Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Only one of these is even moderately mediocre, and even that one looks like it's stabbing through the wrist.

Seriously, I've seen this with so many items made these days that the only good ones I know of are like pre-2012.

Undead Enchantress

I think male avies are somewhat better off. Looks like the only time held items look right is when they are part of the arm mod.
I just made one of those awful snerk laughs. The item itself is so very detailed and well made and then they ruin it with that kind of shitty posing? Just look at the first of the poses, it doesn't seem like they even tried to align it with the hand.

Reminds me of this old video of a comedian pretending to be a blind man eating ice cream...

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
abandoned_nr_19857864
I just made one of those awful snerk laughs. The item itself is so very detailed and well made and then they ruin it with that kind of shitty posing? Just look at the first of the poses, it doesn't seem like they even tried to align it with the hand.

Reminds me of this old video of a comedian pretending to be a blind man eating ice cream...

Honestly, the fact that this is so rampant in the face of consistent poses is ludicrous and inane.

For ******** sake, Gaia, do some QA.

Benevolent Feeder

Something I noticed as well.
They just don't seem to care anymore.

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Mama Ame 's Partner

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
Only items worth holding are Staff of the Angels and Demonic Pitchfork. Obvs.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
This is why my avatar barely holds anything anymore.

Lonely Dragon

It's pretty damn bad with normal hands, heavens forbid you use any sort of glove or claw.

I wanted my current avatar to hold a scythe. lolnopeitjustfloatsintheairnearyourhand.

Agile Glitch

I think female bases have always had it bad with holding items...

jennibert's Husband

Liberal Lover

Heiros

Male bases have better feet and hand poses, and held items have always looked better on guy avatars since they instituted hand poses ages ago. Lots of stuff has a "hold vertical" pose, but the female fist pose is clearly at an angle, making the whole thing look terrible.

I usually keep an item in hand but the arms down, and I just avoid the items that don't look right in that pose, if possible.

Agile Glitch

Disciple of Sakura
Heiros

Male bases have better feet and hand poses, and held items have always looked better on guy avatars since they instituted hand poses ages ago. Lots of stuff has a "hold vertical" pose, but the female fist pose is clearly at an angle, making the whole thing look terrible.

I usually keep an item in hand but the arms down, and I just avoid the items that don't look right in that pose, if possible.

Yeah, I've noticed with the feet poses too, that male bases tend to have it better there too with shoes. But female bases have been getting a loooooooot of leg and arm mods these days.. maybe to make up for the bad base posing they've made?

Sugary Heart

Arm mods killed the handheld star.

/says while wearing an arm mod.

I agree that it's just lazy, and really aggravating when I can think of a FREE SPONSOR ITEM that fits into our hands perfectly (Year One Sword)

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Hahaha wow. That's awful.
I like how it's just floating there in the first one.

Eloquent Player

10,675 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I miss the big thread about this. I don't think they will ever fix it. Or anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff