• Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
User Image

User Image
──────────────────────────────── • ● • ───

Really guys, when??!!
Even you put in the tittle page:
The REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY old Inventory Arranger!!!!
It's a necessity for all the gaians....

And as suggestions:
-It would be nice if you could arrange the items by color, by date of buying/creation, and other similar characteristics
-That's all I cant think of right now xDD

───• ● •────────────────────────────────

User Image

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
      Inventory arranger could do with an update - I'm waiting for one before I start sorting my items out. Also you may want to change the color of your posts, I had to highlight over it to be able to read it.

Izzy Derp's Prince

Sparkling Sex Symbol

20,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Toxe-sama
      Inventory arranger could do with an update - I'm waiting for one before I start sorting my items out. Also you may want to change the color of your posts, I had to highlight over it to be able to read it.

User Image

User Image

lol!!
ok i'll change it...

Yeah, i really hope Gaia listen to this...
Its a nightmare trying to arrange my inventory... crying

User Image

Edgy Fatcat

11,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Magical Girl 50
I really want the item arranger to be similar to the dress up, so you can organize them by item type. :/ it would be a lot easier for me to figure out what's a top and what's an item without having to have another tab open to the dress up page to figure it out.

Lonely Conversationalist

Quick tabs for arranging it by price would also be nice for those of us looking to sell some older stuff. Especially if it could somehow arrange by marketplace prices, but I know that could be asking for too much.

Izzy Derp's Prince

Sparkling Sex Symbol

20,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Hakabakashii
Quick tabs for arranging it by price would also be nice for those of us looking to sell some older stuff. Especially if it could somehow arrange by marketplace prices, but I know that could be asking for too much.

User Image

User Image

ohh!!
that would be very useful...
i like your idea, but yeah....
marketplaces prices would be waaay too much to ask

User Image

Dangerous Visionary

In 2013 Gaia will be a 10 year old site. Therefore, MOST of the things people have been asking for will probably happen. This suggestion probably will be done in the first couple of months of 2013 if not even sooner.

Izzy Derp's Prince

Sparkling Sex Symbol

20,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Miss-dark8607
In 2013 Gaia will be a 10 year old site. Therefore, MOST of the things people have been asking for will probably happen. This suggestion probably will be done in the first couple of months of 2013 if not even sooner.

User Image

User Image

hello Miss!!
I hope all your predictions come true!!

User Image

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Everyone wants it updated. Did you see the Spring Cleaning thread about it? So many cookies IDEK! eek

Playful Kitten

Paul-19
Miss-dark8607

User Image

User Image

hello Miss!!

User Image
I sincerely wouldn't count on it. It would be nice, since as she pointed out it's the "official" 10 year anniversary... but technically gaia opened in oct 2002, so the 10 year anniversary has already passed.

But back on point, the codings a mess, and outdated, and to fix it would basically require rebuilding the entire thing. And that doesn't seem like a simple task by any means. So basically they've been intentionally avoiding it.

Plus they've already said they plan to do a huge alchemy revamp at the end of this year/beginning of next year, so I wouldn't count on the inventory arranger getting messed with until next summer at the earliest..

Izzy Derp's Prince

Sparkling Sex Symbol

20,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Cool Cat 500
Frozen Mist

User Image

User Image

WOW...!!
I didn't know all this...
thanks to point it out ^^
oh well... at least we have hopes they do it sooner...

User Image

IRL Glitch

24,725 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
          It really is a shame. Gaia's policy tends to be along the lines of "old code is messy to fix so let's just make new features that also need to be fixed and focus on those instead".
          But seriously, it would be nice to get an update. As Gaia gets older, people hoard more items and I've heard many people claim that the inventory arranger breaks with too many items. This is just going to be a more annoying problem the longer they wait. Though like it has been pointed out, it seems unlikely they'll do anything about it any time soon.

Timid Lover

14,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Love Machine 150
I haven't touched it in forever since it's a laggy piece of yeah.

Dangerous Visionary

Paul-19
Miss-dark8607

User Image

User Image

hello Miss!!

User Image

Yeah hopefully. I mean it would be nice if they could go all out and revamp, update, and improve on many of the forgotten features around here like this, journals, games, exchanges, shops, and of course the guilds. But we'll see.

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
My dream inventory arranger would be like a giant wardrobe, with all the aekea storage options.

You'd have the central wardrobe space divided into two: hanging space for tops, dresses, shirts (the current top tab in the dress up page) and pants, skirts etc (bottoms tab) Then at the bottom you'd have shoe racks, and at the top would be hats and wigs etc. You'd also have multiple drawers for accessories, belts/ties, scarves etc.

Then you'd have a general section for items with mulitple poses (most CS items for example.) Ideally you'd be able to manually move these into any section you choose, ignoring tabs. So for example you have an item with a hat/shoes/top/bottom/scarf/wig. If you always choose the wig option for that item you could move it into the hats/wigs section. (This wouldn't take away the other options, just allow you to sort it where you normally look for it.) And of course you could move it somewhere else if you want. It would also be great if the default thumbnail would change depending on where you put it. So if you put it in wigs it would show the wig. If you put it in shoes the thumbnail would display the shoes etc.

Then there would be the non-equippable item storage sections. Game items, zomg items, towns etc, each with a separate drawer.

And lastly you'd be able to build optional drawers, self-labelled if possible, and be able to put any items in those, again being able to ignore tabs. You'd also be able to store game items in there if you wanted to. This would be very useful for alchemists, since in many cases not only do you need a formula, but also equippable items, alchemy components and game/zomg items. It would be nice to be able to put all those things in one place until you've completed your formula.

If you had all these separate storage areas it would be nice to be able to arrange them yourself. Move them around and resize them according to your needs. If you're Gaia's equivalent to Imelda Marcos, you need a lot of shoe space, so make it bigger. If you're into fishing, get the upsized freezer to store your fish in. If you don't wear hats, just close that space to make more room for your t-shirt collection. And so on. You'd have a personalized, custom created storage space at your fingertips.

That's my dream anyway. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces