be disgusted.
I will cross an orbit in the darkness of the silver night,
until I have ended everything with everything and all stands still.

Fix'd.

Shadowy Millionaire

13,000 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Owlie
Rya Dracosin

Yes! New recipes, or new loot- we don't even need new areas. Maybe a few new quests. Just something.

I like the idea of cash shop recipes that require new kinds of loot. Recipes for items that people actually want to wear (not bassken waders)

It wouldn't hurt them to test the waters with that sort of thing, especially if they do the same as they would for a bundle (a recipe bundle?). You get 5 recipes, and a special 6th recipe if you buy them in a bundle and not separately.

Wouldn't take much more out of their time aside from adding in a few more loot items in each area (to bring attention back to each area) and coding them in. Would take as much time possibly as their regular bundles do, and they'd be earning money from it. As long as they revisited the recipes every so often, or even had a zomg rig (now wouldn't that bring more attention if the rare item was a special recipe or even a ring?).

There are so many avaliable options for them and yet they're not doing anything. They can really cash out on zomg and they apparently don't even see it.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Rya Dracosin
Owlie
Rya Dracosin

It wouldn't hurt them to test the waters with that sort of thing, especially if they do the same as they would for a bundle (a recipe bundle?). You get 5 recipes, and a special 6th recipe if you buy them in a bundle and not separately.

There are so many avaliable options for them and yet they're not doing anything. They can really cash out on zomg and they apparently don't even see it.

Amazing ideas!

I really think people would shell out cash for recolors as well- people love to pay for vanity. Divinity, especially, could be turned into pretty much any color without changing the meaning of the ring. Halo could also be changed and be successful. Something like Meat probably wouldn't be very practical to take time to recolor, though.

There is so much potential in this game, why can't they see that?

Unholy Shapeshifter

That's how a lot of features are seeming in line
for now. Houses have failed me, I'd rather not see zOMG go down
too. I actually play that, it keeps me entertained, and I'd hate
to see it go.

I agree with new items and quests being put out to spark
some new interest. They did a good job - in my opinion -
getting my friend and I to play the game when they had
the Easter Egg hunt going on.
3nodding

Friendly Friend

14,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
yeah what crap
I agree. I was gone for months, and I came back to take a look at the zOMG! server and ... nothing new. gonk

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Chibi Mizu Thing
That's how a lot of features are seeming in line
for now. Houses have failed me, I'd rather not see zOMG go down
too. I actually play that, it keeps me entertained, and I'd hate
to see it go.

I agree with new items and quests being put out to spark
some new interest. They did a good job - in my opinion -
getting my friend and I to play the game when they had
the Easter Egg hunt going on.
3nodding

When the Easter Egg hunt was going on, zOMG was crowded! It was an amazingly fun event. This proves that people will play if they have something to play for.
That's why I made this Guild miss. Here^^

There is also a link to z!Spot on the Guild home page as well. They host events and soon are setting up contests. Consider joining both guilds? We hope to be able to raise awareness. Everyone here tries to support zOMG!

Also there have been many suggestions offered on how to raise more money for zOMG!, but seeing as there is no one to work on these suggestions, we have to get more people to play the game. That means telling your friends about it, welcoming new Gaians to play it, and so on. ^^

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
I can't understand how gaia doesn't see the potentional in zOMG. I'm sure when the easter event was on, people must have flocked there for the items, which shows new content and new ideas bring people in.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff