Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Creature

So far you've done a mini RIG of companions, some potions, and your gold potion.
You've appealed to the gamers and the gamers only. Bunny B doesn't count, kill that thing with fire.
What about the regular users? The ones who don't play zOMG?
zOMG! inspired items can make you money if you do it right.
One way would be to sell a really good recipe in the cash shop that made an item even non-zOMG! users would want.
In fact, heres one you could easily do.
These are the vampires from the Halloween 09 event.
Their clothes (Male and female) are adorable, and I'm sure some ladies have their eyes on that wonderful bust. Not to mention the hair and eyes.
Dangle a pretty recipe in front of your users, show them what they get if they work for it.
They'll have to get certain materials already in game to make the item, like regular recipes. People pay, and people play. Win win.
Dangle the recipe's product in front of your users for a little more Gaia cash and let them buy it in case they can't play zOMG. Not everyone has a computer able to run zOMG and they may just not have the patients to get a single item.
I know, I know. Everyone's sick of RIGS.
But a bi-monthly (Maybe not even that) zOMG! themed RIG would do wonders for the game. Especially if you appealed to your gamers and your regular users separately.
I'm not saying go all out and do 50 or so items for every rig, but if you put up a few nice items for 100 GC (Say, 4 for in game use and 4 for avatar use) and let the users decide between Nicolae and Blaze (Nic gives you off brand zomg items for your avatar and Blaze gives you in game things like companions) I'm sure you'd have some happy users.
Especially if you make Lucky the cat a companion in game. I'd go insane questing for it / buying RIGS to get it to follow me around in zOMG. <3
Any additional ideas, SF?
Owlie
Having recipes for items that users actually want would be awesome. (seriously, nobody wants to wear bassken waders.)
Having those recipes in the cash shop- brilliant.
People can either play for the loot or buy the loot in the marketplace. Loot has become practically worthless since fully crafted items are given away in the daily chance, this would help renew interest in playing for items instead of paying.

StrawberryZ0mbie
I was hoping the epic items that were posted a while back, that were supposed to be super rare in-game things, might end up as cash shop recipes. Or that they would at least, somehow, see daylight, instead of the idea being shelved, to gather dust.
Because the concept art for a lot of them, looked really amazing. =<
Epic Items

Lady Kayura
Here's a what if sort of thought..
What if Gaia released a recipe in the cash shop for an Animated Item?
I've seen it suggested (and asked) for the rings we have in the game to be made into equipable items for our avatar. Some of the animations are pretty nifty. Imagine having Divinity with the wings unfurl or a little coyote hop around your avatar (coyote spirit) or the flames from Fire Rain. Some of the rings are certainly neater than others so perhaps Gaia shouldn't do them all. But I know I'd love a sweetheart animation on my avatar, especially around Valentine's day.
One of the requirements for this specific animated item could be you need the ring as part of the recipe. (I don't know how this would work out with sweetheart, if they'd re-release it or just not do that ring or what. But that could be worked out later).

MistressMinako
Otami Skins. Well-made, with multi-colored wings, either as separate items or potions, all requiring components from the game.
Seriously, when I started playing zOMG, it was for the items. I remember how cool it made you, to have that Kokeshi doll kimono. So why not Kat's doll's kimono, or a Shewolf/Stone Coatl for my avatar?

Lady Kayura
MistressMinako
I think a one-time use potion would be best. You get the recipe drop, have to collect the components, and craft a potion. Then, you use said potion like any of the other potions avaliable in Skin Tyte. Once you use another potion, the Otami skin is erased, and if you want it back/want to change wing colors etc, you have to craft a new potion all over again.

Oh man. One time use skin potions. That's a great idea. ^___^ I want to see various colors of fluff potions. xD;

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Playing zOMG gave me the gold to buy RIG items. crying Now I cant even do that.

Malevolent Creature

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Recipes in the cash shop.. this is a fantastic idea!

If Gaia made these items multi-posed and high quality, I could see the demand for them being pretty high.

I'd love to see this idea implemented. Perhaps Gaia could sell the recipes for a month, like they do in a RIG and then when the month ends, take them out and replace them with new ones.

I personally would like to see the recipes be a direct CS buy and not placed in a RIG. Putting them in a RIG might alienate the userbase too much.

Malevolent Creature

Lady Kayura
Recipes in the cash shop.. this is a fantastic idea!

If Gaia made these items multi-posed and high quality, I could see the demand for them being pretty high.

I'd love to see this idea implemented. Perhaps Gaia could sell the recipes for a month, like they do in a RIG and then when the month ends, take them out and replace them with new ones.

I personally would like to see the recipes be a direct CS buy and not placed in a RIG. Putting them in a RIG might alienate the userbase too much.

I was asking for them to be direct to CS. Its just pointless to give your users a rig and then make them work for the end result. One or the other. XD

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
One and Nineteen More

I was asking for them to be direct to CS. Its just pointless to give your users a rig and then make them work for the end result. One or the other. XD

I wasn't clear on that. sweatdrop

I'd suggest messaging [ JK ] about this. This idea deserves dev attention.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Having recipes for items that users actually want would be awesome. (seriously, nobody wants to wear bassken waders.)

People can either play for the loot or buy the loot in the marketplace. Loot has become practically worthless since fully crafted items are given away in the daily chance, this would help renew interest in playing for items instead of paying.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I'd like it if they made items out of the summon creatures. I may not play much zOMG, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't equip feathered coatl along-side my avi.
Granted, some summons are items (like the pumpkin fluff), but not all of them are.

Malevolent Creature

Owlie

I forgot you could buy the material. Its been too long since I've played zOMG!.

I had the mind set that buying materials wouldn't count (Like they don't for quests in game), but this is a valid point. XD

Mind if I add it to the OP?

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
One and Nineteen More
Owlie

I forgot you could buy the material. Its been too long since I've played zOMG!.

I had the mind set that buying materials wouldn't count (Like they don't for quests in game), but this is a valid point. XD

Mind if I add it to the OP?

Go for it! ^_^

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I am on the fence about cash shop recipes. I would rather see equitable rings with possible animations and swarms of animated around you that includes bosses.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Malevolent Creature

Opera Phantomess
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I am on the fence about cash shop recipes. I would rather see equitable rings with possible animations and swarms of animated around you that includes bosses.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

With the recipes it makes you play zOMG! for loot if you don't want to buy it off the MP.
Or spend more money for the product. :v

While it would be fantastic to have bosses by you (Would adore she wulf), I'm not so sure this would have people buying who don't play zOMG.

As for animations? I'd go for buying rings for my avatar that actually show what happens in zOMG.
People would go nuts over the Healing Halo.

Zero FxOxP's Princess

Friendly Wolf

10,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I like this, and think it would be a great thing to have. I can't play zOMG due to slow internet so I can't play for the items and those look very interesting to have. Least in the cash shop I have a chance of getting it (I occasionly buy stuff if I have enough money). Also it will be a great advertisment for people to play zOMG to see other cool items. As you said a win-win situation ^_^

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Legal bump.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers