Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sugary Cat

They could have gained money with releasing more Gold Gens in the mean time aswell. I don't mind it too much & have become pretty used to the idea.

Not hating on them updating the app tho. I deleted the app a long time ago since they didn't bother updating it and I didn't bother using it.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I'm going to point out that there are other issues that Gaia does not have control over. For example, there are problems with getting coverage with a cell provider or store wifi I know it seems silly but for some of the providers you won't get coverage in some places. For example I've got Sprint and anytime I've logged in on my android phone and wasn't able to get in, it was because I didn't have the coverage from my network not because of the app. There were also times I would in Target and their wifi would not work on my phone. It would keep crapping out and my phone network would take over.

Also as far as buying GCash goes on the Google Play app, it hasn't allowed me to buy any kind of currency for any kind of app.

I'd honestly rather see Google and Sprint fix their issues, but that's just me.

I use the app only to view the announcements, notices and messages when I'm not at home. And to sell stuff on the marketplace.

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If I knew the app worked, I would download it and use it.

But they really are missing out here. ^_^;;
Hope they get something working soon.

Kawaii Spirit

Astra Green
I'm going to point out that there are other issues that Gaia does not have control over. For example, there are problems with getting coverage with a cell provider or store wifi I know it seems silly but for some of the providers you won't get coverage in some places. For example I've got Sprint and anytime I've logged in on my android phone and wasn't able to get in, it was because I didn't have the coverage from my network not because of the app. There were also times I would in Target and their wifi would not work on my phone. It would keep crapping out and my phone network would take over.

None of these issues have anything to do with the app. The app is broken, it doesn't let people do basic things and it needs to be fixed.

In my case specifically, when the app doesn't let me log in, I can log in with my mobile browser, and if I force quit the app and try again, it works fine. It is not a coverage issue, it's an app issue.

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I am so down with the ideas in this thread! the mobile app is a hot mess and I'm on my phone 75% of the time. And getting cash would totally be streamlined if gaia got hooked up with apple/android. ultimate game card retired this month so i don't really have a method, and i'm not responsible enough to have a reoccurring monthly charge sweatdrop
if nothing else, they should at least fix the stupid things that are broken so i can surf in peace!

Kawaii Spirit

Bumpitty bump bump.

Kawaii Spirit

Empyrean Spirit

I had only used the app for a small period of time when it was first released, and subsequently updated. Recently I gave it another go, because of summer travel, and come to find that the same issues it had when it was first released are still there. Formatting is a nightmare; granted, I'm posting with dozens of graphics and little quotes everywhere, but quoting and replying to a PM take some considerable effort. I think that notices were still a no-go, weren't they?

Kawaii Spirit

NAM-JAI

I had only used the app for a small period of time when it was first released, and subsequently updated. Recently I gave it another go, because of summer travel, and come to find that the same issues it had when it was first released are still there. Formatting is a nightmare; granted, I'm posting with dozens of graphics and little quotes everywhere, but quoting and replying to a PM take some considerable effort. I think that notices were still a no-go, weren't they?

Yep, notices are still useless. Also PMs are broken (in the iPhone app, anyway -- not sure about Android as I don't have mine anymore).

It's just terrible.

Kawaii Spirit

Kawaii Spirit

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Just an FYI, Gaia is currently hiring for the Android developer and iOS developer positions, so if anyone here knows how to code for the Android and/or iOS platforms and lives near San Jose, you might want to consider applying. :3

(I'm guessing if those positions opened up, it means that there's currently no one at Gaia who knows how to code for mobile)

Kawaii Spirit

Teabo Milk Tea
(I'm guessing if those positions opened up, it means that there's currently no one at Gaia who knows how to code for mobile)

Well... it's not like we needed any more proof. xd

But yeah, I saw that! Fingers crossed that it's for Gaia and not Tentacl.

Kawaii Spirit

Malevolent Kitten

22,925 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Nerd 50
I've been thinking this as well! So many apps are making crazy amounts of money, and yet, here the gaia app just lays...sitting there...unupdated (when you sell things in the mp it still says its a 2% tax for example, but then when it sells and you get the mail, nope its 5% lol) thats just one of many issues.

I for one would love being able to access guilds. I do also think they need to do the games as apps, then I'd actually play them.

I really hope they go towards actually using the app and have it be something that gains them money so we can benefit and have it updated. I still spend most of my time on gaia on the app, also, finding the app in 2011 is how I got brought back to gaia (I wanted a good dress up game, and remembered gaia and decided, what the heck might as well search for gaia, and what do you know! they had an app!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff