Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Werewolf

Oh goodness, I remember one time it glitched so hard for me that it didn't take away the cash that I used. So theoretically I could've just spent it forever. It also gave me two of the item that I bought. I was worried that they'd somehow try to pin it on me as scamming and ban me, and I called them to get it fixed, to which they had no clue what was going on and thanked me immensely for letting them know before others caught on.

They really, really, really need to fix the app. They're throwing money away.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

This app seriously needs a severe overhaul!

This website is not very mobile friendly, so I use this app to read through various forum topics from time to time.

Otherwise, it's hardly functional and is a huge waste of opportunity for Gaia to develop this into something more functional, and as another portal for their agenda.. which I don't approve very much, but that's another complaint altogether.

Kawaii Spirit

Asashikka
This website is not very mobile friendly, so I use this app to read through various forum topics from time to time.

I'm actually kinda jealous that you're able to use the app. It doesn't work for me at all, says wrong password (it's not). I wanted to use all my iTunes credit to buy GC but I can't because the stupid app won't let me log in. neutral

Edit: your artwork is gorgeous, oh my gosh!

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

mayakko
Asashikka

I'm actually kinda jealous that you're able to use the app. It doesn't work for me at all, says wrong password (it's not). I wanted to use all my iTunes credit to buy GC but I can't because the stupid app won't let me log in. neutral

Edit: your artwork is gorgeous, oh my gosh!

I find your situation to be a most unusual case...

I feel like eventually the app will cease to work on my end as well. I actually get that alert you've been getting lately once in a while. I usually just close the app (ie: remove it from being active), and restart it. That usually fixes that little matter on my end. Still, for Gaia's constant GC pushes.. one would think that the app would be better maintained to at least make that part of the service to work. =w=

That aside.. thank you!! oAo
.. it's a huge shame that Gaia won't do anything to ease the constant hyperinflation.. it's scary enough for me to not even consider opening up a small art shop even in the near future...

Kawaii Spirit

Asashikka

I feel like eventually the app will cease to work on my end as well. I actually get that alert you've been getting lately once in a while. I usually just close the app (ie: remove it from being active), and restart it. That usually fixes that little matter on my end. Still, for Gaia's constant GC pushes.. one would think that the app would be better maintained to at least make that part of the service to work. =w=

I honestly thought I was doing something wrong, but the thing is, I use a password manager (1password) and so I'm just copying and pasting my password when I log in. When I try on the app, it says wrong password, but if I paste it in the browser, it logs me in just fine.

I changed it just to make sure and it's still not working...

Quote:
.. it's a huge shame that Gaia won't do anything to ease the constant hyperinflation.. it's scary enough for me to not even consider opening up a small art shop even in the near future...

I would not draw for gold at all anymore... it's easier to do RLC and use the money to buy GC. The economy is way to unstable to draw for gold...

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

mayakko
Asashikka

I honestly thought I was doing something wrong, but the thing is, I use a password manager (1password) and so I'm just copying and pasting my password when I log in. When I try on the app, it says wrong password, but if I paste it in the browser, it logs me in just fine.

I changed it just to make sure and it's still not working...

Quote:

I would not draw for gold at all anymore... it's easier to do RLC and use the money to buy GC. The economy is way to unstable to draw for gold...

I see.
I assume that typing the password manually is not working either on your end?
Either way, it's a matter Gaia shouldn't be adverse to addressing eventually since that app is still being provided for download at the official app stores.

Haha, I agree. What's more, my turnaround isn't all that quick for the gold value to remain relatively the same either. I agree that's it's easier, and honestly more worthwhile to do RLC and turn a bit of that around towards GC, if one remains inclined. I myself do not have that much inclination to begin with, and if I had to spend my earnings, I'd do so elsewhere. xD

Mega Bit

usually killing the app manually and opening it again then allows you to login. I can't even begin to describe how buggy the app is though, i really don't like using it. My main issues include: spoilers permanently open, no back button in forums, my post disappearing while i'm typing it (this is so frustrating if my reply is a little longer).

The only thing they've updated in the app is the showing that an item is limited, how much quantity of it is left and if its sold out. That is literally the only update recently, probably ever.

Kawaii Spirit

Asashikka
I see.
Either way, it's a matter Gaia shouldn't be adverse to addressing eventually since that app is still being provided for download at the official app stores.

Nope, doesn't work. Sigh.

Quote:
Haha, I agree. What's more, my turnaround isn't all that quick for the gold value to remain relatively the same either. I agree that's it's easier, and honestly more worthwhile to do RLC and turn a bit of that around towards GC, if one remains inclined. I myself do not have that much inclination to begin with, and if I had to spend my earnings, I'd do so elsewhere. xD

Yeah that was pretty much how I felt when I was still drawing. I started doing RLCs because I wanted to buy GC, then when the money actually came in I was all "uh, I can buy real things with this money" and ended up never getting any GC at all. xd

EDIT

Ambiverted
usually killing the app manually and opening it again then allows you to login.

OMFG THANK YOU. IT WORKED. It's s**t but it worked. At least now I can buy GC with my iTunes credit.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

mayakko
Asashikka
I see.

Nope, doesn't work. Sigh.

Quote:

Yeah that was pretty much how I felt when I was still drawing. I started doing RLCs because I wanted to buy GC, then when the money actually came in I was all "uh, I can buy real things with this money" and ended up never getting any GC at all. xd

Oh dear...
I doubt this would work.. but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Or perhaps there's a Gaia app cache that may need to be erased (cleaning that up from the app could be bothersome, though)?

Haha, yeah. xD Plus, receiving real money is so much more worthwhile than to gain gold on top of its value being more than likely to preserve stability, lol. Speaking of commissions.. I should go and resume working on one. It feels kind of weird having a pretty long queue for RLC. ouo

Kawaii Spirit

Asashikka

Oh dear...
I doubt this would work.. but have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Or perhaps there's a Gaia app cache that may need to be erased (cleaning that up from the app could be bothersome, though)?

Force quitting the app worked. Pasted the exact same password (was still in the clipboard) and it logged me in fine. Go figure...

Quote:
Haha, yeah. xD Plus, receiving real money is so much more worthwhile than to gain gold on top of its value being more than likely to preserve stability, lol. Speaking of commissions.. I should go and resume working on one. It feels kind of weird having a pretty long queue for RLC. ouo

Yeah when people are actually paying you real money there's added pressure. xd Good luck with your commissions!

Supreme Mage

19,775 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
The app is absolutely horrible.
I've had it on my Samsung and now on my Huawei. Announcements are not working properly when I'm not on WiFi, I can't scroll the cash shop past the first page at all anymore, the outfit slots in the dressing room keep scrolling back to the first outfit if you didn't name all your outfits differently, I can hardly quote on the forums with the app or reply to PMs and it goes on and on and on.
I honestly feel they need to scratch the app or give it a complete overhaul and/or make a mobile page for Gaia.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kawaii Spirit

Albruna
The app is absolutely horrible.
I've had it on my Samsung and now on my Huawei. Announcements are not working properly when I'm not on WiFi, I can't scroll the cash shop past the first page at all anymore, the outfit slots in the dressing room keep scrolling back to the first outfit if you didn't name all your outfits differently, I can hardly quote on the forums with the app or reply to PMs and it goes on and on and on.
I honestly feel they need to scratch the app or give it a complete overhaul and/or make a mobile page for Gaia.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I honestly feel that a mobile-friendly site would be the best solution, because then it would be responsive (works in every screen resolution) and platform independent (works in any smartphone). A good web designer knows how to make a site responsive so they wouldn't even have to hire anyone new to do it. It's the perfect solution.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

mayakko
Asashikka

Oh dear...

Force quitting the app worked. Pasted the exact same password (was still in the clipboard) and it logged me in fine. Go figure...

Quote:

Yeah when people are actually paying you real money there's added pressure. xd Good luck with your commissions!

Ah, I forgot that force quitting the app would refresh the app's login cache too, lol.

Still, the app is in bad form overall and would require a lot of work to make it remotely functional or.. as you stated in your recent response to this thread, work on making a responsive website design. I actually would prefer that because that means most of the upkeep would be kept in-house versus creating a independent app and submitting it to other channels just to get it out there to the public.
I tried using the app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini once but to be honest I never used it again, It's glitchy as hell, so much that in the end I have to literally close the app, open it and log in and try again ><

You would think that they would fix both the Apps for Android and Iphone and make them safe and fun to use for their customers, but nope! They let the actual good features that would bring more income to rot and focus on the not so important ones.... rolleyes

Kawaii Spirit

Asashikka
Still, the app is in bad form overall and would require a lot of work to make it remotely functional or.. as you stated in your recent response to this thread, work on making a responsive website design. I actually would prefer that because that means most of the upkeep would be kept in-house versus creating a independent app and submitting it to other channels just to get it out there to the public.

Yeah, a responsive Gaia would be nice... but the problem with it being just a responsive site as opposed to an app is that we wouldn't get notifications. I would really like to see a notification system where my phone vibrates/beeps when I get a PM or when someone quotes me. I'm an avid forums user and that's something I'd love to see implemented.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff