Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Nerd

They're way too high now. 2bil was decent, but 7bil for the next goal is a little high. 5bil THEN 7bil is much more reasonable. I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but I'm sure I'll find out. There isn't much else to say about this; goal amounts need to be lowered a little.

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
I did notice the jump was pretty high. 2b and then 7.5b doesn't make sense. I'm concerned with how long they intend to keep up this pre-event gold sink with numbers that high.
The actual event may end up being rather short.

If they had intended on us reaching all the goals, they really should have done the pre-event in september.

Fashionable Nerd

NINJA Boner
I did notice the jump was pretty high. 2b and then 7.5b doesn't make sense. I'm concerned with how long they intend to keep up this pre-event gold sink with numbers that high.
The actual event may end up being rather short.

If they had intended on us reaching all the goals, they really should have done the pre-event in september.
Yeah, the only thing they did in September was kinda mention it. I'm still really looking forward to the event. I look forward to all of them.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

The rate makes me suspicious that we're watching a timed event.

Lightbringer

The gold sink was definitely a good idea, but the incentives may not be enough to do so. Virtually everyone on the site that's trying to collect gold is doing it because there's something they want - and that object of desire is usually quite expensive. For the low to middle end sort of quests, one million gold is a hefty chunk of change to be giving up. Going by what we know from the past, this particular event is likely going to give us some average quality items and a trophy of sorts for bragging rights afterward, but is that really enough to be trying to drain billions of Gold from the economy?

I give the whole thing an A for effort and the planning was solid enough, but I don't think the rewards are good enough, both for singular and global donations, to reach the targets the engineers behind the idea want. Imo, for a gold sink to be really effective, it should be something that only takes small bits at a time but gives incentive for frequent use. Just for the sake of an example, what about a gachapon that gives out things like alchemy components and other good prizes, and only takes, say, 1k to give it a whirl? There obviously needs to be more work to the idea, but yeah.

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
We made 4 billion in a day; assuming the sink lasts for a couple weeks and the event starts around the 17th I think we can make the next goal afterwards, as long as it isn't something like 20 billion... idk. We're likely to get rogues, after that we'll just have to see what the next goal is.

Enduring Citizen

Actually, I think the opposite is true. They need to raise the goals (especially if they keep up with the retarded (and I don't use that word often) idea of continuing to sell Flynn's Booty) and offer us better rewards. Like things people have been asking for. Like instead of donating 10mil or a 100mil getting you a chance at winning a prize that people don't seem all that interested in, how about donating 10mil gets you a little pet for your avatar similar to the CI pets? After all, that about the market worth of some of the better pets (before the inflation. I have no idea what it's at now). And such forth.

Also, I have heard next to nothing about this 'Battle System' that is mentioned in some of the rewards. Perhaps I would be more likely to sink my gold into them if I knew what I was sinking my gold into in the first place.

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
IT WAS JUST LOWERED!

;D

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
You're sinking into beginning with a boost over those who don't donate that much. And also apparently additional classes that the staff otherwise didn't feel like working on? *shrug*

Anyway, I'm going to point out that in the SOS event people JUST KEPT DONATING GOLD, even though the supposed goals had been achieved fairly quickly. So the current group goals seem fairly reasonable to me. People wanted a gold sink and are willing to do so for two more classes to play in an event. In the SOS people apparently thought those shops would really disappear or something? But yeah, it's been proven that, as a mass of people, we can and will achieve that large a gold amount. (If you don't remember that one, that was like... wow three years ago maybe? That's when they introduced Ivan.)

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
OH COOL THEY DID IT

Nice.

sleepypandie's Husband

Muscular Fatcat

Oh wow. Thanks Uncle Kenny! (?)

Yeah I guess they set it exponentially higher because they noticed that a lot of people were donating quite a lot initially.

Supreme Trash

40,350 Points
    • Cat Fancier 100
    • Senpai's Notice 100
    • Invisibility 100
    Saiphz
    They're way too high now. 2bil was decent, but 7bil for the next goal is a little high. 5bil THEN 7bil is much more reasonable. I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but I'm sure I'll find out. There isn't much else to say about this; goal amounts need to be lowered a little.

:3 I posted this last night and it was moved!
    Didn't bother to change it back razz
    Basically people with 100mil aren't going to spend 100mil for this PRE event with no promise of a prize. Gaia didn't think this through and to try and cover their backs they re-released the item that caused the major need for said goldsink.
    /gladtoseeyouagain

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
    • Pet Lover 100
    • Bunny Hoarder 150
    • Cats vs Dogs 100
    ll Oreoo ll

Yeah I guess they set it exponentially higher because they noticed that a lot of people were donating quite a lot initially.

That latest dev notice just further proved that Uncle Kenny is one of the few staff that listens! biggrin I hope he adds more tiers to the Personal Rewards side, something between each of the current tiers (aka, something between 10k and 100k, between 100k and 1 million, etc).

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Light Soprano
      ll Oreoo ll

That latest dev notice just further proved that Uncle Kenny is one of the few staff that listens! biggrin I hope he adds more tiers to the Personal Rewards side, something between each of the current tiers (aka, something between 10k and 100k, between 100k and 1 million, etc).

If he changes the personal tiers I hope it rewards retroactively.

Thanks Uncle Kenny! You rock. heart

Visionary

19,825 Points
        • Pine Perfection 250
        • Cash Grabber 500
        • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
        Uncle Kenny
        Halloween Goldsink Update!

You've passed 4 billion in donations so far, congrats! After talking it over among ourselves, we've added a 5th reward tier for global donations. To make this fit in better, we've also reduced the current reward tier's goal from 7.5 billion to 5 billion gold. Good luck and keep sinking that gold!

Thank you! This won't go unnoticed, we appreciate the gold sink. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
        Manage Your Items
        Other Stuff
        Get GCash
        Offers
        Get Items
        More Items
        Where Everyone Hangs Out
        Other Community Areas
        Virtual Spaces
        Fun Stuff