Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
[

Perfect Saint

I loved zOMG back in the day, but half the users? That's a serious overestimation even during the golden age of the game. And what's this about MP inflation and the doll? Selling rings for GC? I rather they give a weighted gold sellback. I don't think Gaia will be giving out basically free GC since majority of the rings are free anyway. I have thousands of rings in my inventory. I definitely would stand to profit from that trade, but I don't think that is realistic.

And you are right. It is late and sometimes, timing is everything. Gaia has closed the book on zOMG. sad

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Hyperbole will not save the game it's gone. Gaia has neither the incentive in numbers nor the inclianation to build it back up again and it's current form is unstable.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
If they quit the site because zOMG! is gone... how can you count them? I doubt they're gonna log back in if they've left sine the game's closure. o_O

Anyway, it's sad that zOMG! is gone. Met a really great friend through the game and we stay in contact all the time, even outside of Gaia. zOMG! had a ton of great memories, and it was fun while it lasted. I'm sorry to see it go, but I understand why it was taken down. It's a shame. In a perfect world, it would come back. But I'm honestly not gonna hold my breath .

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
Bleeding Apocalypse
If they quit the site because zOMG! is gone... how can you count them? I doubt they're gonna log back in if they've left sine the game's closure. o_O

Anyway, it's sad that zOMG! is gone. Met a really great friend through the game and we stay in contact all the time, even outside of Gaia. zOMG! had a ton of great memories, and it was fun while it lasted. I'm sorry to see it go, but I understand why it was taken down. It's a shame. In a perfect world, it would come back. But I'm honestly not gonna hold my breath .
Yeah. I don't understand why people fight about it. We like zomg, we should be able to say we want it back. Even if we do think it's hopeless.

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
Myrielle
I loved zOMG back in the day, but half the users? That's a serious overestimation even during the golden age of the game. And what's this about MP inflation and the doll? Selling rings for GC? I rather they give a weighted gold sellback. I don't think Gaia will be giving out basically free GC since majority of the rings are free anyway. I have thousands of rings in my inventory. I definitely would stand to profit from that trade, but I don't think that is realistic.

And you are right. It is late and sometimes, timing is everything. Gaia has closed the book on zOMG. sad
I know. And by selling rings i mean if they brought it back they could sell them back if we bought them with GC. I have been stocking up with rings incase something happens LOL sweatdrop

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The Divergent Wolf Pup
Bleeding Apocalypse

Yeah. I don't understand why people fight about it. We like zomg, we should be able to say we want it back. Even if we do think it's hopeless.

How would we pay for it? I mean... the last two money drives Gaia had to "save" zOMG! didn't really help to do much to save/expand the game. Despite meeting the community goal, the game couldn't be saved. Short of charging some kind of monthly fee to play the game, I don't see how Gaia would actually put in an effort to have the game return and stay maintained and updated.

Kawaii Shoujo

zomg was absolute garbage. bringing it back would be pointless since there are actually decent features on the site that need attention

like all the glitches and errors that have been around for, like, years.

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
Bleeding Apocalypse
The Divergent Wolf Pup
Bleeding Apocalypse

How would we pay for it? I mean... the last two money drives Gaia had to "save" zOMG! didn't really help to do much to save/expand the game. Despite meeting the community goal, the game couldn't be saved. Short of charging some kind of monthly fee to play the game, I don't see how Gaia would actually put in an effort to have the game return and stay maintained and updated.
Exactly. We can't. Sadly, not enough people care- or not enough want their voice to be heard. But there is a thread link in my profile to a petition to have gaia pets, like the animated. AND TEAL GRUNNIES (that was my idea!!)

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Zomg is gone and is not coming back. I'm sorry but it's true. Zomg didn't bring in the money like they thought it was going to when if first came out.

And over the years the coding got older and older and thus out of date. No one who currently works for Gaia even remembers the code for Zomg. When they went to work on it they had to bring in one of the original Devs who helped to make Zomg.

Plus not all that many people really played Zomg. (Compared to the other parts of the site) So why would Gaia keep it if not only was it something that most users didn't use, was a security risk and that no one who works for Gaia knows how to fix if something were to happen because the coding was so old?

Enduring Gaian

13,875 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I just want the Welcoming Fairy to stop being a jerk about it already k?

[NPC] The Welcoming Fairy
Hello again!

Today, we're going to play Gaia's very own MMORPG, zOMG!

zOMG is the story of your avatar as they battle with their friends against the animated! You will gain new powers, make new friends, and battle evil!

To play, go to our 'Games' page and click on the zOMG link to launch the game!

If you want to talk about the game / get some more tips, head to our zOMG forum!

Happy adventuring,
The Welcoming Fairy

cutethulhuuu's Sidekick

Interstellar Trash

I'd love zOMG to come back, but Gaia has proven time and time again they can't uphold a project that is involved and as intricate as a game. They would not have the dedication to support and maintain zOMG --- keeping a game on the backburner, with no support and no one to fix problems is ******** ridiculous and while the game was fun, it's just depressing that Gaia kept it around, unworked on and unmaintained for years after they abandoned it.

Gaia is lazy about long term projects and investments.

Ice-Cold Guardian

16,875 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Winter Guardian 250
Teefie
I'd love zOMG to come back, but Gaia has proven time and time again they can't uphold a project that is involved and as intricate as a game. They would not have the dedication to support and maintain zOMG --- keeping a game on the backburner, with no support and no one to fix problems is ******** ridiculous and while the game was fun, it's just depressing that Gaia kept it around, unworked on and unmaintained for years after they abandoned it.

Gaia is lazy about long term projects and investments.
Yeah. It is really sad. I loved playing ZomG when I could. Now it's gone. The coding was horrible and all, but, I guess that's gaia for you. confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff